Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 19 May 2019, 22:29 (Ref:3904762)   #1
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Threat to Mount Panorama Expansion

Possible threat to the proposed karting track.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-...toush/11113414
Old 20 May 2019, 00:01 (Ref:3904772)   #2
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If they can't find any evidence to back up the claim, then apologise and send them on their merry way. It's pretty clear cut from the guidelines I have to follow with my work, that if any investigation doesn't find any evidence, then permission is granted or we're asked to adjust the plan if possible just to avoid the area.

I've got nothing against protecting what is sacred to them, I just feel the line needs to be draw at some point and everything needs clear evidence, not hear-say.

I mean, what next, concerned as to who'll next claim such rights in this country and we'll protecting the most stupid things, like a wall Justin Bieber graffiti-ed on the Gold Coast...
Old 24 May 2019, 04:16 (Ref:3905442)   #3
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur View Post
I've got nothing against protecting what is sacred to them, I just feel the line needs to be draw at some point and everything needs clear evidence, not hear-say.
Funny how these things always come up after someone plans to build something.
Old 24 May 2019, 08:15 (Ref:3905467)   #4
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Funny how these things always come up after someone plans to build something.
Not that I entirely disagree with you, but how else would they be brought up?
Old 24 May 2019, 08:48 (Ref:3905472)   #5
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think that it's a sacred site, implies that its location is not meant to be widely known.

However, I'd have thought the council would or should have been made aware of such a location, and its cultural significance.
Old 27 May 2019, 02:23 (Ref:3906224)   #6
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In Victoria there's map overlays that the government set up to show areas where there may be something. So the council would have been aware if such a database exists in NSW.

But as with the sites in Victoria, you have to investigate first to actually see if something exists as sometimes it might just be a tree or rock or something else in one location, whilst the work you want to do is in the complete opposite direction or location in the area.
Old 27 May 2019, 05:04 (Ref:3906243)   #7
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Doesn't look very professional when someone hasn't done their due diligence
Old 27 May 2019, 05:06 (Ref:3906244)   #8
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If you read the article the NSW govt has a staffer who is from the tribe in question and looks after such thing, and she has never heard of this so called sacred area.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Old 27 May 2019, 07:10 (Ref:3906257)   #9
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post
Doesn't look very professional when someone hasn't done their due diligence
Plenty of that has been done.
The local Indigenous representative body has been extensively consulted and does not agree with the people making this claim.
Part of the approval process is a thorough examination of the area and information on the area on heritage grounds by an independent body - that body does not agree the people making this claim.
Part of the approval process is extensive community feedback and assessment - none of that process has found anyone who agrees with the people making this claim.
There are appeal processes within the approval process - the people making the claim have utilised those appeal processes and been unsuccessful.
The approval process has been going on for a number of years and has been at least partially documented in the local media all through that period.