Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 22 Aug 2018, 16:01 (Ref:3845408)   #51
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
If anyone is looking for the replay upload on Youtube, it was yesterday uploaded but removed due an issue.

It is here though: https://imsatv.imsa.com/video/082018...race-broadcast
Old 23 Aug 2018, 08:25 (Ref:3845504)   #52
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
If anyone is looking for the replay upload on Youtube, it was yesterday uploaded but removed due an issue.

It is here though: https://imsatv.imsa.com/video/082018...race-broadcast

It's on Youtube for me at the moment - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_gjBheLQVo
Old 23 Aug 2018, 16:29 (Ref:3845586)   #53
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
Got back to the house last night.

WRS, I spent roughly the last 20 minutes in the bleacher there watching the Roller Coaster and the guys dropping down to Hog Pen. I also spent a good part of the Prototype Challenge race there; I've never seen so many cars come off the road in my life as I did watching them come into the right-hander at the top of the hill in the rain Saturday evening.

It was a little tough for me to follow some of the stuff. The cars with liveries that maybe don't stand out quite as much can be a bit tough to identify. It gets even harder when they're all clumped together so the engine notes are all mashed up as one.

I had a really good time. I will say, there are a few places I wish spectators could get to, or get closer to. I also think that zone by the Roller Coast could do with an extra PA speaker or two, and maybe a video screen somewhere there.

Nice! I was just up the hill from there, with the big silver motor-toter Freightliner RV. (not mine, my bosses ) I totally agree that roller coaster and hog pen could use some more coverage with speakers and some kind of screen. It was a bit hard to follow; I was listening in to our next door campers who were streaming IMSA radio.

Agreed that the food there is pretty decent. Also there's a little taco trailer there for the IMSA races which is outstanding, and they're only$2 each. VIR is without a doubt, one of my favorite places ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregc View Post
It's on Youtube for me at the moment - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_gjBheLQVo

I have to say, re-watching the first bit of the race I'm surprised the 912 got the penalty with the contact made between it and the #4 Corvette. Tommy bumped Bamber going through 4-5 on that same lap, then finished it off on the back stretch. At best I would think it would have been an NFA call.