Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 24 Sep 2003, 12:56 (Ref:728688)   #1
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pedro Rodriguez

autosport.com's Ask Nigel this week got me to thinking is there a biography out there of Pedro Rodriquez?
Old 24 Sep 2003, 18:33 (Ref:728986)   #2
Jeremy Jackson
Veteran

Jeremy Jackson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not yet, but there's been one in progress by Carlos Joliffe (think I've got his surname right) for some time. Not sure what current progress is.
Old 25 Sep 2003, 16:33 (Ref:729884)   #3
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There should certainly be one - it'd be great. Pedro is one of my favourites, especially as he used to be rather quick in a certain German Sports-Racer....
Old 25 Sep 2003, 19:50 (Ref:730070)   #4
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wonder what that was then!!!
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 26 Sep 2003, 06:52 (Ref:730470)   #5
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My hunting around on the web has found that Ed McDonough seems to be in the process of writing a biography about the Rodriguez brothers...if its as good as his Sharknose 156 book It'll be great...though looking at his amazon.co.uk he appears to have a Vanwall book due for imminent release (November) so we're probably looking at another year or two yet
Old 18 Oct 2003, 13:32 (Ref:755068)   #6
edmcd
Rookie

edmcd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pedro Rodriguez

I have been notified about reference to me by a friend. I do not spend a lot of time in these groups, not because there aren't very knowledgeable people, but because there can be limted monitoring of content.

I have been researching the Rodriguez brothers story since 1996, went to Mexico City in 1997, met the surviving brother, and many old friends. I was able to re-photograph some pictures of the brothers racing an Alfa. A story later appeared in Classic and Sports Car about me and my Alfa Giulietta and I said I thought I might paint it blue because one of the Rodriguez cars was blue-source was Moises Solana's brother. Carlos was one of the people who wrote to C&SC saying they never raced a Giulietta, or never a blue one. He also said he was the expert on the brothers, though no one I ever met in connection with the story had ever heard of him. He has also, allegedly, been writing a book, and people in the UK have contacted me to say that he was trying to get them to write the story for him, and send photos, etc.

I go to this detail because I am a journalist writing some books, and depend on good will for peoples' contribution to stories and to buy books.

Thanks
Ed McDonough
Old 18 Oct 2003, 14:13 (Ref:755104)   #7
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Moderator's note

I have removed a couple of posts from this thread as they reproduced unsubstantiated opinion which would have been damaging to the reputation of a respected member of our forum.

Please be very cautious when committing hearsay to record as 10-Tenths is not immune from prosecution should libel be committed, however inadvertent.

Thank you.

Old 18 Oct 2003, 14:18 (Ref:755106)   #8
Jeremy Jackson
Veteran

Jeremy Jackson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tim,

I apologize for the post that caused the problem, and I've also apologized by e-mail to the member concerned.

I also apologize for my ignorance of the situation that was mentioned, it was rather stupid of me to reproduce the comments here
Old 18 Oct 2003, 14:46 (Ref:755117)   #9
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks for replying Jeremy. I think all is sorted out now.

I have to say, the Rodriguez brothers are very much enigmas to me and so I'm looking forward to a good and erudite book to steer me through the story. I think Ed is well qualified to be the man to do it. Anyone who could unravel the Ferrari 512M/S story in Vintage Racecar Journal so succinctly is going to be well up to the task!

Good to have you aboard Ed!
Old 18 Oct 2003, 15:52 (Ref:755172)   #10
edmcd
Rookie

edmcd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pedro Rodriguez

Tim D, Jeremy 7 others:
Thanks for the rapid attention to my post, and for the apology and kind comments. I guess this means I will have to spend more time here.....though I should be writing!
Ed McDonough
Old 18 Oct 2003, 18:39 (Ref:755294)   #11
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good to have you on board!

Hopefully we'll see more of you!