Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 24 May 2022, 16:10 (Ref:4111174)   #1
mab01UK
Veteran

mab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Look At Life - Smashing Through - 1959 Stock Car Racing

This is an awesome look at the early days of British stock car racing at Brafield Stadium, Northampton in 1959. The sport was only 7 years old when this colour film was made and includes some great shots of Car Breakers Yards back in the day....(Original air date: 1959-01-01)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOAn0MUunVE
Old 24 May 2022, 19:14 (Ref:4111198)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What a great little film! Thanks for posting it!
Old 24 May 2022, 21:42 (Ref:4111212)   #3
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It reminds me, a bit, of when I used to take my lads to Bovingdon in the late 70s and into the 80s.That's now a housing estate.
Old 25 May 2022, 22:23 (Ref:4111340)   #4
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dad used to take me to Aldershot and Wimbledon when he was on leave back in England and I was on school holidays. When he transferred back to the UK full time in the late 60's and I was no longer at boarding school Aldershot became a regular Thursday night outing. I'm sure I remember going to Aldershot Boxing day one year.. Happy days.

Great little clip. Thanks.
Old 26 May 2022, 16:39 (Ref:4111412)   #5
Speedy norm
Racer

Speedy norm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was that a young Tony Brise at 2.51 ?
Old 26 May 2022, 22:23 (Ref:4111442)   #6
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Dad used to take me to Aldershot and Wimbledon when he was on leave back in England and I was on school holidays. When he transferred back to the UK full time in the late 60's and I was no longer at boarding school Aldershot became a regular Thursday night outing. I'm sure I remember going to Aldershot Boxing day one year.. Happy days.

Great little clip. Thanks.
It was always a bit of a job to get to Aldershot stadium on a Thursday evening in the late 60s early 70s from where I live, but we used to manage it towing my Hot Rod on a 2 wheeled trailer with my Anglia van 4 up. No M25 in those days
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 26 May 2022, 22:50 (Ref:4111443)   #7
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Looking back at some old meetings I found this on the internet from 1972. I hadn't qualified for the big race but got a couple of 2nd places in the other heats, one where I almost won against a bloke by the name of Barry Lee
https://www.nationalhotrod.com/briti...mpionship-1972
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 8 Jul 2022, 19:52 (Ref:4118692)   #8
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Stock Car racing developed pretty quickly, I reckon - my sister and her boyfriend and husband-to-be used to take me to Manchester's Belle Vue track (which was gravel - and where the speedway bikes also used to race) in the early to mid-60s. The cars were significantly developed beyond the level of those in the clip above Can still recall the bellowing V8s, with the sound interspersed by the wail of the odd Jaguar straight 6s. Red top drivers were Stu Smith, Willie Harrison, Charlie Finnegan and others I can't recall now
Old 12 Jul 2022, 06:39 (Ref:4119195)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It was Belle Vue in 1984 that got me back into watching racing and going to circuits. I used to go with my father but that stopped around 1976. I was studying in Manchester in 83/84 and was renting a bedsit around 15 minutes walk from Belle Vue. A friend of mine on the course took me to Belle Vue for BRISCA stock cars and I was enthralled. Went back several times before my stint 'up north' came to an end. When I came back, I started visiting Thruxton (my 'local' circuit) Brands and Silverstone and for the next 3 years I was somewhere virtually every weekend in my Inca Yellow MGB GT. Then I got married in 1988 and my circuit visits were curtailed somewhat.....