Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 31 Jul 2010, 00:43 (Ref:2736148)   #1
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Will you be buying GT5?

At first glance this may just look like i've posted in the wrong forum, but it's actually deliberate.

Gran Turismo 5 as some of you will already know will feature a 'Track editor'. Not too sure on the specific details, but I'm presuming it's somewhat detailed.

Anyone getting it? Anyone got any ideas as to how detailed it'll be?

If you are getting it - what are you looking forward to trying create first, some of your own tracks or a replica of a current track?

I foolishly sold my PS3 earlier this year, so i'll be picking up a second hand one once this comes out (November).

Selby
Old 31 Jul 2010, 02:52 (Ref:2736176)   #2
tlongman
Racer

United States
New Jersey
tlongman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have the collectors edition already on reserve! I've patiently been waiting for....whats it been now? 5 years? And now that it's finally got a solid release date I just can't wait! Anyway though, as great as it will inevitably be, the track editor aspect of it is not what I would spend my time getting excited about. Instead I'm really just more excited for the Day/Night change and full weather effects. That's just me though. You see until I get full confirmation as to what exactly "track editor" entails I'm not going to get my hopes up. Sure I would absolutely love to see a full scale track editor in the final build of the game but I don't think the technology is there just yet for that kind of undertaking. Again, I would love to see it happen but until I hear it from something more official than the Playstation magazine (which has been wrong in the past) I'll file this under "I'll believe it when I see it"
Old 31 Jul 2010, 08:34 (Ref:2736230)   #3
Quintin03
Veteran

Netherlands
Quintin03 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not so sure about that track editor really. The first time it has been mentioned so called "stunt arenas" were also mentioned as was karting and though karting would have some chance I think "stunt arenas" won't. But yes I will buy the game. I have been waiting for over a year but I know that it won't take much longer.
Old 31 Jul 2010, 13:18 (Ref:2736329)   #4
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
My expectation would be just being able to create nigh-on whatever track shape you want. I don't mind too much about surroundings and visuals etc, aslong as you can put togther a freely made track, even if it's for karting, that'd be fantastic.

Selby
Old 31 Jul 2010, 23:57 (Ref:2736812)   #5
tlongman
Racer

United States
New Jersey
tlongman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alright I could maybe see that happening but to have a track editor that bare bones, while it would still be better than nothing, I couldn't see Kazunori putting something in his masterpiece than wasn't up to his highly discriminating standards.
Old 3 Aug 2010, 19:51 (Ref:2738957)   #6
vin13
Rookie

United States
Austin, Texas
vin13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll definitely be buying it. Likely the collector's edition. I absolutely love Forza 3 and from everything I've seen GT5 will blow it out of the water. I'm not expecting a lot from the track editor but my passion for track design will let me get some fun out of it I'm sure.
Old 9 Sep 2010, 16:15 (Ref:2756830)   #7
Tall Chris
Racer

England
Headcorn
Tall Chris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To me it's the track and vehicle dynamics that are key, I don't care if the car is reflected in the windows of the buildings I pass. If I can create a track and there's only basic graphics it's still going to be a winner.
Old 10 Sep 2010, 15:03 (Ref:2757298)   #8
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its not a full track builder, its actually a track generator.

Basically you pick the legnth and surface and then set how twisty you want it to be and the game generates it.. So not a full track editor.