Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 7 Mar 2005, 23:52 (Ref:1246206)   #151
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcp2685
I agree with the post above that the "I lost him in my mirror" quote is a joke.
I don't think Michael is saying he made the move because he couldn't see him in his mirror. I think he is referring to the moment after that when Heidfeld was on the grass. He is explaining why he still turned into the corner despite Nick being on course to hit him if he did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumacher in team press release afterwards
I saw him behind me just as I came out of the pits and I made it clear I was defending my position. At one point I lost sight of him in the mirrors and went into the corner when I felt I'd been hit. I have seen the incident on film: Heidfeld was on the grass and so was not in full control of his car. I can't blame him for trying to overtake me.
So I don't think he is making an excuse as to why he made the move, more explaining why he didn't try to avoid an out of control Williams on the grass.

That doesn't and shouldn't change what you think about the move, but it is unfair to hold his quote afterwards against him for making up a silly excuse.

Last edited by Adam43; 7 Mar 2005 at 23:55.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 00:00 (Ref:1246212)   #152
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcush.
Next time quick nick will think twice.Lesson learned.
maybe schumi will think twice
Old 8 Mar 2005, 00:06 (Ref:1246221)   #153
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Strange no one has mentioned Coulthard's swerve into Webber putting him on the grass, which was in my view just as bad as what Michael did.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 00:19 (Ref:1246231)   #154
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think DC was too busy thanking the lord at that juncture; he had just come very close to a big one seconds before that, while passing a back marker.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 01:03 (Ref:1246252)   #155
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk
I think DC was too busy thanking the lord at that juncture; he had just come very close to a big one seconds before that, while passing a back marker.
I'm pretty sure he knew exactly where Mark was.

David was unfortunate to be in that position due to the Minardi, but I think the actual move was probably a little more deliberate, forceful and less clumsy than Michael's.

They were both lucky that Mark had the wherewithal to avoid the Red Bull car.

Mark not mentioning the incident post-race indicates he is happy to leave it on the track - I am too, but I think it was a worse move than Michael's.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 03:04 (Ref:1246303)   #156
SpawnyWhippet
Veteran

United Kingdom
Singapore
SpawnyWhippet has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt_R
Furthermore, Michael did NOT drive Nick onto the grass. He squeezed, but kept just wide enough space for a car. Isn't it what racing is..to give just enough room? Nick over-reacted a little, swerved onto the grass avoiding nothing, and applied brake...the car just carried on it's movement... simply no grip to stop... and tagged Michael.
I was there watching it live, and also saw the replay on the big screen. Looked to me like Michael moved over on Nick and Nick took the only avoiding action he could. Nick told me after the race he had no other options.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 11:56 (Ref:1246542)   #157
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Interesting.

Michael does something and he is villified.

DC does the same thing and he was "busy thanking the Lord." Glad he had the extra time on his hands to do so and thank you to the psychics on the Forum who "know" what he was thinking. Of course, doing so excuses anything he might have done wrong.

Can anyone say: "double standard?" Sure you can.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 12:13 (Ref:1246559)   #158
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The obvious difference being that neither DC or MW made contact and ended up out of the race, surely?

Webber doesn't mention the incident in his post race press release for Williams, do obviously didn't think it was a big deal.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 12:32 (Ref:1246579)   #159
SpawnyWhippet
Veteran

United Kingdom
Singapore
SpawnyWhippet has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSSC
Interesting.

Michael does something and he is villified.

DC does the same thing and he was "busy thanking the Lord." Glad he had the extra time on his hands to do so and thank you to the psychics on the Forum who "know" what he was thinking. Of course, doing so excuses anything he might have done wrong.

Can anyone say: "double standard?" Sure you can.
I think another difference here is that MS has a long established track record for this sort of activity, not least with Damon Hill.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 12:39 (Ref:1246587)   #160
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I haven't seen the incident with DC and Webber, so I can't judge on that.
But if I have to go by what has been said here, I think DC is at least equally responsible for that incident as Michael is for his incident with Nick...

Only difference is that Michael's incident had much worse consequences for him and Nick than DC's incident with Mark...

Jeez, way too much incidents in one race and post...

Last edited by ASCII Man; 8 Mar 2005 at 12:47.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 13:00 (Ref:1246616)   #161
dcp2685
Veteran

dcp2685 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man
I haven't seen the incident with DC and Webber, so I can't judge on that.
But if I have to go by what has been said here, I think DC is at least equally responsible for that incident as Michael is for his incident with Nick...

Only difference is that Michael's incident had much worse consequences for him and Nick than DC's incident with Mark...

Jeez, way too much incidents in one race and post...
I haven't seen the incident with Webber either but I did hear about it. What I will say is that DC didn't put either of them out of the race. They both worked to avoid the accident. On another note from what I understand DC actually tooka moment to apologize to Mark after the race. Where was the apology from Micheal?

Just looking at some news, while i don't know the nature of the entire article i found this quite amusing.

Apparently his own country doesn't think to highly of his on-track antics either. Go Figure.

http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=79177

Last edited by dcp2685; 8 Mar 2005 at 13:04.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 13:16 (Ref:1246633)   #162
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andydickens
I think another difference here is that MS has a long established track record for this sort of activity, not least with Damon Hill.
ditto.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 14:32 (Ref:1246702)   #163
mp356a
Veteran

United States
SE PA USA
mp356a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed
ditto.
double ditto and.............

Look at the post race comments and reactions from the four drivers in both cases.
One classy and sportsman-like, the other not. You pick.

Mike
Old 8 Mar 2005, 14:48 (Ref:1246713)   #164
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Oh my Gosh! I forgot about the Incident With Damon!

It is never mentioned on the Forum ever! Why, I had nearly forgotten about it!

Not.

Is there even a remote possibility that a racing incident could be reviewed in the context of the incident itself rather than a perception based seemingly on the accumulation of "evidence" to support a conclusion made about a driver before the evidence was reviewed?

If JPM does this sort of thing, he being aggressive. If DC does it, he was praying and all is forgiven as he was being a "good sport." JV has been driving as essentially a rolling roadblock and he is "getting used to F1 again." Michael sneezes and it is evidence of the far-flung Ferrari/FIA/Max Mosley/Jean Todt plan for world domination as Michael is now intentionally spreading a virus.

As far as the post-race comments "...from the four drivers in both cases. One classy and sportsman-like, the other not. You pick." What about the other two? Or, is it more like one is German and the other not? It seems clear that the "problem" is nationality based more than anything else.

Last edited by JohnSSC; 8 Mar 2005 at 14:49.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 14:49 (Ref:1246716)   #165
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not really, I couldn't care less about Great Britain and Germany...

Last edited by ASCII Man; 8 Mar 2005 at 14:51.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 14:54 (Ref:1246719)   #166
fog_shadow
Racer

fog_shadow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcp2685
Just looking at some news, while i don't know the nature of the entire article i found this quite amusing.

Apparently his own country doesn't think to highly of his on-track antics either. Go Figure.

http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=79177

and this is relevent how?

those who feel that the incident was a result of a delibrate move by michael, are really expressing a figment of their imagination unless of course they have the ability to read minds.

i guess if you hate the guy for reasons best known to you, the facts will be irelevent. it'll always be michaels fault. global warming, blame it on MS. the tsunami, blame that on michael as well, landslides, cyclones, earthquakes ..... take your pick, it was michaels fault.

shadow
Old 8 Mar 2005, 14:56 (Ref:1246721)   #167
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
We don't need to bring nationality in to argument, it has nothing to do with it IMO.

I think we are close to exhausting this topic for now, unless anyone has anything new to add?
Old 8 Mar 2005, 14:59 (Ref:1246722)   #168
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Quote:
Originally Posted by fog_shadow
and this is relevent how?

those who feel that the incident was a result of a delibrate move by michael, are really expressing a figment of their imagination unless of course they have the ability to read minds.

i guess if you hate the guy for reasons best known to you, the facts will be irelevent. it'll always be michaels fault. global warming, blame it on MS. the tsunami, blame that on michael as well, landslides, cyclones, earthquakes ..... take your pick, it was michaels fault.

shadow
I'll take that as a 'no' then..

Closed.