Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 16 May 2003, 00:46 (Ref:600431)   #1
Peter S
Veteran

England
Durham
Peter S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone going to Knockhill Rallycross on May 25th?

So are any of you lot going upto Bonnie Scotland for Round 5 of the British rallycross championship on May 25th (10 days time)???????

Action starts at 9am with the first qualifying heats at 11am.

You Scottish fans will be treated to some demonstration laps from Lawrence Gibson at Knochill this weekend during the British Superbike championship round.

The supercars flying down Duffus Dip is a spectacular site, not to be missed. Well worth the trip up, and for you southerners, the next day is bank holiday monday so you can have a nice relaxing trip home!!

Last edited by Peter S; 16 May 2003 at 00:47.
Old 16 May 2003, 07:51 (Ref:600619)   #2
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Unfortunately not - there's racing at Lydden on the Monday so it's a bit too much travelling (but then again most circuits are miles from here).
Old 16 May 2003, 10:10 (Ref:600733)   #3
Alpina
Veteran

Alpina should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I plan to be there seeing as it is my local event. one of my pals does the stock hatch wrestling... I mean racing so I hope to see that.
Old 16 May 2003, 12:07 (Ref:600826)   #4
Stevie A
Racer

United Kingdom
Leicestershire
Stevie A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully....but i need to find a hotel for a night though, can't do a 700 mile round trip in a day.

I've seen British Superbikes before at Knockhill but never rallycross...it's certainly got decent facilities.

I hope the list of modified entries increases before the event (Gordon Rogers surely????). I don't ever remember a time in the past where there's been as many Supercars as Modifieds!!
Old 16 May 2003, 12:37 (Ref:600870)   #5
Peter S
Veteran

England
Durham
The entry list is still open and i will have updates as we get them. Rogers will be there as will Steve Mundy.

The numbers are disapointing again in the modified class, as people were expecting at least 30 at each round of the championship.

I really dont know what has happened to some of the expected entrys.

I will be there reporting for www.rallycross.nl, and photos as well as videos of the event will be produced with reports and all the trimmings online.

As for the hotels there is a list on www.knockhill.com (inlcuding B&B's). Dont forget it is bank holiday weekend so it will be very busy in Edinburgh
Old 16 May 2003, 13:33 (Ref:600964)   #6
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I noticed that Terry Briggs is missing from the entry list as well, does this mean that he's run out of cars (dead 6R4, disaster of a TT) or just not got around to entering yet?
Old 16 May 2003, 13:38 (Ref:600970)   #7
Peter S
Veteran

England
Durham
hehe!! I think both cars are history. I will be surprised if we see the 6R4 again! Parts for the Metro are near impossible apperently now.
Old 16 May 2003, 13:43 (Ref:600972)   #8
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
There are still a lot of rally spec 6R4's running and spares and support for them is often advertised in motorsport news - I assume that the problem is related to the fact that the rallycross cars are running more power and therfore need higher spec parts that are no longer produced/available?

I don't think the TT will be missed, I do feel sorry for Terry Briggs though, he seems to have absolutley no luck whatsoever.
Old 16 May 2003, 13:54 (Ref:600986)   #9
Peter S
Veteran

England
Durham
Yeah it is down to the higher performance parts, although bodyparts etc are now becoming expensive, as they are being produced to a limited customer base. This in turn has a notable increase on the running costs etc.

The Metros are becoming very much unreliable due to the age as well. It is difficult for them to be kept in shape as a number of them are looking very tatty. Lawrence Gibson has been wanting to change his car for a long time but nothing came available, which is why he has stuck with it.

As for TT then it was not going to work from the start as it just doesnt look like a rallycross machine. I think that will soon end up in the hands of a hill climb driver. Hopefully his son, Nick can graduate into the top class in a more modern car soon.
Old 16 May 2003, 22:59 (Ref:601483)   #10
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'll be there - my local circuit and am usually up at Knockhill once every few weeks anyway for all sorts of racing.

What is the exact Rally Cross circuit layout like for Knockhill??
Old 17 May 2003, 01:30 (Ref:601523)   #11
Peter S
Veteran

England
Durham
at bottom of Duffus dip they turn right, and then have along section on loose bringing them back on straigth leading down to the hairpin.......and i then think turn right in the little inner loop before hairpin with a right left flick back onto the straight.
Old 17 May 2003, 09:22 (Ref:601653)   #12
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thought it'd be like that, just wasn't sure of the final part. Ta