Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 2 Sep 2011, 00:03 (Ref:2949701)   #1
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
NASCAR Cup Round 25: AdvoCare 500, Atlanta Motor Speedway

Jayski

Labor Day weekend marks the unofficial end of Summer, start of the college football season, opening weekend for shooting animals of some sort and (now) the only NASCAR race in my home state.

Going to take my 5 year old son to his first NASCAR event, and my first NASCAR race at AMS, so it should be interesting. Hadn't rained at my house in months and looking like a chance of showers Sunday and Monday; that's the way she rolls these days.

And yes, JHamilton, Geoffrey Bodine still holds the track record at 197.478.
Old 2 Sep 2011, 01:46 (Ref:2949719)   #2
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He was just Geoff back then.
Have fun man!!
Old 2 Sep 2011, 13:23 (Ref:2949880)   #3
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Going to take my 5 year old son to his first NASCAR event, and my first NASCAR race at AMS, so it should be interesting. Hadn't rained at my house in months and looking like a chance of showers Sunday and Monday; that's the way she rolls these days
With everything going on in the ATL this weekend, you better start your trip on Saturday!

Hope you and your son have a good time. See you at Petit!
Old 2 Sep 2011, 14:37 (Ref:2949912)   #4
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Also, if Brad Kyle Busch, Keselowski, Paul Menard or Marcos Ambrose win the race, they get US$ 1 million as part of the Sprint Summer Showdown.
Old 2 Sep 2011, 17:42 (Ref:2950002)   #5
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not only did I forget to mention the million dollar possibilities, I neglected to mention that Lynyrd Skynyrd is playing before the start of the race. With that and a Cup series crowd, my son may go into red neck shock.
Old 4 Sep 2011, 03:20 (Ref:2950562)   #6
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Kasey Kahne grabs the pole, which is great because I've got pit passes courtesy of Red Bull racing. I hope to be able to stick around in the pits as long as I can with a five year old; wish me luck.

Lineup
Old 4 Sep 2011, 13:01 (Ref:2950684)   #7
HJJ
Veteran

United States
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Outer bands of rain from TS Lee now reaching the Atlanta area, rain is 50% today. 90% tomorrow. Good luck!
Old 4 Sep 2011, 13:17 (Ref:2950688)   #8
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
Outer bands of rain from TS Lee now reaching the Atlanta area, rain is 50% today. 90% tomorrow. Good luck!
Yep...just saw that there is the best chance of rain where I'll be in 2 months today; perfect.

Oh well, there are worse things in life than spending the day in the paddock at the racetrack with your son, rain or shine. Just give the boy 10-15 minutes of Green Flag action before it gets too late, that's all I ask.
Old 5 Sep 2011, 02:14 (Ref:2950932)   #9
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Rain and more rain. Race postponed to Tuesday, at 11 am as the rain is supposed to hang out all day tomorrow. It's actually perfect as my son has that day off from school and would have only been able to watch a little of the race this evening anyways. This of course if it doesn't rain Tuesday as well.

Just got home and don't think it was a wasted trip at all; got to see the King and Skynyrd.
Old 5 Sep 2011, 04:31 (Ref:2950946)   #10
f1toy
Racer

f1toy is a back marker
if its on its going to be good.
a whole diff track than they setup for.
Old 5 Sep 2011, 15:32 (Ref:2951247)   #11
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Just got home and don't think it was a wasted trip at all; got to see the King and Skynyrd.

I have doubts about Tuesday. 60% chance. Wednesday looks good. I would hope Nascar would schedule a 30 minute warm-up session when they do go racing.
Old 5 Sep 2011, 18:14 (Ref:2951293)   #12
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
I would hope Nascar would schedule a 30 minute warm-up session when they do go racing.
They'll probably just do a competition caution...
Old 7 Sep 2011, 05:52 (Ref:2952000)   #13
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pretty good race overall with an absolutely epic finish. Totally worth the wait
Old 7 Sep 2011, 13:34 (Ref:2952215)   #14
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
Pretty good race overall with an absolutely epic finish. Totally worth the wait
It was an awesome, untainted, good, hard, exciting and fantastic finish, even though the 24 took it. But even with, being at the track on the first cool day I've felt in 4 months with my son 20 rows up right at start/finish was enough to where I couldn't care less who won. It was an awesome experience that I will not soon forget, and hope it will be stuck in my son's memory for sometime.

Sucks for folks that couldn't make it on Tuesday, but it could not have worked out better for me!

I'll try and share some pictures at some point...my four day weekend has set me back a bit.
Old 7 Sep 2011, 14:46 (Ref:2952246)   #15
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's awesome, glad everything worked out for you and the little guy. He will soon be the newest member of the Turn 4 Friends.
Old 7 Sep 2011, 21:48 (Ref:2952423)   #16
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I didn't think Gordon stood a chance against Johnson in the last few laps there.

He won though! I underestimated the Gordon magic. Great finish to that race.
Old 8 Sep 2011, 11:20 (Ref:2952629)   #17
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great sideways action at the end - congrats Jeff Gorvette on the 85th career win
Marcos Ambrose - that paint job was slow ... Be good if AJ won next up & snuck into the chase
Old 9 Sep 2011, 02:53 (Ref:2953003)   #18
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
So, I finally got some videos uploaded; not the greatest quality but none the less, here they are are:

Random Restart:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P-d9V-rnU8

Last 3 laps as me and the boy saw it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bB1lk6fnoc

Gotta say that it was awesome!