Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 6 Dec 2006, 23:13 (Ref:1783694)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Dijon

Has anyone been to Dijon? What is it like? Can you visit it on a non-racing day?

It has a website: http://www.circuit-dijon-prenois.com
which includes a fun video lap. However my French is poor

It seems very easy to find: Map

It strikes me that it was the poor relation in the circuits that hosted the French GP, not having the cachet of a Reims or a Rouen.
Old 7 Dec 2006, 00:28 (Ref:1783724)   #2
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
yes we raced there in October with FISC - brilliant circuit, demanding with a selection of both technical and ballsy corners. Dunno what goes on in the week, probably like most circuits, race school, some test sessions etc. And of course in contrast to Reims and Rouen which are no more...
Old 7 Dec 2006, 08:29 (Ref:1783837)   #3
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Adam, Dijon is marvelous,the pit straight goes on forever then into a fairly sharp right,onto various left /right sequence.Its quite undulating along this section,then there is a quite severe dip at the braking point for the 90 left drop,a quick squirt down hill then its a 90 right uphill ,blind brow and sharp left fairly gentle left then down hill into open right get onto the gas asap because of steep uphill leading back to the pit straight. Unfortunatly its been 4yrs since I last raced there ,but hopefully a return is on the cards 07,Hopefully it has,nt changd.Go,enjoy.
Old 7 Dec 2006, 10:31 (Ref:1783936)   #4
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
TB said 'get onto the gas asap because of steep uphill leading back to the pit straight.'
but not too asap in the wet, or you can end up in the armco - guess how I know, d'oh.
Old 7 Dec 2006, 10:55 (Ref:1783953)   #5
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Terence & David undersold it. Good overtaking points, bits of bravery and no fiddly 2nd gear work. Straight is a bit of a bore in an underpowered car. Tricky downhill double right hander before the straight is a good overtaking spot and where all the time is made - don't drift on the kerbs on the first or somone nips up the inside in the second and hangs you out to dry before the straight ;-)

A great circuit, one of my faves. Average speed in a "standard" 1300 Midget is something over the UK legal limit so it can be quick.
Old 7 Dec 2006, 13:52 (Ref:1784137)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks guys, my impression was more of a Club circuit now, but it sounds great. I have no plans to race there, unfortunately, but will be passing on a road trip and considered calling in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman
A great circuit, one of my faves. Average speed in a "standard" 1300 Midget is something over the UK legal limit so it can be quick.
My average speeds hardly change, whatever circuit they are on. I must check this, but I think from Anglesey to Spa there is only a 10mph range!

That start finish straight should get most things near their terminal velocity I guess.
Old 7 Dec 2006, 19:37 (Ref:1784381)   #7
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Adam ,do you have somewhere to stay in the Dijon area??
Old 7 Dec 2006, 19:50 (Ref:1784401)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
All my hotels are booked, I am not staying in Dijon though, just passing through.
Old 7 Dec 2006, 20:02 (Ref:1784414)   #9
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Its only because I found a really excellent Hotel,its only 15mins from the cirquit,and the rates dont go up when the cirquits in use.
Old 7 Dec 2006, 21:41 (Ref:1784481)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Silly people

It sounds good. Thanks for the offer. I'll be in a different country by the end of the day though.
Old 9 Dec 2006, 14:41 (Ref:1785864)   #11
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Terence where's that then? Last couple of years we've taken a cottage 'bout 5 miles away for a week, but can't always do that
Old 9 Dec 2006, 15:25 (Ref:1785885)   #12
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Right,now keep this to yourself,Its not for everone to know! Chateauneuf-en Auxois.info@hostellerie-chateauneuf.com. Do not,I repeat, Do not check out the wine list or sample any of them [They probably have one of the best wine /champange caves in that part of LA Francaise]They have some excellent apartments/rooms etc and most of the staff speak Le Anglaise.
Old 9 Dec 2006, 16:46 (Ref:1785910)   #13
Randy
Rookie

United Kingdom
Henley on Thames
Randy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dijon is one of the very best tracks. Well worth a visit.
Old 10 Dec 2006, 00:08 (Ref:1786092)   #14
Simon Mason
Rookie

Ireland
Northampton
Simon Mason should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Totaly agree Dijon is one of the finest circuits in Europe. Long duration fast corners nearly all of which are on or under a hill so its very flowing. They have a decent out door kart track there as well which is open most days.

Its not easy to find though.... sort of hidden in the middle of nowhere unless you come directly from Dijon.

Worth a look if only to see how long the main straight and how up and down it is.
Old 10 Dec 2006, 12:31 (Ref:1786775)   #15
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Agree on that Simon, I think a common mistake is in not looking for Prenois.
Old 11 Dec 2006, 18:39 (Ref:1788206)   #16
midgetman
Veteran

Defin8ly kept sous mon chapeau, mon ami. Looks good, and not expensive either. I promise I won't sample the wines, not a drop will touch my lips. (I'll just pour it straight down)

Simon, believe me in a 1300 A-Series the main straight's all uphill :-)
Old 11 Dec 2006, 20:50 (Ref:1788297)   #17
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
When you go,I would try for one of the appartments,as you come out of the appartment block,turn right up the hill towards an old stone wall,when you get to the wall ,turn left to the end of a gravel path,its worth a look.