Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 2 Jan 2013, 20:22 (Ref:3183947)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Stoke Row Motor Sport Day/Classic Car Tour

Delta Motorsport runs the third in a series of three (so far) events.
Old 7 Jan 2013, 21:33 (Ref:3186172)   #2
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let's get this rolling....

Iain, put me down for the rally/race/treasure hunt/whatever and a Jag or two in the racing display.

In a managerial capacity only, I'm working on a team of 3 for the duelathlon.

And this year the tenths team is going to win the pitstop challenge. All we need now is a team....over to you...
Old 7 Jan 2013, 21:45 (Ref:3186178)   #3
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks for starting thread Peter.Ok Colin,dont worry no duelathlon just a family bike ride along the river this year HRTR5 please take note.This will take place Saturday aftenoon then followed with Delta BBQ in evening with lots of natter about how fast at driving racing cars we used to be.So are you finnaly coming this year Al.
Sunday and our freinds from Craven Motor Club have again organised a lovely route through the Oxfordshire countryside. I will be posting entry forms later on. Open to all cars with last year we had a Renault Electric car,a couple of Ferrari;s,GT40,Austin Seven, AC Cobra and so on. Please come its a great weekend.
Old 8 Jan 2013, 13:22 (Ref:3186405)   #4
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Thanks for starting thread Peter.Ok Colin,dont worry no duelathlon just a family bike ride along the river this year HRTR5 please take note.This will take place Saturday aftenoon then followed with Delta BBQ in evening with lots of natter about how fast at driving racing cars we used to be.So are you finnaly coming this year Al.
Sunday and our freinds from Craven Motor Club have again organised a lovely route through the Oxfordshire countryside. I will be posting entry forms later on. Open to all cars with last year we had a Renault Electric car,a couple of Ferrari;s,GT40,Austin Seven, AC Cobra and so on. Please come its a great weekend.
Duly Noted!! Mind you, it's not me you have to convince, it's Mrs HRSTR5 ... and I'm not sure how much credibility you have there!!!

Would like to think we'll be there, bike ride Saturday, bbq and then use the XK for the rally, it could be the first time the whole family will have gone out in it together, until now we've always had to have a child seat, but Freddie will be 3 by then, so now longer required (although something secure will definitely be in place!). Save us a pitch in the corner of the yard!
Old 14 Jan 2013, 22:25 (Ref:3189176)   #5
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've kept that weekend free should you require any "orange assistance".
Old 15 Jan 2013, 07:25 (Ref:3189299)   #6
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks Chiggers,Fay is on the case,we are opening up the tour too 50 cars this year so yes please to any help.
Old 15 Feb 2013, 20:21 (Ref:3205502)   #7
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Fellow comitee member on the phone today with some lovelly Valentines news.Turns out, a couple who met at the show last year have got engaged today. Tickled pink.
Old 17 Feb 2013, 10:43 (Ref:3206156)   #8
Gary Critcher
Racer

England
London, England, UK
Gary Critcher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blimey, I'm thinking I may well have 2 cars at Stoke Row this year !!
Old 17 Feb 2013, 18:31 (Ref:3206268)   #9
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Critcher View Post
Blimey, I'm thinking I may well have 2 cars at Stoke Row this year !!
You are entered for the Tour Gazza..You need a navigator but you cant have Morgan cuz eesss elping me.
Old 10 Mar 2013, 10:23 (Ref:3216621)   #10
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Click image for larger version

Name:	teo baby dialisis machine's up and running.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	294.1 KB
ID:	39494
This picture of two baby dialysis machines up and running came over yesterday.Just wanted to thank all my 10/10th mates and friends who have supported the Stoke Row Motor Sport Day over the past years. This year is the fifth year of running the show and the Sun will shine.
So thank you and pat your selves on the back as we made a difference and the machines are now giving premiture baby's the chance to live.
Old 16 May 2013, 06:16 (Ref:3248240)   #11
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Thought the thread for this year's event better be bumped up to save confusion on date!

It doesn't clash with anything important- only some old and new Astons celebrating something at Brands- so hope to make it!

Old 16 May 2013, 09:32 (Ref:3248316)   #12
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It also clashes with the MSA's new "Go Motorsport Live" at Sillystone.

"Go Motorsport Live! is a new event for National Motorsport Week (29 June – 7 July) and is designed to show the public how accessible motor sport can be. This year it concludes the week-long celebration of the sport just one week after the British Grand Prix (30 June).
Motor clubs, championships, teams and other organisations will set up static displays, which will complement a live Production Car Autotest with free passenger rides, plus a Trials demonstration.
Silverstone will also offer discounted driving experiences and tours of its world-famous facilities, and visitors will be able to watch the Formula Student finals taking place. Meanwhile marshalling clubs will be on hand to advise potential recruits and highlight the role as part of the MSA’s Year of the Volunteer."

You're not that far from S-S are you Iain? A couple of posters round the circuit, a quiet word in the ear of the PR officer for joint promotion and Bob's your Uncle! Doubled income for the charity...
Old 16 May 2013, 22:31 (Ref:3248589)   #13
Gary Critcher
Racer

England
London, England, UK
Gary Critcher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
....I'll make sure I only use this thread from now on
Old 13 Jun 2013, 11:42 (Ref:3262081)   #14
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Fay is on the case,we are opening up the tour too 50 cars this year so yes please to any help.
Looks like we should have at least 9 marshals to help out Iain, also thought this would be a good time to bump your thread back up.

2 of the marshals are bringing their 2 boys aged 6 and 4 so I`m sure you can use them as drivers for pitstop competition.
Old 13 Jun 2013, 18:34 (Ref:3262242)   #15
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
To be honest with the miserable neighbours I have in my road its a chore getting the car and trailer out as I have to drive it as too heavy to push so I will only do it for a race meeting these days so sorry I won't be there.
Old 14 Jun 2013, 08:24 (Ref:3262514)   #16
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just had a text from Iain in Dijon. He says he'll be full on with preparations next week. They've got 20 entries for the tour at the moment but any additional entries would be welcomed.
Old 19 Jun 2013, 05:16 (Ref:3264685)   #17
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Me a nd Trotsky putting up the banners today some wonderfull cars enterd for the tour I will publish list of drivers and cars later hope you are all going to try to come this year
Old 19 Jun 2013, 07:20 (Ref:3264710)   #18
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm really gutted I can't make it again. On Saturday the Mrs MM is playing in the town band at the local beer festival and there's a family 3 line whip, and on Sunday I've got to drag my hangover into work.

Good luck for the weekend. Are you holding a raffle? I'm sure I could donate a prize.
Old 19 Jun 2013, 08:41 (Ref:3264722)   #19
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I'm really gutted I can't make it again. On Saturday the Mrs MM is playing in the town band at the local beer festival and there's a family 3 line whip, and on Sunday I've got to drag my hangover into work.

Good luck for the weekend. Are you holding a raffle? I'm sure I could donate a prize.
Thanks Max,any donations much appreciated.
Old 19 Jun 2013, 12:38 (Ref:3264832)   #20
redlight
Rookie

England
Camberley, UK
redlight should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Iain, I shall be there on Sunday for the pit stop challenge....bring em on!
Old 19 Jun 2013, 14:27 (Ref:3264873)   #21
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't forget I've still got that Rubens Barrichello signed cap safely put to one side.
Old 19 Jun 2013, 18:07 (Ref:3265013)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good luck Iain, I hope it's a massive success.
Old 20 Jun 2013, 05:24 (Ref:3265278)   #23
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Thanks Peter,I was out on the push bike last night and have sorted a lovelly route for all the exhibiters arriving early on Saturday too get set up.Plan too leave Stoke Row around 3pm out for a couple of hours down too the River Thames by Goring then back via a very nice pub for a couple of beers or three.. BBQ in the evening at the site and a good old natter and nogin night chatting about how quick we all used too be."Thank you Gordon " before you start.
The entry's for the tour have reached nearly 30 ,as I said before still space as Craven Motor Club have organised this year too accomadate for 50 cars.,
Pit stop challenge teams are also entering early this year as well,BTW its our 5th year of the show.
Some of you might know that our very own Roger Wills did a bike ride too raise money for Great Ormand Street Hospital and we are going to support him with part of the money we raise at Stoke Row.
Please come if you can and just PM me if you want too Camp over on Saturday or take part in the tour on Sunday. Cheers Iain.
Old 20 Jun 2013, 06:01 (Ref:3265287)   #24
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
BBQ and a good old natter and nogin night chatting about how quick we all used too be."Thank you Gordon " before you start.
I haven't said anything but you do seem to have a "to and too" fetish
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 22 Jun 2013, 12:31 (Ref:3266465)   #25
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Well, I may make it into the Tour yet. Sorted out what has MOT and is displaying a RFL. Car one, 924S, dead battery, despite having been in regular use until last few weeks. Car two, 968 Sport, dead battery, ditto. Car three, Plus 4, only one seat and on knackered Dunlop L's. Perhaps not. Car four, RS1600, fired up after sorting airlock in fuel line. Water leak from top hose. Tightened clip. Now just need to sort out oil leak from gauge line........

And my bike has a worn through rear rim, so hopefully not too many hills on the ride!