Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

LE MANS CLASSIC
Calendar: Historic Racing
Mike Bell
Race Official

3 Jul 2020 to 5 Jul 2020 07:00 to 19:00
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings

A bit early but people are already talking about it! A must for an awful lot of people- competitors, spectators, Marshals, classic car owners......

I can’t imagine not being there, even if I’m just kicking tyres!

https://www.lemansclassic.com/language/en/home/

Old 26 Mar 2020, 11:49 (Ref:3966936)   #301
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
No

We are paying at last minute but when someone approached PA last week they were adamant that you need to pay all the dosh to stay on list !

Obviously it going to be postponed

Good news is you will be able to hold your entry until the new date which may be later this year, next year or even 2022

Bet that makes you feel better!

well, if You phoned them, they would say that, wouldnt they ?
One either pays up, or takes a more seasoned view and doesnt.
Depends a bit on Your grid, if there are 20 eager punters hankering after ones spot (as in Plateau 6), and if one doesnt want to miss it at any cost, go on, pay up

If one is in Plateau 1, which is a bit difficult to fill, and if the worst case scenario of beeing out is not a matter of life and death, then perhaps dont

As with all free advice: take mine with a bit of caution

Also: I have admit that I am a bit jaded, so pls factor that in

RuE
Old 26 Mar 2020, 12:34 (Ref:3966943)   #302
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
As with all free advice: take mine with a bit of caution
I think the cancellation is in the hands of the gov' and insurances too atm.
Its not my money but if you like this meeting and find those are really hard working and serious people as I do, may be its the chosen moment to show your support. Or not.
At a very different level, I gave two phone calls to know if certain series organizers are financially affected or not because the annual fees have not been called yet. When the season will start I'll be happy to be able to race and not find a closed door showing a "sorry, bankrupt" label.
This is only my opinion, I can't afford to race at LMC now but much regret it.
Old 26 Mar 2020, 12:48 (Ref:3966948)   #303
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Could they not run the Classic on the same weekend as the 24hr in September or is that too much hassle?
Old 26 Mar 2020, 13:01 (Ref:3966951)   #304
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Could they not run the Classic on the same weekend as the 24hr in September or is that too much hassle?

completely out of the question

the pro racers dont want the amateurs around
and there no space for them anywhere

even the Classic 45 minutes Legends race held before the main event is there on a sufferance only
the minute the race is over on Saturday morning, pit and even grandstand access is impossible
passed invalidated
I understood about the pit access
having paid 4.500 Euros for my entry
the denied grandstand access was a bit rich
I never want back after this

RuE
Old 26 Mar 2020, 14:11 (Ref:3966971)   #305
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
I understand your point of view Rudolf! We had the same situation when racing in a support grid at Monaco moons ago. You are welcome and presto you've better run away like a Bauer …
Old 26 Mar 2020, 14:34 (Ref:3966980)   #306
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjohn ruston should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjohn ruston should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Why would they want to even try?
The 24 hrs is five continuous days
The LMC is four days
Apart from the fact that two are not comparable and the maths don’t work
It’s two profit centers to get to the base reason for running the LMC
Think about it!
Old 26 Mar 2020, 15:58 (Ref:3966998)   #307
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!
Maybe this one wouldn't work but i think some organisers may have to cooperate if they want toneun a meeting at the same venue on a given weekend.

I'm thinking Silverstone with WEC and SRO GT3 Europe, or a big HSCC meeting on at same meeting as a Masters or MRL one?
Old 26 Mar 2020, 16:39 (Ref:3967013)   #308
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
completely out of the question
Think this is the right answer for so many reasons. First is the security impossible for so many people, second the track is not permanent, third the real thing lasts 24 hours in a row, fourth LMC brings many competitors, fifth the modern dont appreciate oil drops on the track, and so on…
Old 26 Mar 2020, 16:41 (Ref:3967016)   #309
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I’ll pu that idea down to temporary loss of marbles due to confinement at home....
Old 26 Mar 2020, 17:00 (Ref:3967020)   #310
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjohn ruston should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjohn ruston should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
All grids seem to be over subscribed including G1

Only iffy Grid G5?
Old 26 Mar 2020, 17:52 (Ref:3967031)   #311
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I’ll put that idea down to temporary loss of marbles due to confinement at home....
Old 26 Mar 2020, 18:06 (Ref:3967037)   #312
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I’ll pu that idea down to temporary loss of marbles due to confinement at home....

No need for that, I was only asking
Old 26 Mar 2020, 18:29 (Ref:3967044)   #313
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Paracétamol, anyone?
Old 26 Mar 2020, 19:35 (Ref:3967056)   #314
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
No need for that, I was only asking
Fair enough, but how are the WEC 24hr cars and LMC grids that use the circuit for the same period on the same weekend going to co-exist?
Old 26 Mar 2020, 19:57 (Ref:3967061)   #315
S griffin
Veteran

Just wondered if there would be any free time that could be filled during the weekend. Maybe it would make sense to do it a week or two after or is that also out of the question? Would be too much to close off the roads two weeks running for example?