Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 20 Sep 2012, 16:01 (Ref:3139176)   #251
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Musta been dreaming ..... where the hell did I get that from !!!

Wheres me meds .....................
Old 20 Sep 2012, 16:06 (Ref:3139180)   #252
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
No, it's just saying that the GTE-Pro Ferraris entered in the WEC now have to have a 85-liter fuel tank instead of 90, and the adjustment is effective from the Bahrain round onwards. There is no mention of Petit anywhere in that article.
Un réservoir plus petit pour les Ferrari/AF Corse (GTE-Pro). (20/09)

This is the heading from End-info ..... I assumed the petit was a referance to PLM , My bad !!!
Old 20 Sep 2012, 20:20 (Ref:3139264)   #253
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
-5 liters from their tank, and -15kg. Will this offset eachother?
Old 21 Sep 2012, 05:23 (Ref:3139448)   #254
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Its a shame in a 'technology and efficiency' led championship when someone gets penalised for making their car more efficient.
Old 21 Sep 2012, 05:58 (Ref:3139470)   #255
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Its a shame in a 'technology and efficiency' led championship when someone gets penalised for making their car more efficient.
its only in lmp1 where the most efficient car will win in '14. Its pointless to have a more efficent gte, and if there is such a car the problem should be "corrected"
Old 21 Sep 2012, 12:22 (Ref:3139620)   #256
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lms View Post
its only in lmp1 where the most efficient car will win in '14. Its pointless to have a more efficent gte, and if there is such a car the problem should be "corrected"
Why is it pointless? If anything GTE cars shold be the most road relevant and efficiency is a big topic in the auto industry. Why should they be "corrected?" Ferrari has a great system so let's penalize them to be equal with less clever designs. Redistribution of class wins, goes great with the participation ribbons that are the AM classes.
Old 24 Sep 2012, 01:11 (Ref:3140617)   #257
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pach233 View Post

Why is it pointless? If anything GTE cars shold be the most road relevant and efficiency is a big topic in the auto industry. Why should they be "corrected?" Ferrari has a great system so let's penalize them to be equal with less clever designs. Redistribution of class wins, goes great with the participation ribbons that are the AM classes.
I agree. Cars in GTE should be more directly determined by their marketed counterparts, more than they are now, I should add. I think there should be more of a variation in speed, but a continuing BOP (balance of performance), but allow heavier cars to have more horsepower to gain back some time on the lighter cars down the straights. I mean, should a Viper or BMW M3 be as fast through the corners as a Lotus? No. I think that's one thing the 2014 fusion will really help.
Old 24 Sep 2012, 01:23 (Ref:3140625)   #258
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"... allow heavier cars to have more horsepower to gain back some time on the lighter cars ..."

That's an idea I really like (but I don't know if it is practical.) I know versions have been tried in the past and I'd love to see it again---let each car have its strengths and weaknesses and balance overall performance.

The problem is track configuration becomes too important--an extra-long straight or a couple extra-tight corners could give one or the other an insurmountable advantage.
Old 24 Sep 2012, 17:26 (Ref:3140993)   #259
The Badger
Veteran

Tinseau in at TDS for PLM . Excellant choice .

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-13479.html
Old 24 Sep 2012, 18:03 (Ref:3141005)   #260
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ok, so we have the following Euro entries:

P1:
Rebellion Lola Toyota (probably Flybrid)

P2:
Oak Morgan Judd x 1 (second car rumoured)
Greaves Zytek Nissan
Murphy Oreca Nissan
Status Lola Judd
TDS Oreca Nissan

GTE-Am:
IMSA Porsche 997 RSR
AF Corse Ferrari 458

Anyone hearing any others? AMR is out, what about an AF Corse Pro car?
Old 25 Sep 2012, 00:27 (Ref:3141158)   #261
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
I'd doubt a Pro Ferrari. Who will the AM entries be racing against? It will be interesting to see where the qualify in the GT ranks.
Old 25 Sep 2012, 00:29 (Ref:3141159)   #262
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
I'd doubt a Pro Ferrari. Who will the AM entries be racing against? It will be interesting to see where the qualify in the GT ranks.
According to Dagys no other entries expected. I believe the GTE-Am are racing just each other as this is a double points round for the ELMS.
Old 25 Sep 2012, 00:56 (Ref:3141172)   #263
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post

P2:
Oak Morgan Judd x 1 (second car rumoured)
Greaves Zytek Nissan
Murphy Oreca Nissan
Status Lola Judd
TDS Oreca Nissan

GTE-Am:
IMSA Porsche 997 RSR
AF Corse Ferrari 458
Five LMP2s will breath life into the P car race, thankfully. And two very respectable and normally quick GT teams is an added bonus to the class. Can only hope for more, but not looking likely, eh?
Old 25 Sep 2012, 01:04 (Ref:3141176)   #264
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Five LMP2s will breath life into the P car race, thankfully. And two very respectable and normally quick GT teams is an added bonus to the class. Can only hope for more, but not looking likely, eh?
It promises to be a great race, but a bittersweet one. I will have mixed emotions. I was not going to attend this year until the ELMS entries were announced. The Rebellion P1 is a bonus. Apparently they and Dyson will be running hybrids which could lead to a premature end of the P1 battle though. Sadly, unless they get the likely non existent ELMS teams to come over again, I fear this may be my last Petit for a long time...
Old 25 Sep 2012, 01:26 (Ref:3141182)   #265
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
It promises to be a great race, but a bittersweet one. I will have mixed emotions. I was not going to attend this year until the ELMS entries were announced. The Rebellion P1 is a bonus. Apparently they and Dyson will be running hybrids which could lead to a premature end of the P1 battle though. Sadly, unless they get the likely non existent ELMS teams to come over again, I fear this may be my last Petit for a long time...
Yeah, I understand. Last year was the last REAL PLM unless we are surprised, but the Rebellion is always good to see, and the race should be entertaining, none the less. No matter what, I'll enjoy myself as always.

Make sure you stop by to visit us in Turn 4, and have a cold one, on the house.
Old 25 Sep 2012, 02:09 (Ref:3141193)   #266
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the new rules coming into effect for 2014, is it possible for next year's Petit Le Mans that some LMP1s will come over to run them for the last time?
Old 25 Sep 2012, 02:44 (Ref:3141200)   #267
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Yeah, I understand. Last year was the last REAL PLM unless we are surprised, but the Rebellion is always good to see, and the race should be entertaining, none the less. No matter what, I'll enjoy myself as always.

Make sure you stop by to visit us in Turn 4, and have a cold one, on the house.
Thanks, will do. What does your camp look like? This will be my 6th in a row. You guys are brave camping with it being later in the year, could be cold. I was just looking at my 2011 PLM pics last night, that was the most ridiculous grid will we ever see. I convinced some friends from Sebring to drive up and take in their first Petit in the RV. I will be at the track all 4 days, when do you get there?

Last edited by Canada ALMS fan; 25 Sep 2012 at 02:50.
Old 25 Sep 2012, 02:49 (Ref:3141203)   #268
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2008 was ridiculous too.

19 cars ran under 1:10 in qualifying.
Old 25 Sep 2012, 09:35 (Ref:3141316)   #269
The Badger
Veteran

Rebellion are supposed to have a flybrid , wonder if its anything to do with that Swiss team that were trying to develop if a couple years ago .

Question : Could Toyota's hybrid be incorporated at short notice into the Rebellion running gear ?
Old 25 Sep 2012, 09:39 (Ref:3141317)   #270
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I'd think that'd be exclusive to the TS030, at least for now.
Old 25 Sep 2012, 11:54 (Ref:3141371)   #271
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Thanks, will do. What does your camp look like? This will be my 6th in a row. You guys are brave camping with it being later in the year, could be cold. I was just looking at my 2011 PLM pics last night, that was the most ridiculous grid will we ever see. I convinced some friends from Sebring to drive up and take in their first Petit in the RV. I will be at the track all 4 days, when do you get there?
If the weather stays just like it is right now, it'll be nice, but it will most likely be cold, no wait, it'll be hot. No, er, um...we'll roll the dice, too close to home for a hotel and too far away to drive at the end of the day . Good choice with the RV, tho Canada!

I have friends that will be there on Wednesday...I don't think I will arrive until Thursday, but for fear of turning this into a "PLM Attendee Entry Thread", I have started a thread in the Trackside forum. Feel free to post there about your arrival time and plans. Also, I'd like to see pictures of past trips and hear some stories...

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...69#post3141369
Old 25 Sep 2012, 12:03 (Ref:3141376)   #272
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Are there more than likely no other entries to be announced? Does anyone have a comprehensive list they'd prefer to post?
Old 25 Sep 2012, 13:55 (Ref:3141434)   #273
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
This should do the trick:

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-13377.html
Old 25 Sep 2012, 14:47 (Ref:3141469)   #274
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Seems like Level 5 are a bit scared of the ELMS opposition in P2 for Petit, they seem to be going all-out on the driver front. They're testing at Road Atlanta this week, and two of the drivers running for the team in the test have been, according to social media...

... Ryan Hunter-Reay and Simon Pagenaud.
Old 25 Sep 2012, 15:12 (Ref:3141488)   #275
extramundane
Racer

Benin
Here.
extramundane has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Seems like Level 5 are a bit scared of the ELMS opposition in P2 for Petit, they seem to be going all-out on the driver front. They're testing at Road Atlanta this week, and two of the drivers running for the team in the test have been, according to social media...

... Ryan Hunter-Reay and Simon Pagenaud.
Hunter-Reay's supposed to be in a Viper and Pagenaud's running V8 Supercars the same weekend as Petit.