Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 2 Apr 2010, 15:46 (Ref:2665472)   #1
rayburn
Racer

United Kingdom
rayburn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
British GT - Oulton Park Sat Timetable?

Does anyone have details of the timetable at Oulton Park Saturday April 3rd? I can only find details of the Monday timetable on the website, and I am hoping to go tomorrow, and would like to know what's on and when!

Thanks.
Old 2 Apr 2010, 16:06 (Ref:2665476)   #2
lucky scarf
Rookie

Wales
Kinmel Bay
lucky scarf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is a similar thread on the F3 section

The following link has the current timetable for both Saturday and Monday

http://www.tsl-timing.com/timetables/2010/101305.pdf
Old 2 Apr 2010, 19:30 (Ref:2665562)   #3
rayburn
Racer

United Kingdom
Thanks for that, just what I was looking for. I never thought to look in the F3 forum!
Old 3 Apr 2010, 21:50 (Ref:2666165)   #4
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Hope you weren't going for the Viper...
Old 4 Apr 2010, 05:28 (Ref:2666250)   #5
Matthews Dad
Veteran

England
Northwich
Matthews Dad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Hope you weren't going for the Viper...

Did not think it was too badly damaged, although wasnt steering when we were trying to recover it unless you know more, but it did make a mess of the barrier
Old 4 Apr 2010, 12:03 (Ref:2666550)   #6
rayburn
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthews Dad View Post
Did not think it was too badly damaged, although wasnt steering when we were trying to recover it unless you know more, but it did make a mess of the barrier
Remarkably light visible damage, not sure what mechanical damage there was though. As you say, a very hefty thump into the barrier which raised a cloud of dust and debris. I do have a photo or two of the damage, as I was in the paddock when they recovered it.
Old 4 Apr 2010, 17:13 (Ref:2666705)   #7
Matthews Dad
Veteran

England
Northwich
Matthews Dad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayburn View Post
Remarkably light visible damage, not sure what mechanical damage there was though. As you say, a very hefty thump into the barrier which raised a cloud of dust and debris. I do have a photo or two of the damage, as I was in the paddock when they recovered it.

It raised (or flattened) a bit more than a cloud of dust and debris as there was significant damage to the barrier resulting in the red flag whilst it was repaired and proved the points in marshals training of not standing too near the barrier

Hope to see the Viper out tomorrow though as they will have had all day today to repair
Old 4 Apr 2010, 19:51 (Ref:2666770)   #8
rayburn
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthews Dad View Post
It raised (or flattened) a bit more than a cloud of dust and debris as there was significant damage to the barrier resulting in the red flag whilst it was repaired and proved the points in marshals training of not standing too near the barrier

Hope to see the Viper out tomorrow though as they will have had all day today to repair
Yes, I saw the barrier damage afterwards, the cloud of dust was what I saw from the paddock! Do hope they get it running for tomorrow though.
Old 5 Apr 2010, 09:34 (Ref:2666984)   #9
pericu
Racer

pericu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there any stream for race live? I want to see Siso Cunill with Porsche 911R (Trackspeed of David Ashburn)
Old 5 Apr 2010, 09:56 (Ref:2666994)   #10
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can't imagine there will be any video stream, but I am using Brit GT to practice my commentary so audio will be availible for both races live at www.justin.tv/raceradio

WARNING - do not expect anything special.
Old 5 Apr 2010, 12:17 (Ref:2667064)   #11
pericu
Racer

pericu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
I can't imagine there will be any video stream, but I am using Brit GT to practice my commentary so audio will be availible for both races live at www.justin.tv/raceradio

WARNING - do not expect anything special.
Thanks a lot, it was a perfect complementary to livetiming. Are you the commentator? Great job. I will hear it for second race.

Do you know what happen with Cunill? He was doing an excelent race, he was 2n at 5min to go, but finally was 5th.
Old 5 Apr 2010, 14:04 (Ref:2667094)   #12
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pericu View Post
Are you the commentator?
Haha, no, thanks for the compliments - I am just starting up trying to get into the commentary business so to get some practice in I am feebly trying to set up a (very) low-rent radio le mans type thing.

Nothing in particular reported to me on Cunhill, but have found out that the winning Mtech Ferrari was limping at the end due to a broken exhaust & as suspected, the Jones's Ascari had to retire after thumping the wall.
Shame to see the Xbow lose out in G4, but a 2nd place was still a good result.

next race in an hour & a half - I will be back online about 5-10 minutes before the start.
Old 5 Apr 2010, 20:54 (Ref:2667322)   #13
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pericu View Post
Do you know what happen with Cunill? He was doing an excelent race, he was 2n at 5min to go, but finally was 5th.
He was low on fuel - in fact it ran out completely at Shell on the slowing-down lap, so if the race had been one lap longer he wouldn't have finished!
Old 6 Apr 2010, 06:57 (Ref:2667441)   #14
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
Shame to see the Xbow lose out in G4, but a 2nd place was still a good result.
Personally, I think they were sandbagging as they were night & day quicker than the other G4 cars in Practice.

The Lotus did well, though, with 2 third places. Christian Dick & Jamie Stanley are a very well matched driver pairing in G4.
Old 6 Apr 2010, 07:44 (Ref:2667450)   #15
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Personally, I think they were sandbagging as they were night & day quicker than the other G4 cars in Practice.

The Lotus did well, though, with 2 third places. Christian Dick & Jamie Stanley are a very well matched driver pairing in G4.
Looking at the times, both overall and sector times, I'd say that SRO need to look at the XBow again. If they can give the Lotus some "help" it would level the field to make G4 quite exciting. Right now the XBow is about three seconds a lap quicker (around Oulton), and the Ginettas about one and a half seconds quicker than the Lotus.
Old 6 Apr 2010, 23:37 (Ref:2667997)   #16
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Me and my brother went and had an excellent day - first time we'd seen GTs in action, but I must say my star of the show was the VW Caddy Van lol - hats off to that guy!
Old 7 Apr 2010, 08:50 (Ref:2668111)   #17
rayburn
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrogothicus View Post
Me and my brother went and had an excellent day - first time we'd seen GTs in action, but I must say my star of the show was the VW Caddy Van lol - hats off to that guy!
Glad you had a good day, and hope that now you've seen GT's in action you'll want to see them again - I find them peculiarly addictive!