Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 27 Jan 2021, 07:05 (Ref:4031411)   #76
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Meanwhile GRM have been on the 'phone back to France querying their brake rotor explosion.

Methinks the Europeans go through more sets of pads and rotors per race weekend than Mr Rogers is prepared to pay for...
Old 27 Jan 2021, 09:54 (Ref:4031439)   #77
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
Doing things on the skimp?

Did I not say Garry Rogers was a weekend warrior on the ARG thread?

Everyone from supercars except 888, WAU, Tickford, and Dick should come over as TCR is their level atm. Even Dick if he hadn't had the benefit of 6 years with Penske.

Contrary to my opinion that the Kelly's aren't a respected and popular team, therefore are not a drawcard for TCR. Otherwise this is their range if they improve.
Old 27 Jan 2021, 10:10 (Ref:4031443)   #78
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The level TCR is at right now is between club level and GT.

The inaugural series winner didn't stick around to defend his title.

The front runners are either youngsters trying to prove themselves or cast offs or cameos from Supercars. It doesn't flatter the class when someone blows in with no prep and plonks it 1st straight off the bat.

I love seeing guys like O'Keeffe and Cox. Good to see them against guys whose performance I can benchmark.

But if you think the competition ranks even with Super2, you're kidding yourself.

If the teams and drivers you want turned up, the current crowd wouldn't get a look in.

I hope more credentialled stars can run up more than one start so we can see what they are capable of, and elevate the current competition.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Old 27 Jan 2021, 11:09 (Ref:4031455)   #79
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
Oh no. Just because you take yourself seriously and have more money, doesn't mean you're better.

I'm not even talking about the drivers.

All those other teams except for the 4 that I mentioned are competing at a level higher than where they are atm. They're all lightweights, it's just they operate in a bigger economy.

BJR - Country battlers when they started, who are still country battlers after 20 years racing in a supposed professional competition. They only reason why they're oin supercars is off the back of their record in Super touring (2x champ)

Erebus - Klimenko is an outer suburban mum on centrelink payments. Except I don't think she's a mum and she has a billion dollars. Someone who just liked what she saw on tv.

& Ryan. Try hard who just yells at people because that's what he think professional team owners do.

Jono Webb - Bathurst winning weekend warrior.

Schwerkolt - Theatregoer.

Kelly's - Plodders with an ego to win 8 F1 championships, but without the spine to go for it like other rich kids and found a soft underbelly in the supercars scene. A cheap imitation of the Stoll's.

Blanchard - Weekend warrior.

Matt Stone - Doing because his dad & uncle did it. He's not going to get anywhere in supercars and should just quit while he's behind.

They should all come over to TCR. It's where they belong.

It may appear bad because Holdsworth won a race in his first go. But you'd like to think he learnt a thing or two along the way and that 15 years of supercars racing has some impact on a driver's skill and confidence at national level.

Will Brown is a millennial David Mackay. One and done!

Last edited by 2 litre Touring Car Star; 27 Jan 2021 at 11:16.
Old 27 Jan 2021, 19:04 (Ref:4031536)   #80
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
LOL Jesus.
Old 27 Jan 2021, 23:14 (Ref:4031578)   #81
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 litre Touring Car Star View Post
Oh no. Just because you take yourself seriously and have more money, doesn't mean you're better.

All those other teams except for the 4 that I mentioned are competing at a level higher than where they are atm. They're all lightweights, it's just they operate in a bigger economy.

BJR - Country battlers when they started, who are still country battlers after 20 years racing in a supposed professional competition. They only reason why they're oin supercars is off the back of their record in Super touring (2x champ)

Erebus - Klimenko is an outer suburban mum on centrelink payments. Except I don't think she's a mum and she has a billion dollars. Someone who just liked what she saw on tv.

& Ryan. Try hard who just yells at people because that's what he think professional team owners do.

Kelly's - Plodders with an ego to win 8 F1 championships, but without the spine to go for it like other rich kids and found a soft underbelly in the supercars scene. A cheap imitation of the Stoll's.

Matt Stone - Doing because his dad & uncle did it. He's not going to get anywhere in supercars and should just quit while he's behind.

It may appear bad because Holdsworth won a race in his first go. But you'd like to think he learnt a thing or two along the way and that 15 years of supercars racing has some impact on a driver's skill and confidence at national level.

A surprisingly accurate assessment.......
Old 28 Jan 2021, 01:33 (Ref:4031591)   #82
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
A surprisingly accurate assessment.......
Actually it's a straw man and ad hominem attacks..

Whatever insults you want to throw at the teams they would raise the level of TCR if any of them joined.

Don't forget MSR was one of the teams ARG contracted to run "Bright's" VW team.

Old 28 Jan 2021, 02:53 (Ref:4031596)   #83
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Actually it's a straw man and ad hominem attacks..

Whatever insults you want to throw at the teams they would raise the level of TCR if any of them joined.

Don't forget MSR was one of the teams ARG contracted to run "Bright's" VW team.

Absolutely would raise the level, no disagreement there.

But racing at a higher level does not automatically make a team better than the teams in lower categories.
Old 28 Jan 2021, 03:24 (Ref:4031601)   #84
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Now there's a nickname to use..... F'n Charlie had no real ring to it.
Old 28 Jan 2021, 04:43 (Ref:4031605)   #85
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WOAH, Tell us what you really think , Jeepers !
Old 28 Jan 2021, 05:31 (Ref:4031607)   #86
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Early nomination for post of the year.
Old 28 Jan 2021, 08:41 (Ref:4031624)   #87
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

The inaugural series winner didn't stick around to defend his title.
He did stick around, had 2020 happened

Quote:

Isn’t that exactly what 2-litre TCS is advocating? Them going to TCR?
Old 28 Jan 2021, 08:59 (Ref:4031629)   #88
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
He did stick around, had 2020 happened

Isn’t that exactly what 2-litre TCS is advocating? Them going to TCR?
No he is trying to say that existing TCR outfits are superior to all of them....

Old 28 Jan 2021, 18:45 (Ref:4031728)   #89
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's funny, Holdsworth apparently was just an average Supercar driver, except for his excellent results in a Mustang which we are told to ignore, ironically because the series stuffed up parity on a gargantuan level. They're the professionals though...

TCR and Supercars are both clown shows. TCR is in its infancy though, what's Supercars excuse?
Old 28 Jan 2021, 21:16 (Ref:4031747)   #90
Mixer
Veteran

If by excellent performances you mean "beating people in Commodores" sure.

But he consistently held the rear of the Mustang group. No remarkable performances even when the Mustang was hugely out of whack.

Old 29 Jan 2021, 00:37 (Ref:4031770)   #91
Mixer
Veteran

Politicking has started, Honda complaining about BoP:

Quote:
“Basically, to see the Hondas at the back of the field shows to me the BoP needs adjusting and it can’t come soon enough,” emphasised D’Alberto.
https://autoaction.com.au/2021/01/29...4qAuQg0rVrFd8Y
Old 29 Jan 2021, 01:19 (Ref:4031775)   #92
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Politicking has started, Honda complaining about BoP:

https://autoaction.com.au/2021/01/29...4qAuQg0rVrFd8Y
A second well-funded Honda team would show if its the team or the car... when you have one preparer, its hard to understand if there is more work that could be done rather than asking for an adjustment.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 29 Jan 2021, 01:25 (Ref:4031776)   #93
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
A second well-funded Honda team would show if its the team or the car... when you have one preparer, its hard to understand if there is more work that could be done rather than asking for an adjustment.
10km/h down the chute might suggest engine but the Walls also chewed tyres due to setup in the past...

Old 29 Jan 2021, 01:42 (Ref:4031781)   #94
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
10km/h down the chute might suggest engine but the Walls also chewed tyres due to setup in the past...

I thought Mr D'Alberto suggesting he was looking forward to Phillip Island was interesting given the reported straight line handling issue...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 29 Jan 2021, 01:51 (Ref:4031784)   #95
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
A second well-funded Honda team would show if its the team or the car...
If only Nissan had done the same with their Supercar program......
Old 29 Jan 2021, 02:00 (Ref:4031787)   #96
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
If only Nissan had done the same with their Supercar program......
It's a little different when you just buy the Tonka toy and plonk it on the track.

But the Walls are JAS agent right?

Old 30 Jan 2021, 10:43 (Ref:4031998)   #97
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
Delusional, entitled chumps like DAlberto are annoying.

Quote:
It’s not generally the strength of the Honda in a straight line, we get our advantages in different places and coming to a track like this where it’s basically drag strips, we always knew it’d be an uphill battle, but not this much
Quote:
It is disappointing, you can’t really skirt around the issue. It’s disappointing to come here, with all expectations to compete
Which one is it?

Quote:
“How do you fight with that?
You don't. You play the long game and do the best you can under the circumstances.

Quote:
I think Phillip Island will be better for us.
Except Dylan O'Keefe in an Alfa took pole and won 2 of the 3 races at PI two years ago.

Quote:
Whether that means our car getting help or pulling back some others. I don’t know the formula, but they need to even it up so every manufacturer in the field, if the team and driver do a good job, have a chance of winning the race
The guy's an airhead. Doesn't know the rules or the game of TCR.

How are you going to get 15+ drivers/teams to have an even chance of winning the race? It's hardly Fernando Alonso at McLaren.

Getting back to Holdsworth. 15 years of mediocrity. Having never won a race at amateur/national level, but he thought he was good for a "professional contract" in supercars, and Garry Rogers took him on? When. or what did he think could happen to turn around his form?

Jesus, Lee must be pretty good at sweeping the floors at GRM and doing overtime at under award rates.

Last edited by 2 litre Touring Car Star; 30 Jan 2021 at 10:55.
Old 30 Jan 2021, 18:41 (Ref:4032114)   #98
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Which one is it?

You don't. You play the long game and do the best you can under the circumstances.
I don't follow. JAS know how to build a front-wheel-drive race car, they have been doing it for 25+ years. Obviously JAS have made the Civic handle too well, so the BOP process has taken too much horsepower away from the car, which hurts at a power track like Symmons Plains.

ARG have the ability to do local adjustments, so a bit more boost for the Civic and a bit less boost for the Giulietta should do the trick to tighten up the field.

Last edited by V8 Fireworks; 30 Jan 2021 at 18:51.
Old 31 Jan 2021, 00:05 (Ref:4032265)   #99
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
I don't follow.
Dare I say that the point of BoP is that over the course of a season, each car has a sporting chance to get good results. Not necessarily the next race, which D'Alberto I think is wanting.

I mean for an F1 car, PI is a tight, twisty circuit where aero is the key performance component. But for a TCR, PI is still a power circuit like Monza and the old Hockenheim. So his wishes are premature imo.
Old 1 Feb 2021, 01:21 (Ref:4032722)   #100
GROUPA
Racer

GROUPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Which one is it?

Except Dylan O'Keefe in an Alfa took pole and won 2 of the 3 races at PI two years ago.

The guy's an airhead. Doesn't know the rules or the game of TCR.

How are you going to get 15+ drivers/teams to have an even chance of winning the race? It's hardly Fernando Alonso at McLaren.

Getting back to Holdsworth. 15 years of mediocrity. Having never won a race at amateur/national level, but he thought he was good for a "professional contract" in supercars, and Garry Rogers took him on? When. or what did he think could happen to turn around his form?

Jesus, Lee must be pretty good at sweeping the floors at GRM and doing overtime at under award rates.
Very accurate on Holdsworth - perhaps GRM recruited the wrong Holdsworth at least he won a Championship