Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 6 Apr 2011, 11:41 (Ref:2859614)   #1
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
NASCAR Cup Round 7: Samsung Mobile 500, Texas Motor Speedway

Entry list at Jayski. 45 cars entered, including Brian Keselowski and David Starr (hoping to make his maiden Cup start).

This will be the 21st visit by the Sprint Cup Series to TMS and from 2006-2010 a typical Texas race had 22.0 lead changes, 7.8 cautions for 36.0 laps, and an average green-flag run of 34.0 laps (stats courtesy of the Racing-Reference TMS pre-race stats page).

Jayski's Texas Race Page is a good source for everything related to the race.

Note that this is a night race. Pre-race coverage starts Saturday at 7:00pm/ET and the green flag is approx set to drop at 7:45pm/ET.

My pick is that Carl Edwards and Jimmie Johnson will be fighting for the win towards the end of the race - only to be passed by Kevin Harvick who AGAIN pops out of more or less nowhere with 10 laps to go
Old 6 Apr 2011, 20:42 (Ref:2859874)   #2
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's 44 now. K Automotive is not expected to show up.
Old 7 Apr 2011, 09:04 (Ref:2860068)   #3
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah just saw it on the entry list. Not all that surprised to see that to be honest.

Not sure if the entry for David Starr is meant to be a s/p one, but in any case I hope he gets in so he at least gets to start his first Cup race.
Old 7 Apr 2011, 14:08 (Ref:2860185)   #4
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
I'm hoping they don't S&P. Since they're running a few races, I can't see why they'd enter 5 races this year just to not run the distance.
Old 7 Apr 2011, 16:15 (Ref:2860227)   #5
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I am looking forward to a night race, first of the year for the Cup series, I believe. Looks like it will be pretty warm in the day time, with the race starting just before sunset, creating the ever changing track conditions through the race.
Old 9 Apr 2011, 23:47 (Ref:2861077)   #6
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As they say in Texas, "Fixin' to go Green!"

Good for David Regan, the Unidilla Guerrilla, on his first pole, but I look for him to drop like a rock. Hope he doesn't....

How they roll(ed) off:
Lineup

I am thinking Carl will sweep....
Old 9 Apr 2011, 23:46 (Ref:2861075)   #7
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Time to go green at the fastest track in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. The last time they were there the Jeffs got in a fight and Rowdy saluted a NASCAR official. Will there be more fun times in Texas? We're about to find out!

Oh, and Ragan's UPS Ford looks awesome tonight - I wish they'd use that paint scheme all the time.
Old 10 Apr 2011, 00:21 (Ref:2861080)   #8
BOY BLUNDER
Veteran

England
margate
BOY BLUNDER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Evening all .

BB....
Old 10 Apr 2011, 00:27 (Ref:2861081)   #9
BOY BLUNDER
Veteran

England
margate
caution out .

BB....
Old 10 Apr 2011, 00:43 (Ref:2861083)   #10
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Good evening BB. I have seen Digger, btw.

Race has been pretty clean thus far...on the track. Pit road has been nuts!

Stuff always starts going down once the lights come on and the sun shines no more light on the circuit.
Old 10 Apr 2011, 00:51 (Ref:2861087)   #11
BOY BLUNDER
Veteran

England
margate
MK looks to have a quick car tonight,and i aint seen digger yet,

BB....
Old 10 Apr 2011, 00:52 (Ref:2861089)   #12
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Would be great to see Ragan pull it off, since he's been very fast all year without the finishes to show for it. Also, Ambrose, AJ, and Keselowski are running well too.

I'm hoping for a new face in VL tonight.
Old 10 Apr 2011, 00:56 (Ref:2861090)   #13
BOY BLUNDER
Veteran

England
margate
Tyre beads going on the front right again.

BB....
Old 10 Apr 2011, 01:30 (Ref:2861095)   #14
BOY BLUNDER
Veteran

England
margate
Yea there's digger :-)

BB....
Old 10 Apr 2011, 02:42 (Ref:2861104)   #15
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
With 50 laps to go, Kenseth and Bowyer are out front as they have been all evening.
Old 10 Apr 2011, 03:17 (Ref:2861105)   #16
Senninha24
Rookie

United States
London, UK
Senninha24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, ill take that. I came in to this with my usual's (24,5), but last week's run for Jr got me in a drought-killing mood...so I figured I wouldnt mind seeing the 88 or the 17 win again.

Solid, strong performance, all race long, well done Matt.

I'm very pleased with this season, it's provided us with a variety of race types, all entertaining to me and very competitive (and it's always good to get to races 6-7 without JJ already notching in a win!). I'm really glad to be back following NASCAR week-in-week-out.

Also impressed with Menard, never thought it would happen but he's turned into a solid driver. I have to say though you'd be hard-pressed to not see RCR make things work - just a legend really.

14 could have made things interesting, how did he blow such a perfect oppurtunity with that penalty! (then ran out anyway...) Disappointed for Jeff and Mark of course.

Well, Talladega, see you next week!
Old 10 Apr 2011, 03:26 (Ref:2861107)   #17
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Only in Texas do you get to fire off a couple of six-shooters in Victory Lane. Love it!

Congrats to Matt.
Old 10 Apr 2011, 06:32 (Ref:2861132)   #18
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Dozed off about one third into the race but just finished watching it now. Congrats to Kenseth, snapping his winless streak.

Also, I'm glad to see Truex Jr. walk away from another hard crash, his luck has been absolutely rotten the past couple of races. I was a tad disgusted hearing the commentators sucking up to Harvick as much as they did though, "Oh, yeah, there might have been the tiniest bit of contact. Maybe. Perhaps." Sure I don't think it was intentional and as Truex Jr. said he had to check up when the #2 slowed, but still, the very first real-time replay showed without a shadow of a doubt that Harvick triggered that melee.

Anyway, have to agree with Senninha24 that this season is turning into a really good one and it's great to already have a first time winner and a couple of droughts coming to an end - I almost expected this year to be all Johnson/Hamlin/Kyle Busch, which certainly hasn't happened.

Now bring on the Indian Burial Ground Int'l Speedway, I'm already super-excited - can't wait!
Old 10 Apr 2011, 13:19 (Ref:2861346)   #19
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
I was a tad disgusted hearing the commentators sucking up to Harvick as much as they did though, "Oh, yeah, there might have been the tiniest bit of contact. Maybe. Perhaps." Sure I don't think it was intentional and as Truex Jr. said he had to check up when the #2 slowed, but still, the very first real-time replay showed without a shadow of a doubt that Harvick triggered that melee.
I also recall later in the race hearing "rough night for Harvick," (which it was) "and the Truex Jr wreck" in the same breath and thought the same thing. Granted, I still feel it was one of them "racin' deals", but Truex's and Mark Martin's was a little more rough, don't you think DW?

Carl Edwards now the points leader....
Old 10 Apr 2011, 08:48 (Ref:2861159)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Awesome year so far!
Old 11 Apr 2011, 04:25 (Ref:2861671)   #21
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Enjoyed the race, tho that is easier when the #9 is running strong - 2 top 6 finishes in 7 races (pity about the 3 30 place finishes)...
Has been a good season so far, think the new points system was a good move too...

Congrats to Matt Kenseth on the race win