Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 14 Sep 2020, 09:49 (Ref:4002413)   #871
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

England
Mallory Park
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A thought from Darley Moor yesterday, myself as Steward, the 2 Scrutineers & the Secretary of the Meeting along with the 35 Competitors and their teams as of today have to wear full PPE at all times etc etc under MUK rules. The Marshals, Bikers and the 1000 or so spectators dont because they come under the ACU who haven't gone down the harsher route yet - the times we live in eh?
Old 17 Sep 2020, 08:14 (Ref:4002951)   #872
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Silverstone website now showing British GT, HSCC Finals, Birkett and Walter Hayes all closed to spectators.

Other events are available on most of those weekends.
Old 17 Sep 2020, 08:26 (Ref:4002957)   #873
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Although if you buy a ticket for the Silverstone Experience you can stand on the Luffield Bank and spectate according to a mail they issued. It only applies for the next three weeks so no Hayes etc.
Old 17 Sep 2020, 08:29 (Ref:4002959)   #874
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I had thought about that ... but they might get suspicious about the monopod, the big zoom lens, the winter coat ... :-)
Old 17 Sep 2020, 21:07 (Ref:4003270)   #875
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm more disappointed at them running the WHT behind closed doors, but as per the British GT thread in the Sportscar section, there may be hope for the GT meeting - we can but hope.
https://twitter.com/BritishGT/status...92069641592832

This may be the first year in more than I care to think about that I haven't been to a meeting at Silverstone.
Old 17 Sep 2020, 21:56 (Ref:4003298)   #876
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I see MSA have issued further guidance today which rows back slightly from their "wear a mask at all times" dictat......

https://mcusercontent.com/512543ca0c...eid=064ea355cf
Old 19 Sep 2020, 22:37 (Ref:4004402)   #877
hoffman66
Racer

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do not really understand Silverstone being so closed shop when other tracks are not.

Their loss, but lets face it, the place would be soulless with 10000 people in it as much as none!
Old 20 Sep 2020, 09:16 (Ref:4004766)   #878
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
I wonder why Silverstone is closed too. Do they have enough money that it doesn't really matter?

I do like Silverstone, it's got a great atmosphere and it's better than many other circuits round the world let's face it
Old 20 Sep 2020, 18:34 (Ref:4005142)   #879
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't agree with you there. Silverstone has all the appeal of a prison camp built on an industrial estate for me. The place has resolutely trampled over all its history and heritage for the sake of the monster spawned by Ecclestone and in do doing has destroyed the place I once loved. I go there to see great cars but always with a heavy heart.
Old 21 Sep 2020, 08:16 (Ref:4005276)   #880
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, the wing and the new bit of the GP circuit have done nothing to improve what was a decent track.

Last edited by morninggents; 21 Sep 2020 at 08:37.
Old 21 Sep 2020, 08:24 (Ref:4005278)   #881
Moneyseeker
Subscriber
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Crow View Post
Can't agree with you there. Silverstone has all the appeal of a prison camp built on an industrial estate for me. The place has resolutely trampled over all its history and heritage for the sake of the monster spawned by Ecclestone and in do doing has destroyed the place I once loved. I go there to see great cars but always with a heavy heart.
Has been described thus 'as welcoming as a cornered ferrit...'

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Old 21 Sep 2020, 21:09 (Ref:4005450)   #882
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
common sense seems to be prevailing both among the Kart & Bike communities.
Goodness, didn't think things were that drastic!
Old 21 Sep 2020, 21:11 (Ref:4005452)   #883
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Donít worry, things will calm down before you know it
Old 21 Sep 2020, 21:19 (Ref:4005461)   #884
Moneyseeker
Subscriber
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Not strictly motorsport, but the NEC Classic Car Show has been cancelled this year, as has the Regent Street Motor Show, both November events.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Old 21 Sep 2020, 23:04 (Ref:4005476)   #885
S griffin
Veteran

Thatís a shame, both are great classic events, but no surprise either. Hope all the effort is put on to make sure the events happen in 2021