Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 May 2021, 14:20 (Ref:4053152)   #1
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Max Mosley

Today, Max Mosely dies aged 81.
Old 24 May 2021, 14:37 (Ref:4053158)   #2
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
An interesting life and without a doubt he played a big part in this sport.

Rip.
Old 24 May 2021, 14:46 (Ref:4053159)   #3
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
R.I.P. He had a massive input regarding F1, as a co-owner of March Engineering, a representative of the Formula One Constructors' Association (FOCA) and later as President of the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile.
Old 24 May 2021, 14:47 (Ref:4053160)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sad to hear.
Old 24 May 2021, 14:50 (Ref:4053163)   #5
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Very sad. F1 is a better place thanks to his involvement at all levels.
Certainly he had an interesting life

RIP Max Mosely.
Old 24 May 2021, 17:27 (Ref:4053206)   #6
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Despite his controversies, he did a lot for the sport, particularly on safety. Some things he introduced like grooved tyres I really hated, but you can tell he tried to do what was in the best interests of the sport. He’s leaves behind a good legacy and I wonder what the first thing he will discuss up there with Monseur Balestre?

RIP Max
Old 25 May 2021, 03:20 (Ref:4053262)   #7
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
RIP - didn't agree with his approach on all things but I long and wide contribution to the sport that we all love & a breath of fresh air after M Balestre.
Old 25 May 2021, 09:54 (Ref:4053293)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, RIP to a man who did a great deal for the sport, even if there were things that some of us might have disagreed with. The fact that he ousted a man who I detested went greatly in his favour.....
Old 25 May 2021, 12:41 (Ref:4053313)   #9
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Let’s not forget too he helped found the great March and was a decent driver, albeit not a great one, in his youth
Old 25 May 2021, 16:34 (Ref:4053342)   #10
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
R.I.P.

Big influence on modern F1.
Old 27 May 2021, 17:58 (Ref:4053582)   #11
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Sad to hear.
Not in the least. He was a loathsome man holding repugnant views and F1 owes him nothing. Good riddance.
Old 27 May 2021, 22:07 (Ref:4053611)   #12
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Aspects of his life may be controversial or not to everyone taste but but what he did for motorsport can't be overlooked
Old 28 May 2021, 00:49 (Ref:4053615)   #13
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkione View Post
Not in the least. He was a loathsome man holding repugnant views and F1 owes him nothing. Good riddance.
exactly; wasn't it he who allowed the dwarf to milk F1 of close to a billion pounds? Always wondered how much his cut was...
Old 28 May 2021, 01:04 (Ref:4053616)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkione View Post
Sorry you feel that way at this point and feel you need to rubbish my simple post.

It is sad, he is a person.

He has no influence on F1 now, so “good riddance” makes no difference and it just comes across as uncaring.

My response that it is sad is appropriate and makes no reference to his politics, what he did to the sport (good or bad), or anything else.

I stand by my post and that I considered the loss of human life as what I should respond and to leave out other stuff. I understand that he had been ill for sometime. Which is also sad.

I feel it is also sad that I’ve been dragged into something more than simply expressing this and showing some decorum and empathy in a public forum. It is now something way more than the original post. Which is sad at this point.
Old 28 May 2021, 08:20 (Ref:4053639)   #15
S griffin
Veteran

Exactly. I didn't agree with everything Max did, but that doesn't make him a bad person, just someone who had a different opinion from me and others. And even if you didn't think he did much for F1, still it's sad for him and his family that's he gone. As you say Adam he has long since been out of F1, so there's no need for people to say 'good riddance'. He should be left to rest in peace
Old 28 May 2021, 12:48 (Ref:4053662)   #16
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
so there's no need for people to say 'good riddance'.
I think comments like that speaks more about those with that attitude than Mr. Mosley's well known pros and cons. It was quite the crass post.

Richard
Old 28 May 2021, 15:10 (Ref:4053676)   #17
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
There is plenty of opportunity to talk about the life and times of Max Mosley especially here on 10-10ths. I hope we can have a good discussion on this in the future. Hopefully it will be civil!

Points been made about the post. Let’s not derail the thread on etiquette.

There are, as often happens, two threads on this. The other being in tributes. At some point maybe we merge them into one and there will be a more suitable thread for a discussion on Max’s influence on the sport.