Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 16 Sep 2016, 16:34 (Ref:3672806)   #1
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Cota 2016

I thought we might need a race thread for this one. It is the last combined weekend for WEC and IMSA cars. An end of an era you might say.

Qualifying is in a few hours time and the Mazda (70 car) has thrown down the fastest laps thus far. In GT the Risi Ferrari led the final practice and the Magnus car paced GTD.
Old 16 Sep 2016, 16:42 (Ref:3672808)   #2
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I thought we might need a race thread for this one. It is the last combined weekend for WEC and IMSA cars. An end of an era you might say.

Qualifying is in a few hours time and the Mazda (70 car) has thrown down the fastest laps thus far. In GT the Risi Ferrari led the final practice and the Magnus car paced GTD.
I hope GTLM pole can get into the 2 min 02 bracket. For the race itself, it would be nice to see somebody other than Corvette or Ford win. I'll be cheering for Ford in the WEC race though.

You think Mazda can pull off a win this time?......thinking.......NAAHHH!
Old 16 Sep 2016, 20:45 (Ref:3672855)   #3
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's time for qualifying, GTD is up first. The class record should be easily beat by all the GT3 cars.
Old 16 Sep 2016, 21:31 (Ref:3672865)   #4
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Quite a bit warmer this afternoon, so the morning times have been out of reach in the GT classes.

#23 on pole in GTD with a 2:08.5.
#67 on pole in GTLM at a 2:04.1.

The Porsche GT3 doesn't seem to be out of it, at least on one-lap pace.
Old 16 Sep 2016, 22:15 (Ref:3672874)   #5
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Excellent lap from Ricky Taylor, 1:58.712 to take pole from Nunez by 0.003 seconds.
Old 16 Sep 2016, 22:15 (Ref:3672875)   #6
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Qualifying has been great. I hope the cars race as well.
Old 16 Sep 2016, 23:40 (Ref:3672904)   #7
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Excellent lap from Ricky Taylor, 1:58.712 to take pole from Nunez by 0.003 seconds.
What does that translate into distance? A few cm? Pretty close stuff! Ricky has been good on starts this year so he should be able to take the start. I know people like to bash the track but the uphill to the first turn is a great start to watch.
Old 17 Sep 2016, 13:03 (Ref:3673021)   #8
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
What does that translate into distance? A few cm? Pretty close stuff! Ricky has been good on starts this year so he should be able to take the start. I know people like to bash the track but the uphill to the first turn is a great start to watch.
At 150mph, 0.003 is around 20cm.
Old 17 Sep 2016, 13:27 (Ref:3673023)   #9
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
At an average lap speed of 103.925mph, the distance at the line would be 13.9cm.

Ricky has improved his consistency quite a bit this year; he's had speed to match Jordan at times, but recently he's shown it much more often (at Belle Isle in particular I think?)
Old 17 Sep 2016, 15:38 (Ref:3673060)   #10
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Also worth pointing out that at 103.925mph, 13.9cm is 5.47 inches.
Old 17 Sep 2016, 16:20 (Ref:3673076)   #11
MaskedRacer
Veteran

If you think about the rumors that are going this might the last IMSA race with no ESM involved in it. I wonder how the crowd is COTA right now.
Old 17 Sep 2016, 16:46 (Ref:3673085)   #12
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Also worth pointing out that at 103.925mph, 13.9cm is 5.47 inches.
does the amount of inches that equals 13.9 cm change depending on the speed?
Old 17 Sep 2016, 16:48 (Ref:3673087)   #13
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
VLC link?
Old 17 Sep 2016, 17:00 (Ref:3673096)   #14
MaskedRacer
Veteran

With the behavior of the Action Express guys, the Taylor Corvette might be the only thing running in between Mazda and overall victory.

Also good to see Ferrari vs Porsche for the lead right now as supposed to the usual Corvette vs Ford. BMW...wow what a disappointment. Would not mind a FCY before the overall leader laps the GTLM leader but if that does not happen..go green the rest of the way!
Old 17 Sep 2016, 17:12 (Ref:3673100)   #15
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
#90 stopped on the back straight, FCY.

Even if it wasn't Goosen's fault, why am I not surprised?

Last edited by J Jay; 17 Sep 2016 at 17:19.
Old 17 Sep 2016, 17:17 (Ref:3673101)   #16
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why can't they just use a quick FCY? Now all the hassle with wave bys and pit stops and they waste forever to get this all done. Seems stupid.
Old 17 Sep 2016, 17:24 (Ref:3673102)   #17
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzeiTzei View Post
Why can't they just use a quick FCY? Now all the hassle with wave bys and pit stops and they waste forever to get this all done. Seems stupid.
Yeah they really got to modify this stupid pit rules on these longer tracks. Maybe end proto and GT stopping on separate laps. But there are other suggestions too which I wont get into here.
Old 17 Sep 2016, 17:27 (Ref:3673103)   #18
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is ridiculous, so much racing time lost because a car needs towing.
Old 17 Sep 2016, 17:28 (Ref:3673105)   #19
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Old 17 Sep 2016, 17:29 (Ref:3673106)   #20
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Moment of the year
Old 17 Sep 2016, 17:30 (Ref:3673107)   #21
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Dare I ask, what did I just miss?
Old 17 Sep 2016, 17:32 (Ref:3673108)   #22
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Now I’ve seen everything...
Old 17 Sep 2016, 17:33 (Ref:3673109)   #23
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Look at this video: https://twitter.com/MichelinAlley/st...97966981345280
Old 17 Sep 2016, 17:34 (Ref:3673110)   #24
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
The adventures of John Pew.
Old 17 Sep 2016, 17:34 (Ref:3673111)   #25
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Let me put it to you this way: Sponsor sign 1, John Pew 0