Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 20 Mar 2020, 18:29 (Ref:3965862)   #151
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
The situation is deteriorating so fast, I am coming round to the thought that there may well be no motorsport this year. The massive, massive cost to the global economy will hit the gentleman driver who will put his business and family ahead of historic motorsport. I can see almost no F1 calendar this year, I think FOM and the FIA are almost in denial that this will just blow over in a few weeks and millions of dollars will still flow their way to put 20 F1 cars on track.

Driver and team sponsorship agreed late last year will evaporate in modern motorsport.

The car industry will be decimated, we will see even more consolidation in the market for survival.

This is going to make the 2008 crash look like losing the float at a village fete.

All according to my crystal ball...

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Old 20 Mar 2020, 18:57 (Ref:3965866)   #152
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-51931394
Old 20 Mar 2020, 18:58 (Ref:3965867)   #153
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
425 deaths in Italy during the last 24 hours. This is serious.
Old 20 Mar 2020, 19:42 (Ref:3965874)   #154
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just volunteered for giving food out to those who can't get to it in stores for example the elderly and delivering at home.

Not much but every little helps if you can. The thought of hearing a V12 Jag again is keeping me going anyway no matter how long that may be in the future.

Stay Safe.
Old 20 Mar 2020, 19:46 (Ref:3965877)   #155
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Just volunteered for giving food out to those who can't get to it in stores for example the elderly and delivering at home.

Not much but every little helps if you can. The thought of hearing a V12 Jag again is keeping me going anyway no matter how long that may be in the future.

Stay Safe.

Well done for volunteering - stay safe yourself
Old 20 Mar 2020, 23:43 (Ref:3965916)   #156
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Stay Safe.

Well done for doing that, every little helps. We need everyone to help out to the vulnerable and NHS in anyway they can to get through this
Old 21 Mar 2020, 08:32 (Ref:3965950)   #157
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Stay Safe.
Well done for volunteering Will, as you say, every little helps. Sadly despite our passion for it, there are more important things at the moment to worry about than Motor Sport.
Old 21 Mar 2020, 12:51 (Ref:3965980)   #158
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Well said...
We can keep our passion going through here as well as offer moral support to.
Old 21 Mar 2020, 12:59 (Ref:3965981)   #159
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Well said...
We can keep our passion going through here as well as offer moral support to.
Here, here! My thoughts exactly
Old 23 Mar 2020, 13:55 (Ref:3966264)   #160
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All testing and track days halted at MSV circuits now:

http://news.msv.com/dp-23032020.aspx

Surprised it took this long tbh.
Old 23 Mar 2020, 14:51 (Ref:3966273)   #161
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Same @ Mallory until at least May 1st.

What am I to do?
Old 23 Mar 2020, 14:57 (Ref:3966276)   #162
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Same @ Mallory until at least May 1st.

What am I to do?
Work has fallen off a cliff at the end of this week; I may end up having to paint the fence!
Old 23 Mar 2020, 15:00 (Ref:3966277)   #163
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've just been ccutting the hedge!
Old 23 Mar 2020, 15:24 (Ref:3966286)   #164
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
I've just been ccutting the hedge!

...and I've just cut my grass!
Old 23 Mar 2020, 15:56 (Ref:3966295)   #165
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I just walked through the woods. Lots of folks and all keeping our distance.
Old 23 Mar 2020, 16:27 (Ref:3966306)   #166
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's odd because it's deja vu for me having been a kid when Aberdeen was shut down with a typhoid epidemic in the early '60s. I can't remember what on earth I did, not allowed out, no telly until 5pm and even then it was just two channels. Choice of Andy Pandy or Romper Room until the news and Nationwide at 6. I guess we did what we always did and made our own entertainment which nowadays usually means sitting on the phone/pc. Lots of good intent from mums & dads re home schooling, I wonder how long they'll keep that up. I think the typhoid was seen off in a few weeks, this looks like being very different.
Old 23 Mar 2020, 20:56 (Ref:3966362)   #167
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I had to take my other half to hospital today for an ultrasound, I hate going near the places especially at this moment in time. The first thing before you turn into the main entrance is a sign saying "Corona virus testing pod"
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 24 Mar 2020, 10:28 (Ref:3966449)   #168
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just received this email:

Motorsport UK Extends Suspension of Motorsport Permits to 30th June
24/03/20
In light of recent developments in the COVID-19 crisis, and following the address to the nation by the Prime Minister on the evening of 23rd March, Motorsport UK has today extended its suspension of all organising permits and Certificates of Exemption for motorsport events until at least 30th June.

This move provides clear guidance to event organisers, venues, competitors, officials and volunteer marshals of the role that Motorsport UK must play in supporting the broader UK public health agenda.

In recent days the feedback from our members and the community was a need for increased clarity to allow them to plan appropriately and, should the need arise, put in place necessary contingency measures.

Motorsport UK Chairman, David Richards explained, “Motorsport UK has a vital role to play with its community in re-inforcing that, at this time of national emergency, we must all stay at home to play our part in protecting the NHS and ultimately saving lives. Today, the government have required that we effectively lock-down for a period of three weeks, however given that the most vulnerable in our society are required to isolate for three months, it is evident that the most responsible course of action was to propose a longer suspension of our sport. When we reflect back on this time, it will be a brief, but vital, hiatus from our everyday motorsport life and we must put this in perspective. This is a time of national unity and we need to come together with the broader public community to do all we can to support this battle and ultimately save lives.”

Motorsport UK will continue to monitor the prevailing advice from the UK Government in respect of the COVID-19 international pandemic and will update the motorsport community accordingly.

[Ends]

The latest UK government advice

The most recent NHS guidance

Advice for self-isolation

Government economic measures in tackling the economic impact of Coronavirus

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
Website
Motorsport UK logo
© Motorsport UK 2020. All rights reserved. The registered company address of The Royal Automobile Club Motor Sports Association Limited is Motorsport UK House, Riverside Park, Colnbrook, SL3 0HG. Registered in England. Company registration number: 1344829. | VAT no: GB242304895.

Update your preferences | Unsubscribe
View email online | Terms
Old 24 Mar 2020, 10:29 (Ref:3966450)   #169
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's going to be a long boring summer isn't it?
Old 24 Mar 2020, 11:11 (Ref:3966464)   #170
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just to add to the complications, my mother in law passed away today (97) and now we have to visit registrars, funeral parlours etc.
Old 24 Mar 2020, 11:45 (Ref:3966474)   #171
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Just to add to the complications, my mother in law passed away today (97) and now we have to visit registrars, funeral parlours etc.

Peter, may I extend my condolences to you, your wife and family.
Old 24 Mar 2020, 11:51 (Ref:3966475)   #172
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post

Sorry to hear that, Peter.

My condolences to yourself, and of course your wife.
Old 24 Mar 2020, 12:12 (Ref:3966478)   #173
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am starting to wonder what the impact of the virus on historic motorracing will be.

This will obviously be difficult for many motorsport professionals
preparers, clubs, event organisers, dealers in motorsport supplies even racetracks
as the planned income dries up

also, not all competitors might return afterwards, at least for some time, if they have been hit by the crisis themselves

the very affluent might return to business as usual mode afterwards
but to what ??

I very distant relative of mine has died this week from Corona Virus, from my age bracket
It does make a huge difference if that happens not somewhere distant in Italy, but to somebody one grew up with, makes one feel rattled

Beeing ahead in Germany in relation to UK (not a great place to be, but there You go) we see more and more news of businesses going belly up, 2 large chains of restaurants, obviously at this early point in time the one that were on the brink beforehand, buuuut.....

btw: the Maredo steak house chain, know to F1 fans as sponsors of Stefan Bellofs Tyrrell have just gone bust

RuE

Last edited by Rudernst; 24 Mar 2020 at 12:31.
Old 24 Mar 2020, 12:37 (Ref:3966484)   #174
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Think you’re absolutely right about all that.
Old 24 Mar 2020, 12:42 (Ref:3966485)   #175
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My condolences Peter. Not good at any time of course but right now, a real tricky situation.