Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 14 Mar 2020, 16:11 (Ref:3964193)   #101
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
You are not allowed to walk on the beach or the Paseo in Mojacar, the whole place is in lockdown !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 14 Mar 2020, 20:14 (Ref:3964227)   #102
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
It’s 90 % certain this meeting and majority of others will not take place
If it does , looking at other sports, it should not !
Don’t think we will see many Historic’s until end June
Tour Auto and CER Ricard are already postponed.
PresumablyDonington Festival will go
Old 14 Mar 2020, 21:43 (Ref:3964244)   #103
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yup John, I concur.
Old 15 Mar 2020, 01:41 (Ref:3964260)   #104
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
It's looking like us old farts won't even be allowed out of the house !!!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 15 Mar 2020, 10:00 (Ref:3964296)   #105
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Yup, just heard that suggestion implying that persons over 70 shouldn't leave the house whereupon my good lady proclaimed that she wouldn't have to go to work tomorrow!
The test session at Goodwood last thursday was very thin on numbers suggesting perhaps that some competitors had already anticipated that the MM may be cancelled altogether.
Old 15 Mar 2020, 10:04 (Ref:3964298)   #106
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
So she’s over 70 and you still have her working whilst you stay at home ?
Impressed !
Old 15 Mar 2020, 10:34 (Ref:3964302)   #107
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
So she’s over 70 and you still have her working whilst you stay at home ?
Impressed !
Someone has to pay for all my motorsport trips!
In all honesty she just won't quit her post office duties, if anybody is likely to contract an infection she's top of the list but always seems immune.
Old 15 Mar 2020, 10:41 (Ref:3964303)   #108
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Well just heard news and all over 70 ‘s got to stay at home . If this is true then I’m not going to MM. All my drivers are well over that age .
Old 15 Mar 2020, 10:44 (Ref:3964305)   #109
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Would Richard agree?
Old 15 Mar 2020, 10:50 (Ref:3964308)   #110
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
2 further test sessions this Wed/Thurs, interesting to see if anyone bothers to turn up.
Old 15 Mar 2020, 11:33 (Ref:3964314)   #111
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
Will go for a motorbike ride now, all my bikes tested negative, even the Ducati, so completely safe.

RuE

Likewise, I have 5 Lambrettas, all tested negative, have ridden 3 this week. . .the weather is improving, even if nothing else is.
Old 15 Mar 2020, 11:36 (Ref:3964315)   #112
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
2 further test sessions this Wed/Thurs, interesting to see if anyone bothers to turn up.
HRDC tomorrow, I'm working less than a mile away so will drop in. . .
Old 15 Mar 2020, 15:12 (Ref:3964343)   #113
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
It should be postponed. No questions.
Old 15 Mar 2020, 18:40 (Ref:3964373)   #114
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I think this should be reduced to over 62s. I'm supposed to be going to see my 95 year old uncle next week, I'll probably have to cancel..................I don't want to catch anything off the old boy
Old 16 Mar 2020, 14:32 (Ref:3964553)   #115
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
A few nice sheds n Nails there today. Biggest crow I've ever seen above Nigels Very green Jag. a few nice Alfas scattered around, Including Chris Whelans ex works Alfasud 1300. ( Black Napolina liveried)

I've tried turning photos round again . . . .something to do with Aple/Microsoft . . .beyond me.
Attached Thumbnails
1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg  

4.jpg   5.jpg  
Old 16 Mar 2020, 15:55 (Ref:3964573)   #116
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Seems your Micronotsoft version is Bertone inclined, Joe…
Old 16 Mar 2020, 18:19 (Ref:3964634)   #117
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Has any one seen an entry list yet please?
Old 16 Mar 2020, 20:09 (Ref:3964683)   #118
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Has any one seen an entry list yet please?
I’d think an entry list would be far from top priority at the moment?
Old 16 Mar 2020, 20:18 (Ref:3964687)   #119
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Guess all the drivers will be under 70
Old 16 Mar 2020, 20:23 (Ref:3964690)   #120
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just seen although not offical a post on Insta from a historic racer who was going to attend with his event passes with the words cancelled edited over them. Matter of time before its offical I imagine. Pity.
Old 16 Mar 2020, 20:38 (Ref:3964695)   #121
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Just seen although not offical a post on Insta from a historic racer who was going to attend with his event passes with the words cancelled edited over them. Matter of time before its offical I imagine. Pity.
That is what I was wondering, no entry list tends to say it wont be going on. I do know of marshals picking up tickets yesterday though.

Last edited by rbs; 16 Mar 2020 at 20:39. Reason: spelling
Old 16 Mar 2020, 20:39 (Ref:3964696)   #122
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
That is what I was wondering, no entry list tends to say it wont be going on. I do know of marshals picking up tickets yesterday though.
Old 16 Mar 2020, 20:48 (Ref:3964697)   #123
stiggy
Rookie

stiggy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Entry list was sent to all competitors last Saturday
Old 16 Mar 2020, 21:10 (Ref:3964701)   #124
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiggy View Post
Entry list was sent to all competitors last Saturday
Situation is evolving every day. Apart the governments woeful response of course.

It really shouldn't be that less than a couple of weeks before one of the big historic meets of the year that all are still wondering whats happening and waiting for yet more announcements.
Old 16 Mar 2020, 21:24 (Ref:3964707)   #125
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'd suggest the government has told us. No major events will be supported by emergency services. What are you looking for?