Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 5 Jan 2019, 11:11 (Ref:3874126)   #126
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
Thank you all for your feedback. I decided to get a seat at T16. See you in Le Mans!

158 days 2 hours 48 minutes to P1. Oh yes, I am managing my anxiety so well...
Old 5 Jan 2019, 11:40 (Ref:3874136)   #127
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well done! I'm sure everyone has a countdown timer on their mobile phone like me.......
Old 5 Jan 2019, 16:34 (Ref:3874165)   #128
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I will soon start the usual where are you staying thread so everyone will know where you are staying during the best week in motor racing
Old 21 Feb 2019, 17:01 (Ref:3885783)   #129
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Confusing email from the ACO but it looks like Franz Ferdinand are the friday band at le mans this year
Old 21 Feb 2019, 17:44 (Ref:3885790)   #130
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Confusing email from the ACO but it looks like Franz Ferdinand are the friday band at le mans this year
DAMN.

A year that I have to miss and it has to be THAT year that they manage to get a trackside concert with a band I actually like. :|
Old 21 Feb 2019, 18:42 (Ref:3885801)   #131
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Sorry, they are on saturday not friday and i will be busy watching some cars that day.
Old 22 Feb 2019, 11:21 (Ref:3885929)   #132
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So Franz Ferdinand are playing Le Mans the first thing shot through my head when I saw that new was a wet race after all they do have a song called "Why Does It Always Rain On Me".....
Old 22 Feb 2019, 11:52 (Ref:3885932)   #133
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
So Franz Ferdinand are playing Le Mans the first thing shot through my head when I saw that new was a wet race after all they do have a song called "Why Does It Always Rain On Me".....
Mr Jones is now BANNED.

Old 22 Feb 2019, 14:28 (Ref:3885952)   #134
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
Should also be banned for getting his Scottish bands mixed up
Old 22 Feb 2019, 17:18 (Ref:3885977)   #135
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Mr Jones is now BANNED.

Here Here, and he should attend the 2019 to officially be banned, before being welcomed to the meet as usual, it has been a long time since he was last there.
Old 22 Feb 2019, 18:37 (Ref:3886007)   #136
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, I think that's right Simon. Come on Rob, you know you want to!
Old 24 Feb 2019, 18:23 (Ref:3886362)   #137
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Me and my brother will be making our 10th visit to Le Mans this year.
As it's an anniversary of sorts we'll also be heading to the Nurburgring 24 the following weekend.
Old 24 Feb 2019, 19:12 (Ref:3886367)   #138
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i think this year will be my 33rd visit to the main race
Old 25 Feb 2019, 18:20 (Ref:3886567)   #139
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Still one behind me Simon.....
Old 25 Feb 2019, 18:24 (Ref:3886569)   #140
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's my first.
Old 25 Feb 2019, 18:36 (Ref:3886576)   #141
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
And I'm sure you'll enjoy it just as much as we will Peter......
Old 25 Feb 2019, 19:11 (Ref:3886582)   #142
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
But i have also done several test days and about 7 classics, however i think i will have to out live you to get the one main race back
Old 25 Feb 2019, 22:08 (Ref:3886615)   #143
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
and Ayse, still one behind me (instead of two)
Old 26 Feb 2019, 19:28 (Ref:3886877)   #144
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, looks like I'm losing my LM virginity this year, marshalling near Decathlon at the top of the Mulsanne. It's exciting!
Old 26 Feb 2019, 22:19 (Ref:3886919)   #145
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Excellent news!
Old 27 Feb 2019, 22:17 (Ref:3887168)   #146
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
My first Le Mans this year. I just cancelled the hotel I had booked for Fri night - I’m now arriving Fri lunchtime and will be sleeping in the car!

Much more nervous about this than any of my other recent trips. But I reckon if I can handle Nürburgring then I can cope anywhere!
Old 3 Mar 2019, 12:15 (Ref:3887996)   #147
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No reason to be nervous, you will have a fabulous time. And there is a huge amount of knowledge and experience on here to help you!
Old 5 Mar 2019, 09:30 (Ref:3888364)   #148
Nickberg555
Rookie

Nickberg555 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I want to go to Le Mans for the first time. I'm a big motorsport fan and have been almost everywhere but not at Le Mans yet. I want to go wednesday and thursday for the practice and qualifying. Anyone some suggesstions? Is it worth to go these days?
Old 5 Mar 2019, 11:41 (Ref:3888385)   #149
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Absolutely! For 24 years I went over for the long weekend. In 2010 I went over for 'the whole thing' for the first time, including scrutineering. I've done the same every year since (although not scrutineering in 2010). The two days of qualifying are great fun and present two extra opportunities to experience the best part of Le Mans - the cars out on the track in darkness - and with a lot fewer people around. If you have the chance - take it!
Old 5 Mar 2019, 12:39 (Ref:3888396)   #150
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Big Yes from me.
Options open to you for 2019 are
Book hotel and get taxi from home to hotel and use tram to travel to and from circuit, this is the most expensive option and you will need a large sack of money.
Drive down and book an on site campsite for you and friends enjoy practice qualy and race with like minded people, Either get a camping pass direct from ACO/agent now or buy one of the already sold out sites on here, other forums or ebay. Get race tickets on arrival. The cheapest option.
Book an organised camping spot with the agents/piston heads/thomas cook etc,
This is not cheap but can make life easy for you.
Go with one of the tours either on Coach or train, Good if you are on your own.
Various versions of above.
Greatest event in motor racing but overall this could cost you a fortune, went in 1985 as a one off, Been to 33 now plus test days, plus 7 classics so that 1 off has since cost me tens of thousands but to be honest worth every penny.