Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 4 Jan 2008, 20:07 (Ref:2099477)   #101
Keith Graham
Rookie

United Kingdom
Hythe,Kent
Keith Graham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That white Anglia with black stripe in one of those shots..

I have put two more smaller but higher res. shots here as well. The white Anglia with the black stripe, front view Andrew....Does this confirm your suspicion of who it may be? Also that red Anglia with the black and white painted blocks on the leading edge of the bonnet. Can anyone name that driver?
Bert Mk2, No I am sorry I haven`t seen Derek for some 30yrs and don`t know of his whereabouts. His younger brother used to be a rep. for Castrol the oil company. I remember he once said Castrol tested all oils available in the UK (in about 1967) We all had a real laugh because Castrol came well down the list at about 6th and the top oil was, yes you have guessed it, good old Duckhams.

Regards Keith http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/hh283/1964kg/

Last edited by Keith Graham; 4 Jan 2008 at 20:11.
Old 9 Mar 2008, 20:14 (Ref:2147709)   #102
Gnomex
Veteran

Gnomex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just an update on work at the circuit. At the training day today it was apparent that much work has been done already. There is a new two storey building in the paddock where the old race office stood. The base coats for the surfacing have been laid and there has been some landscaping to the upper levels near the pit entry road. Away from the paddock, much of the fencing is new. There does seem to be quite a lot to finish off, to the extent that there were a couple of contractors there today even though it was a Sunday.
Old 9 Mar 2008, 21:43 (Ref:2147786)   #103
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes that nice 2 storey building...ground floor is the new shiney medical center...upstairs is the drivers signing on office...complete with disabled access (not).
Old 10 Mar 2008, 09:08 (Ref:2148105)   #104
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Saw from this post that Gails might have gone?? Is this true??
Old 10 Mar 2008, 09:39 (Ref:2148130)   #105
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
jonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's what I'd heard was happening about 2 months ago. Apparently the new owners want to make it all look a bit smarter and one of the things that has to go was the horsebox.

Terrible news though. I'm going to miss those breakfasts.
Old 10 Mar 2008, 10:14 (Ref:2148162)   #106
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
yes same, not been there many times but am hoping to go down for the Rallycross over Easter and was looking forward to a good brekkie then
Old 10 Mar 2008, 20:52 (Ref:2148670)   #107
Gnomex
Veteran

Gnomex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbryant
Terrible news though. I'm going to miss those breakfasts.
You and me both - though I'm the one who needs to give them up! Oh, and the cream cakes, donuts....
Old 24 Mar 2008, 20:16 (Ref:2160539)   #108
Suze
Veteran

England
Well apparently Gail's is still there but in a burger van thingy - you know what I mean. Anyway, didn't find that today but there does now seem to be more food options than when I was last there unless I missed them before [eg jacket spuds etc]. There's new fencing and portakabins, and the very bottom of the paddock has been tarmaced but looks like more is planned and it's not finished. Also a couple of grandstands on the exit of the hairpin now. It's looking good, so well done to Pat Doran.
Old 24 Mar 2008, 21:44 (Ref:2160626)   #109
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Word I had was that Gail wouldn't be taking on a new van and that they were struggling to get people to run the vans because they were charging so much ground rent.

I'll reserve my judgement until the first meeting BARC SE are organising on the 12th April...
Old 25 Mar 2008, 08:33 (Ref:2160895)   #110
Suze
Veteran

England
Well I was told this by somebody else who was there, that they had visited Gail's and she was in a van.....like I said though, I didn't try and find her. There were plenty of catering facilities there though at the top of the paddock and on the dover slope.
Old 25 Mar 2008, 09:04 (Ref:2160934)   #111
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
jonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In the interests of research I'll carry out a quality test on Gail's breakfast roll to ensure the relocation hasn't affected things.
Old 25 Mar 2008, 09:08 (Ref:2160936)   #112
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Good man Jon
Old 25 Mar 2008, 09:14 (Ref:2160942)   #113
Suze
Veteran

England
Quote:
In the interests of research I'll carry out a quality test on Gail's breakfast roll to ensure the relocation hasn't affected things.
Well done, please do report back.....having realised Lydden is now only an hour from I live I think I might be visiting more often
Old 25 Mar 2008, 09:30 (Ref:2160961)   #114
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
I'm committed to my work
Old 25 Mar 2008, 10:14 (Ref:2161009)   #115
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a tough job Jon, but someone has to do it.
Old 25 Mar 2008, 11:17 (Ref:2161066)   #116
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm committed to my work
HAH!

Oh, you mean that tasting work.
Old 26 Mar 2008, 16:37 (Ref:2162182)   #117
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Just stuck my entry in for the 12th Cheryl, look forward to seeing you again.
Old 26 Mar 2008, 17:25 (Ref:2162218)   #118
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy V
HAH!

Oh, you mean that tasting work.
I have to say I'm liking this latest import Eddy... Nice and malty!

And look forward to seeing you at Lydden Al!
Old 26 Mar 2008, 18:00 (Ref:2162246)   #119
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
Al, which race (or races) will you be doing?
Old 26 Mar 2008, 20:15 (Ref:2162348)   #120
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I am doing the CTCRC Pre-93 Touring Car Race with the black car I took out with you DMN guys the once.

I have had to mess about with it a bit to comply with the regs i.e. bolt back on the front inner bumper and swap the Edelbrock aftermarket alloy heads for some genuine GM ones but they are nice heads ex-F5000 and fully flowed and prepared so should not effect performance to much they are also 30lbs heavier, but to counter that I have a revised ignition system and 18inch wheels with Toyo 888's fitted so I am hoping it should still go reasonably well and be competitive in this more restricted formula. Oh I have also fitted a transverse racing silencer from the US made for this type of car so I won't need to run the Supertrapps (hopefully) as it looks very effiecient and they are a power robber so you never know I may end up with a net gain.

Be sure to come over and say hello Jon and we can compare notes on Gail's breakfast!
Old 26 Mar 2008, 20:56 (Ref:2162388)   #121
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
Top man, look forward to seeing you there. Can you persuade some more guys to enter please, bit slow coming in at the moment.
Old 26 Mar 2008, 21:03 (Ref:2162400)   #122
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I will put a post up on the club site to wind em up a bit. There is meant to be a Dodge dart coming out in the pre-66's.
Old 26 Mar 2008, 21:32 (Ref:2162437)   #123
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
Be sure to come over and say hello Jon and we can compare notes on Gail's breakfast!
Roger that!

And whats racing on the 12th then? I've not really seen a timetable or anything else. Is it sprinting in the morning?
Old 26 Mar 2008, 21:51 (Ref:2162468)   #124
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
Sprint in the morning (Gary Chappell's boy is having a go). Racing in the afternoon, intermarque, tin tops, pre.93 saloons, classic Group One, Post historic, pre.66 etc.
Old 27 Mar 2008, 08:37 (Ref:2162765)   #125
Suze
Veteran

England
Who do I need to contact for sprint details, is it Chez? Supposed to be moving that weekend but maybe could fit in something else as well..... Lydden booklet doesn't mention the sprint only the racing and only says BARC so not sure who to contact.