Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Goodwood 78th Members' Meeting
Calendar: Historic Racing
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett

28 Mar 2020 to 29 Mar 2020 07:00 to 18:00
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings

All the usual fun for the opening Goodwood event of 2020

Old 26 Mar 2020, 14:57 (Ref:3966997)   #151
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Goodwood have also just announced that they will also postpone the Festival of Speed.

How they will manage to fit all 3 events into what will remains of the racing season is beyond me. But this is what the announcement says.

At first glance I thought that this is premature as we are talking about a date in July.
At second glance I would think that the Festival of Speed as an existing concept might be a victim of the F1 calendar reshuffle.
I cant see F1 taking time off to support the Festival of Speed in the overfilled season that the commercial rights holder will be trying to salvage

RuE
Old 26 Mar 2020, 15:05 (Ref:3967005)   #152
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!
How many days is Goodwood permitted to run racing?
Old 26 Mar 2020, 15:36 (Ref:3967012)   #153
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Circuit hill or both?

Nice that my old RS2000 was invited again. Far more deserving than the others in my opinion....
Old 26 Mar 2020, 15:54 (Ref:3967019)   #154
Moneyseeker
Subscriber
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
On a side issue I think some of the auctions houses will take a pounding this year, particularly those based around the big events and Monaco Historic.
Old 26 Mar 2020, 16:07 (Ref:3967021)   #155
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
On a side issue I think some of the auctions houses will take a pounding this year, particularly those based around the big events and Monaco Historic.

I had been wondering about that
Yup, potential income from premiums lost there

fascinatingly
Bringatrailer.com
the leading online auction site
still sees very healthy bidding, at least for the good stuff
so there are still punters out there willing to spend money, more than I would have expected

One US auction house has changed a cancelled auction to an online format, which again sees heavy bidding
amazing, they set this up more or less overnight

Bonhams are offering the cars from the cancelled Goodwood auction as "still for sale"

RuE
Old 26 Mar 2020, 16:43 (Ref:3967029)   #156
Moneyseeker
Subscriber
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
I had been wondering about that

Yup, potential income from premiums lost there

fascinatingly

Bringatrailer.com

so there are still punters out there willing to spend money, more than I would have expected

One US auction house has changed a cancelled auction to an online format, which again sees heavy bidding

amazing, they set this up more or less overnight

Bonhams are offering the cars from the cancelled Goodwood auction as "still for sale"

RuE
Yes, Silverstone Auctions sister brand Classic Car Auctions had to run a virtual online sale when the event they were supporting was postponed. SA were due another auction at the Donington Historic. Be interesting to see how they work and if in fact a new entirely online business model emerges as a result which will cut their event costs and other costs like structures, transport, etc.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Old 26 Mar 2020, 16:54 (Ref:3967033)   #157
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Nice that my old RS2000 was invited again. Far more deserving than the others in my opinion....
I'd go for Jägermeister instead of Castrol too if its what you mean…
Old 26 Mar 2020, 21:27 (Ref:3967085)   #158
smokystove
Racer

United States
BERLIN, GERMANY
smokystove should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
There is indeed healthy bidding online but the prices realised are generally not meeting sellers expectations and haven't been for a while even before current issues.

You'll notice generally most of what attracts heavy bidding are 'no reserve' lots, anything with a reserve tends to fall flat even if realistic.

But that's a whole other sort of subject for another thread!
Old 27 Mar 2020, 09:15 (Ref:3967164)   #159
zefarelly
Veteran

England
zefarelly should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I'd go for Jägermeister instead of Castrol too if its what you mean…
No bitter after taste
Old 27 Mar 2020, 21:42 (Ref:3967277)   #160
Anyopenroad
Racer

European Union
London
Anyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
I'm pretty sure it's 5, which accounts for Revival and Members Meeting. FoD isn't on the circuit so doesn't affect that total, though it no doubt has licensing issues of its own.

I imagine the delay isn't in anticipation of the country still being in lockdown in mid-July, more the impossibility of doing any sort of planning/preparation/builds/transport in the next few weeks and months.
Old 28 Mar 2020, 07:15 (Ref:3967300)   #161
dwh43scale
Racer

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Crow View Post
The Goodwood website now has a timetable and entry lists for the two day live streamed Members Meeting Favoutite Moments event. Clever idea I think.
Starts at 10.00 and seems to be available for all - https://www.goodwood.com/grr/event-c...AS66K5,R8WCA,1
Old 28 Mar 2020, 08:24 (Ref:3967309)   #162
justracing
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Yes I've committed serious money for tickets to the MM since I'm not racing
It seems that you're racing after all: https://www.goodwood.com/globalasset...-list-2020.pdf
Old 28 Mar 2020, 08:43 (Ref:3967310)   #163
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lol. Thanks for that.
Old 28 Mar 2020, 09:45 (Ref:3967320)   #164
justracing
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Lol. Thanks for that.
Best get togged up, you're out at 16:35
Old 28 Mar 2020, 09:48 (Ref:3967321)   #165
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Streaming the YouTube coverage onto the TV. Assume that's Kevin in the commentary team.