Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 22 Jan 2008, 22:42 (Ref:2111595)   #26
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not without fuel injection I don't. That's worth over a second a lap and about 10bhp!

The bodies are dreadful (but they work) Microdynamics ones, with holes drilled by a bloke with a black n decker on a friday afternoon after he's been to the pub. The ECU is worth it - DTA.

Otherwise, it can carry on dissolving in the yard.
Old 30 Jan 2008, 22:20 (Ref:2117365)   #27
COLIN STUBBS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Louth.Thats the one near Cadwell
COLIN STUBBS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Come on Rob I need someone else to race with in the little class that hasnt got vtec and you can prove once and for all how crappy Rovers are!!
Old 31 Jan 2008, 12:47 (Ref:2117714)   #28
Highside
Rookie

England
Woburn Sands
Highside should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by COLIN STUBBS
Come on Rob I need someone else to race with in the little class...
Rob - if you need more convincing, visit the flash new TTRS website - www.racingsaloons.com for more info, videos etc.
Old 31 Jan 2008, 13:05 (Ref:2117740)   #29
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Blimey I could swear I have seen that race in the video somewhere before?
Old 31 Jan 2008, 14:38 (Ref:2117827)   #30
Austinspace75
Racer

England
Cardiff
Austinspace75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 31 Jan 2008, 15:24 (Ref:2117848)   #31
Highside
Rookie

England
Woburn Sands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
Blimey I could swear I have seen that race in the video somewhere before?
YouTube?
Old 31 Jan 2008, 15:39 (Ref:2117852)   #32
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Talking of YouTube - here's one TTRS car being comprehensively stuffed by another at Cadwell Park... ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwzxTEPoYU8

S.
Old 31 Jan 2008, 20:10 (Ref:2118042)   #33
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highside
YouTube?
Are that must be it, silly me!
Old 26 Feb 2008, 23:55 (Ref:2138815)   #34
MiniMadness
Veteran

Canada
Glen Allen VA/Kent UK
MiniMadness should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacy
Talking of YouTube - here's one TTRS car being comprehensively stuffed by another at Cadwell Park... ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwzxTEPoYU8

S.
Blimey that RX-7 is quick !!
Old 27 Feb 2008, 08:18 (Ref:2138996)   #35
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi,

Probably flattered in fairness. What you can't really see is that it was patchily damp, and on lap 1 JW will attest to being a bit slow on the gas out of a slippery Barn corner which gave me a decent gap. That made life easier.

As this is a stitched together 1st and last lap vid you miss the entertaining stuff from the M3 mid way through - certainly "on it" in the mirrors.

If I'm honest another couple of laps and I would have been in trouble - the 13" tyres were roasted by the end.. And I was knackered..

S.
Old 27 Feb 2008, 08:52 (Ref:2139018)   #36
Highside
Rookie

England
Woburn Sands
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMadness
Blimey that RX-7 is quick !!
I was in another M3 just behind John (well for 7 laps until I ripped the gearstick out of the tunnel - don't ask...), and when I wasn't trying to find a way past him (ha! I wish), it was facinating to watch the pair of them and how quick they both were at different points on the track.

By the way - were you the chap I was talking to about TTRS at the Pom on Saturday?

Fancy coming out in TTRS this year?
Old 2 Mar 2008, 08:34 (Ref:2141973)   #37
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You know, I have a car that is probably eligible for TTRS...and CTCRC Pre 93 and LMA Eurosaloons, DMN, CSCC Tin Tops etc etc. I just want to race relatively locally; Donington, Silverstone, Mallory & maybe Oulton & Cadwell; I am not interested in championships & I have no interest in overnight stays & long trailer trips for just one 15 or 20 min race. It would be great if I could enter the local rounds of all of the above but to do that I have to join the BARC, BRSCC, CSCC, CTCRC etc...and register for each championship. I'm not going to do that so I do stick with one club & series (and don't enter all the rounds) but it is frustrating. I do think that club racing should be a lot more accomodating and allow cars to race (without registering for points) anywhere (as long as the car complies with the appropriate tech regs, obviously), as long as the driver is a member of an MSA recognised club. Perhaps there should be a guest class and a small premium on the entry fee for non registered members. It might even boost grids overall.
Old 2 Mar 2008, 08:51 (Ref:2141977)   #38
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
A big problem with that is from a drivers point of view if someone is going for a championship and a guest appears and wins, then said guest can mess the points tally up for others.
Not my view but taken from a rant last year in the DNM series.

Edited: Forget that last statement, the rant was about registered members racing once or twice and messing the points up for others, of course if you are invited you wont get points.

From an organisers point of view I would imagine you need to know who will be out with you for the year so you can be in a better position to budget and negotiate for the season.

Last edited by Tim Falce; 2 Mar 2008 at 11:24.
Old 2 Mar 2008, 11:00 (Ref:2142068)   #39
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Andy
You can race in TTRS without the annual registration fee but paying £20 over the very reasonable entry fee on an ad hoc basis.
No need for any other club memberships.
We're scheuled for Silverstone, Cadwell and Donington
See pm for details.
Old 2 Mar 2008, 19:38 (Ref:2142510)   #40
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
Edited: Forget that last statement, the rant was about registered members racing once or twice and messing the points up for others, of course if you are invited you wont get points.

From an organisers point of view I would imagine you need to know who will be out with you for the year so you can be in a better position to budget and negotiate for the season.
Hi Tim,

As an exponent of full championship seasons previously I have to say I've had little time for the argument by and large. I haven't read the original thread so might get a little torched for this but hey ho..

I have seen people turning up and selectively racing to 'take points off' people late in the season, but have always thought it's a pretty empty claim.

In the first instance so long as their car complies and they are properly registered they are I reckon fully entitled to turn up, it's down to you/me/them to beat them and claim the points, and in the second if a faster car/driver was not allowed to enter or score by virtue of the fact he might (perish the thought) do a better job than I and win, it's a something of an empty victory at seasons end..

It's a fact of life that regular numbers will tail off later in the year when the championship is no longer viable, maybe to regroup for next year, and also that few people are able to commit to a full season at the outset and follow it through.

Variety is the spice of life and all that, and personally I'd prefer 1 car on the grid for 1 race, than 0 on the grid for 10, and if they turned out to be lightning quick then all to the good - it would force me to raise my game, which is what this is all about?

S.
Old 2 Mar 2008, 19:58 (Ref:2142536)   #41
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DMN allows any recognised MSA club member to compete. Just have to pay £15 registration to cover costs of sending things out.
Old 3 Mar 2008, 12:56 (Ref:2143226)   #42
MiniMadness
Veteran

Canada
Glen Allen VA/Kent UK
MiniMadness should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highside
I was in another M3 just behind John (well for 7 laps until I ripped the gearstick out of the tunnel - don't ask...), and when I wasn't trying to find a way past him (ha! I wish), it was facinating to watch the pair of them and how quick they both were at different points on the track.

By the way - were you the chap I was talking to about TTRS at the Pom on Saturday?

Fancy coming out in TTRS this year?
Yes that was me, how did you work that out ? You must have checked my previous posts.
It's taken me 10 minutes to realise who you are, I assume you are Jon Payne's mate, I remember you saying you had a M3. I've checked out the website and hope to make one of the Brands/H TTRS meetings.

Great to see both Jon and Adrian won their respected classes at Silverstone.
Old 3 Mar 2008, 13:33 (Ref:2143259)   #43
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
I've checked out the website and hope to make one of the Brands/H TTRS meetings.

Afternoon,

Would be great to see you at Brands, but if you've got something to enter as well as spectating then be quick - there's just 9 left spaces left at the moment for a full grid at the end of April.

BTW TTRS are fielding a full grid of 42 cars at Castle Combe for the season opener, as are the PBMW's of course.

From someone used to entering races on or past the closing date this is taking some getting used to!

S.
Old 3 Mar 2008, 15:25 (Ref:2143335)   #44
Highside
Rookie

England
Woburn Sands
Quote:
Yes that was me, how did you work that out ? You must have checked my previous posts.
It's taken me 10 minutes to realise who you are, I assume you are Jon Payne's mate, I remember you saying you had a M3. I've checked out the website and hope to make one of the Brands/H TTRS meetings.
Close - I'm his brother (although I am obviously glad that you didn't say we look alike).

Quote:
Ditto - Jon is over the moon with how he went, I'm sure Adrian was too. Send him my congrat's when you see him.

Glad you found the website - you should definetly get out there if you can, it should be a great year!

Regards

Rob
Old 9 Apr 2008, 19:16 (Ref:2174082)   #45
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Has anyone got any details of the TTRS series please? I don't seem to be able to find any links here.

Edited: Found it.

Last edited by Tim Falce; 9 Apr 2008 at 19:28.
Old 9 Apr 2008, 21:39 (Ref:2174159)   #46
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Hi,

www.racingsaloons.com will take you there.

Entries are at capacity (taking reserves) for Brands Hatch 26th/27th April, and Cadwell Park 10th/11th May - latter will only let us start 26 :-( - but I believe there is space at Rockingham on the 7th June (8 places) and Brands on the 14th June (10 places).

Mind you, we haven't got our (3) entries in yet - so race you!

Stacy

Last edited by Stacy; 9 Apr 2008 at 21:45.
Old 17 Mar 2009, 20:31 (Ref:2417731)   #47
ascona i2000
Racer

ascona i2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How does the land lie with racing a Manta 400 in this series?
Old 18 Mar 2009, 08:54 (Ref:2418071)   #48
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Regs can be found here
You have u2u