Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

HSCC OULTON PARK GOLD CUP
Calendar: Historic Racing
Mike Bell  
29 Aug 2020 to 31 Aug 2020 07:30 to 19:30
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings

HSCC 3 day Bank Holiday meeting. To include FJHRA and Dunlop Saloon Car Cup grids, plus AMOC.

Old 29 Aug 2020, 14:15 (Ref:3998688)   #16
kickstart
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cheshire
kickstart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How annoying was planning on coming on Sunday and even persuaded my son to come with me...
Old 29 Aug 2020, 19:32 (Ref:3998788)   #17
Colin Parkinson
Rookie

England
Halifax 'Oop North'
Colin Parkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Delta, it is all a bit ambiguous and it's a long way to come on the off chance. someone did say they were available on the gate, but I cannot confirm that now. But thanks for checking it out for me.

Another mate of mine is there as well and he is going to see what is what.

Colin
Old 30 Aug 2020, 07:59 (Ref:3998820)   #18
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just had my usual Sunday morning walk around the track . All very empty .So sad as itís a lovely Autumn morning .
Old 30 Aug 2020, 08:18 (Ref:3998823)   #19
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridascarracinguk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridascarracinguk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridascarracinguk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Just had my usual Sunday morning walk around the track . All very empty .So sad as itís a lovely Autumn morning .
Itís ok....il break the silence in my SRT6 soon enough :-p heading up from Middlewich before the first race, but enjoying a morning in bed with a coffee!

I expect things to get busier with a later start today

Looking at the grids there are some decent numbers out there...a couple of grids thin on the ground but Iím just glad to see putting their pride and joys on the circuit
Old 30 Aug 2020, 10:45 (Ref:3998849)   #20
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridascarracinguk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridascarracinguk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridascarracinguk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
ERRRRRR Edit.....we just arrived and itís the busiest weíve seen the gold cup in years!!!!!
Old 30 Aug 2020, 21:17 (Ref:3999110)   #21
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Well that was a very plesant day. Some really good racing and what the smaller grids lacked in quantity they made up for in quality.

The R32/ Vectra battle was really nice...Iíd forgotten how loud/ quick they were! The Araura race has some lovely F2 cars in and the thunder sport race.....I do love those chevrons

Iím just thankful owners are willing to put on a show under the circumstances

More of the same tomorrow please
Old 31 Aug 2020, 05:38 (Ref:3999149)   #22
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Yes agree . Itís been a nice clubbie meeting . Mind you Iíve been blooming cold a night in the back of Delta truck .
Old 31 Aug 2020, 07:22 (Ref:3999157)   #23
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Yes agree . Itís been a nice clubbie meeting . Mind you Iíve been blooming cold a night in the back of Delta truck .
Haha yeh I donít envy you, as Iím sat here in my duvet with my second coffee of the day :-p

Iím sure you wonít mind the trade off later on lol
Old 31 Aug 2020, 16:04 (Ref:3999255)   #24
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sorry to see Iain's weekend doesn't seem to have got much better.....after a non-finish yesterday with only a few laps on the board, today non-classified with only 6 laps completed...... At least the weather was good
Old 31 Aug 2020, 17:38 (Ref:3999276)   #25
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice has a real shot at the championship!coppice has a real shot at the championship!coppice has a real shot at the championship!coppice has a real shot at the championship!coppice has a real shot at the championship!
A curate's egg. I left before the 60 minute Jag race (which should obviously have been the last race) , enjoyed FF1600 (shame about red flags )and Historic saloons but God help us - 8 cars for the Supertourer race , with half of field retiring ...

At least any day is a good one if it has B16 content .

Catering - for F3/GT lots of places . Today - a queue for cafe and one van on infield. Good crowd, so why I wonder ?
Old 31 Aug 2020, 20:03 (Ref:3999301)   #26
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
A curate's egg. I left before the 60 minute Jag race (which should obviously have been the last race) , enjoyed FF1600 (shame about red flags )and Historic saloons but God help us - 8 cars for the Supertourer race , with half of field retiring ...

At least any day is a good one if it has B16 content .

Catering - for F3/GT lots of places . Today - a queue for cafe and one van on infield. Good crowd, so why I wonder ?
The battle for the field in the jag race was pretty solid and the formula ford and touring car races after were some of the best of the weekend,

I think this weekend is best described as Ďpleasantí.

Not the best grids, not the best racing, but it was sunny, there was some good racing, sat in a field surrounded by loads of nice cars and people....

...in the context of 2020 it gets a big thumbs up from me.
Old 31 Aug 2020, 21:59 (Ref:3999316)   #27
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Couple of good days and hopefully some decent photos. Disappointing grids for Aurora and Touring Cars especially as these might be seen as among the headline acts, but FF delivered as usual. Nevertheless, in the current circumstances, the fact the event ran at all is down to a lot of pragmatism and hard work by the MSV folk. Found a couple of new angles for me that I have not really explored before with the camera - outside of Lodge and Deer Leap into start finish. Not sure that Lotus Cortinas should be bounced off kerbs, but should make good action photos.
Old 1 Sep 2020, 07:07 (Ref:3999357)   #28
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice has a real shot at the championship!coppice has a real shot at the championship!coppice has a real shot at the championship!coppice has a real shot at the championship!coppice has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
The battle for the field in the jag race was pretty solid and the formula ford and touring car races after were some of the best of the weekend,

I think this weekend is best described as Ďpleasantí.

Not the best grids, not the best racing, but it was sunny, there was some good racing, sat in a field surrounded by loads of nice cars and people....

...in the context of 2020 it gets a big thumbs up from me.

Oh me too , of course. But I came home thinking how much more I'd enjoyed last weekend's VSCC Mallory . Timetable always a problem - Sunday had the races which most appealed , but the inevitable late start and very late finish do not suit me.

Still, HSCC Cadwell soon - one of my very favourites
Old 1 Sep 2020, 11:53 (Ref:3999410)   #29
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If it hadn't been only my second meeting of 2020 I would have been very disappointed with the racing.
Highlight of our weekend was Michael Lyons taking over the Lenham in the Guards trophy. Guess which tourer will break next on Monday kept us awake.

I would like to say MSV did a great job with their social distancing plans for the toilet blocks and the resturant/bar, shame so many spectators and especially car club members ignored the 'normal' SD rules.

Donington and Mallory left in my motorsport season.
Old 1 Sep 2020, 14:02 (Ref:3999451)   #30
retrognome
Racer

retrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Difficult not to enjoy Oulton Park, even without my usual tabbard. especially when the sun shines. Great old style club atmosphere.Images copyright Peter Baker
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5865.JPG   IMG_5866.JPG   IMG_5876.JPG  

IMG_5883.JPG