Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Dec 2017, 15:33 (Ref:3787663)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
SILVERSTONE 'INTERNATIONAL' HSCC

The annual alternative to Silverstone Classic. 'The right crowd without the crowding', to coin a phrase. Later in 2018, and includes GTSCC again.
Old 8 Jun 2018, 20:18 (Ref:3827733)   #2
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Timetable https://hscc.org.uk/wp-content/uploa...metable-V3.pdf
Entry list https://hscc.org.uk/wp-content/uploa...nal-Trophy.pdf
Old 9 Jun 2018, 07:07 (Ref:3827786)   #3
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What is the point of running races 6 &13. With only 7 cars of very different capabilities, FF2000 to F1, and on the GP circuit.
Old 9 Jun 2018, 16:21 (Ref:3827835)   #4
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
What is the point of running races 6 &13. With only 7 cars of very different capabilities, FF2000 to F1, and on the GP circuit.

That is undoubtedly a very pertinent question.

One might also wonder why the entry is so small, especially when Silverstone offers one of the best options for the F5000s, for example, to get up to full speed.

Presumably there is a reason - or perhaps several reasons.
Old 9 Jun 2018, 20:02 (Ref:3827861)   #5
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well this weekend there is the America Fest at Brands Hatch and there are a dozen F5000's entered for a demo even, so maybe to short a turn around time?
Old 9 Jun 2018, 21:08 (Ref:3827867)   #6
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
DBT have had falling grids for a while.
Old 9 Jun 2018, 21:29 (Ref:3827871)   #7
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiecriag101 View Post
Well this weekend there is the America Fest at Brands Hatch and there are a dozen F5000's entered for a demo even, so maybe to short a turn around time?

4 of those are Lyons family cars it seems.

1 is also entered for Silverstone.

4 or 5 others are relatively regular DBT runners.

Maybe we will see a few late entries for Silverstone.
Old 12 Jun 2018, 09:39 (Ref:3828607)   #8
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sadly the only interest to me is Mike and Simon in the SLR, not sufficient to make it worthwhile travelling 40 miles for.

Sorry Mike.
Old 12 Jun 2018, 10:23 (Ref:3828614)   #9
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There happens to be a Euro F2 round at this this meeting, a HSCC series.

This seems to have drawn away some of the F2 entries from the DBT.

Had my car been ready (which it isnt) I also would have done the pure F2 race instead of the DBT race.

RuE
Old 12 Jun 2018, 15:23 (Ref:3828670)   #10
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Sadly the only interest to me is Mike and Simon in the SLR, not sufficient to make it worthwhile travelling 40 miles for.

Sorry Mike.
And so you should be! I'm racing in the Jag Challenge as well, in a mates E Type, but know they don't excite you....

Will be good to have John Emberson's SLR with us in GTSCC as well. I've just dropped it off on return from Dijon to be re-prepped for the weekend.
Old 12 Jun 2018, 17:11 (Ref:3828685)   #11
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just got a new entry list-14 DBT Cars and 21 Pre 80 Cars with 2 or 3 more for eah class along with 25 F2 and 30 CF3
Old 12 Jun 2018, 18:21 (Ref:3828700)   #12
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
And so you should be! I'm racing in the Jag Challenge as well, in a mates E Type, but know they don't excite you....

Will be good to have John Emberson's SLR with us in GTSCC as well. I've just dropped it off on return from Dijon to be re-prepped for the weekend.
Could be in for a wet race looking at the latest forecast.🙁
Old 12 Jun 2018, 19:11 (Ref:3828713)   #13
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Yes, Saturday afternoon not looking promising! Let’s hope they’re wrong or too pessimistic.....
Old 13 Jun 2018, 05:03 (Ref:3828783)   #14
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

I am off (MSV permitting) to Donington for the VSCC Meeting on the 24th. More to my taste than hundreds of 1960's FF of one sort or the other, and similar F1, 2, 3 4, 5 ….. of the same era. Due to my advanced years I find this modern stuff all rather boring. Only the Guards has some slight interest, but not enough to drag me up to a maybe wet Silverstone. Enjoy your drives Mike, I will ask a friend to get a few pictures for the MOG Mag so watch out for the man with the camera.

Cheers,

Bob.
Old 13 Jun 2018, 05:31 (Ref:3828786)   #15
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Forgot my manners- Welcome to tentenths, Willmaz223! Are you at Silverstone this weekend?
Old 13 Jun 2018, 07:33 (Ref:3828808)   #16
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Forgot my manners- Welcome to tentenths, Willmaz223! Are you at Silverstone this weekend?
No worries,I'm not sure yet but looking at the entry list it is tempting me along with me not being able to go to Silverstone for the classic.I've been spectating events for the last 10 years mostly at Brands Hatch and (a long time ago) Lydden hill but have been also trying to visit other circuits more recently.
Old 13 Jun 2018, 21:56 (Ref:3829167)   #17
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just a quick one, here's the updated entry list for those interested:

http://www.silverstone.co.uk/wp-cont...nal-Trophy.pdf

That's a better looking entry, now just need the weather to play ball and stay dry Saturday afternoon.
Old 13 Jun 2018, 23:02 (Ref:3829187)   #18
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
dikko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"More to my taste than hundreds of 1960's FF of one sort or the other, and similar F1, 2, 3 4, 5 ….. of the same era."
PAH! Bauble..... The best Historic racing there is! and there you are watching cars out of the Ark poodle past when you could be on the edge of your seat watching proper racing, with respect to each other, with precision and, dare I mention it, EXCITEMENT...there, I did....I am a bit biased I must admit.... Dick D HFF Drivers rep....

ER, Geordie Craig, I think you have last year's entry list there ol' chap.

Last edited by dikko; 13 Jun 2018 at 23:10.
Old 14 Jun 2018, 05:03 (Ref:3829206)   #19
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by dikko View Post

YES- 2017 entry list.....
Old 14 Jun 2018, 06:07 (Ref:3829210)   #20
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by dikko View Post
"More to my taste than hundreds of 1960's FF of one sort or the other, and similar F1, 2, 3 4, 5 ….. of the same era."
PAH! Bauble..... The best Historic racing there is! and there you are watching cars out of the Ark poodle past when you could be on the edge of your seat watching proper racing, with respect to each other, with precision and, dare I mention it, EXCITEMENT...there, I did....I am a bit biased I must admit.... Dick D HFF Drivers rep....

Each to his own as Shakespeare probably said, but a long line of silly cars driving along one behind the other is not my pot of coffee. But you younger chaps seem to enjoy it. In my somewhat less than humble opinion Formula Ford was one of the worst things to happen to motor sport ever. It has generated a stream of ………………… Oh! I won't go on it will only upset you.
Old 14 Jun 2018, 13:53 (Ref:3829292)   #21
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
Cheers for pointing that out, got that one straight from Silverstone website. Oops. Nevermind hopefully a updated one appear soon.
Old 14 Jun 2018, 16:30 (Ref:3829315)   #22
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiecriag101 View Post
Cheers for pointing that out, got that one straight from Silverstone website. Oops. Nevermind hopefully a updated one appear soon.
Sent HSCC a email on Tuesday and i have the numbers
FF-40
DBT-15
CFC-30
HF3-20
P80-21
GT-32
GTSCC-42
HF2-25
Old 14 Jun 2018, 21:34 (Ref:3829502)   #23
percy
Racer

percy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
. Enjoy your drives Mike, I will ask a friend to get a few pictures for the MOG Mag so watch out for the man with the camera.

Cheers,

Bob.
I assume you’ve asked me to photograph the race as your ‘friend’ couldn’t make it... 😏
Old 15 Jun 2018, 06:19 (Ref:3829582)   #24
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by percy View Post
I assume you’ve asked me to photograph the race as your ‘friend’ couldn’t make it... 😏
Next time I will use the correct terminology; Junior Colleague.

Watch out for this one Mike!
Old 15 Jun 2018, 13:52 (Ref:3829674)   #25
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
What’s with circuits nowadays! Contrary to Finals saying we can arrive at our leisure and park up inside Copse until testing finishes, we get here and no admittance! So at 3pm it will be chaos as all the parked vehicles try to get in and set up at the same time!

I despair......