Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 25 Apr 2005, 22:30 (Ref:1287400)   #1
11tenths
Rookie

United States
San Francisco, California
11tenths should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Monaco GP Online Ticketing Drama

Has anyone purchased tickets online for the Monaco GP? I'm interested in a pair of seats in the numbered seating area but have yet to find a website that will both:

1. Give me some sense of where those seats are in the section (no description given for numbering system within the section). I don't want to end up with a view of some lamer F1 cameraman's rear end while he's busy missing the action on the track.

2. Guarantee I have two seats next to one another

Also-

Is there any particular reason why some resellers are charging north of 100 Euros more for some tickets than the ACM (www.acm.mc) is selling theirs for? You get a free carwash with that or what?

Thanks for any and all suggestions/prior experiences!
Old 26 Apr 2005, 12:04 (Ref:1287820)   #2
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Its only a month ish till the GP..tickets will be few and far between at a guess...100 euros more...supply and demand innit!
Old 26 Apr 2005, 12:19 (Ref:1287832)   #3
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11tenths
Is there any particular reason why some resellers are charging north of 100 Euros more for some tickets than the ACM (www.acm.mc) is selling theirs for?
I believe it is called capitalism

The clue too your question is in the word 'reseller' - why shouldn't they charge whatever they can get !
Old 28 Apr 2005, 11:13 (Ref:1289317)   #4
Andy H
Racer

Andy H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
11 tenths - try www.visualseat.com the offiical site which sells tickets at face value

this shows exactly what is left and where the seats are, plus views from each stand
Old 29 Apr 2005, 00:01 (Ref:1289768)   #5
11tenths
Rookie

United States
San Francisco, California
11tenths should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for all the heads up - Here's what I learned from my recent experience buying tickets for the 2005 Monaco GP:

1) All sites selling tickets will describe where the section is you are purchasing tickets along the circuit, however, within some sections seats may be assigned with a seat number. I could not find a guide as to how each section is lettered/numbered.

2) The price delta for tickets within the same section (but different seats within that section, I assume) on different websites was indescribably large - over 100 Euros in some cases, with the acm.mc website offering tickets at face value. Why you would pay one site extra $$ for a ticket within the same section isn't clear when really you've no clue where the seats are within a section. That seems a bit optimistic in terms of pricing. There could be a Grand Prix awarded after the race for highest price paid for a ticket above face value, in which case I must remember to bring the yacht next time and heli into town! Right!

3) As of yesterday, I didn't find it too terribly difficult to purchase my tickets once I realized that the available tickets on the acm.mc website updated periodically for some reason - you could do a search then and find different seats on different attempts at looking up your desired section.

4) Finding two seats together in K7 was difficult!
Old 29 Apr 2005, 15:03 (Ref:1290177)   #6
Andy H
Racer

Andy H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
11 tenths - if you go to the race do let us know what the seats you had were like

given even at face value they are so expensivet this information is really useful