Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 15 Feb 2020, 01:28 (Ref:3957665)   #251
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well thank the Lord I have Fox, because hell will freeze over before I watch / listen to Matt White and Kate Peck ( Peckstar ). Both just hopeless, if it's them of nothing the mute button will get a hammering. I don't know who the other guy is, but going by the comments another no-idea-about-motor-racing general network lacky.

Why do we get lumbered with this BS? No other sporting code does, they all get their experts / ex players etc etc. But motor racing gets stuck with any old peanut or eye candy ( except they usually aren't ) the network can round up.
Old 15 Feb 2020, 02:02 (Ref:3957667)   #252
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can’t wait for the dribbling to start, self promotion of their TV shows and self promotion of C grade celebs!

Perhaps Ten could organise a dancing with the stars, combined with Master Chef, combined with Big Brother reality show using Virgin Supercar drivers in the lead up to Bathurst!
Old 15 Feb 2020, 02:29 (Ref:3957670)   #253
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post
Well thank the Lord I have Fox, because hell will freeze over before I watch / listen to Matt White and Kate Peck ( Peckstar ). Both just hopeless, if it's them of nothing the mute button will get a hammering. I don't know who the other guy is, but going by the comments another no-idea-about-motor-racing general network lacky.

Why do we get lumbered with this BS? No other sporting code does, they all get their experts / ex players etc etc. But motor racing gets stuck with any old peanut or eye candy ( except they usually aren't ) the network can round up.
The Ten presenters are just fillers in between crossing to Crompton and Skaife for the races

Kate Peck has as much a clue about it all as Jessica Yates, so I don’t really see a difference there.
Old 15 Feb 2020, 05:19 (Ref:3957679)   #254
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jess is an extremely competent sports journalist who holds the whole thing together and stops the ex-drivers from running off the road . The likes of Skaife and Lowndes would be rudderless without her.
Kate Peck is a model who likes motorbikes but has a more polarizing and less professional presence.
The thing is 10 will look at the falling ratings for RPM and assume there is waning interest in motorsport.
A shame because RPM very early on had Briony who ticked the PC box of being a female face but was also devoted to the sport.
Woodsy by his own admission had little interest in the sport but was a professional who found interest in the personalities.
Haven't watched it in years.
Matt White has managed to con 10 then 7 and then 10 again that he is the face of the sport. He makes James Phelps look knowledgeable which is quite an achievement.
Old 15 Feb 2020, 14:51 (Ref:3957719)   #255
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
There aren’t any ex-drivers on the TEN Supercars coverage, so that can’t be why. It reads like TEN are just going to use Matt White, Kate Peck and Sam Mackinnen who are all employed for multiple roles at the network, whereas Noonan was just brought in for Supercars events, so sounds like simple cost cutting.....and like they aren’t investing in the coverage going forward.

Him playing no part in the Supercars Media produced TCR coverage on Ch7 is more intriguing. He has a relationship with Supercars Media via the stats he provides for their Supercars broadcasts for Foxtel & Ten, and Noonan has a seemingly great relationship with 7 through various programming after the end of their V8Supercars coverage in 2014.
Wasnt Tander part of the Ten coverage ?
Old 15 Feb 2020, 14:51 (Ref:3957720)   #256
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post

Agreed on the FOX Coverage

I have no idea what Kate Peck brings to Tens coverage. cringe !
Old 15 Feb 2020, 19:32 (Ref:3957752)   #257
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
She learnt everything right here hahahahaha
Old 15 Feb 2020, 19:34 (Ref:3957753)   #258
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please don't lose sight of the fact that Crompton, Skaife etc are all employed by Supercars TV NOT Ch 10
Old 16 Feb 2020, 01:30 (Ref:3957767)   #259
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
Please don't lose sight of the fact that Crompton, Skaife etc are all employed by Supercars TV NOT Ch 10
Exactly, the Supercars “commentators” are just PR mouthpieces for the series, they aren’t objective and therefore their commentary cannot be taken seriously m

Much better when the TV channels themselves did the production and chose the on-air talent and what was to be aired and discussed, not the series itself
Old 16 Feb 2020, 01:37 (Ref:3957768)   #260
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
She learnt everything right here hahahahaha
DId I miss the joke

was Peckstar here Kate Peck.......................noooooooooooooooooo ??????
Old 16 Feb 2020, 02:28 (Ref:3957771)   #261
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Exactly, the Supercars “commentators” are just PR mouthpieces for the series, they aren’t objective and therefore their commentary cannot be taken seriously m

Much better when the TV channels themselves did the production and chose the on-air talent and what was to be aired and discussed, not the series itself
Yeah let's get Darryl Eastlake, Doug Mulray and others like them back.

We should definitely get Crompton back if that is your criteria.

And anybody who thinks someone like Noonz is more impartial than the Supercars TV crew obviously didn't watch the TCR coverage,he blew the trumpet so hard I think he blew a gasket.

I always wished a professional caller like James Brayshaw would do motorsport, but I do think Noonz has that old school style that I like, and his background knowledge and statistics are off the chart. I would have him on every series I watch.
Old 16 Feb 2020, 06:05 (Ref:3957780)   #262
one five five
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Yeah let's get Darryl Eastlake, Doug Mulray and others like them back.

We should definitely get Crompton back if that is your criteria.

And anybody who thinks someone like Noonz is more impartial than the Supercars TV crew obviously didn't watch the TCR coverage,he blew the trumpet so hard I think he blew a gasket.

I always wished a professional caller like James Brayshaw would do motorsport, but I do think Noonz has that old school style that I like, and his background knowledge and statistics are off the chart. I would have him on every series I watch.
I never claimed Noonan was impartial on the TCR coverage, I don’t know who paid the TCR commentators though?

Eastlake and Mulray were at least impartial, they weren’t being paid by the category they were calling.
Old 16 Feb 2020, 12:40 (Ref:3957804)   #263
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am not sure words like James Brayshaw and professional belong in the same sentence
Old 17 Feb 2020, 04:10 (Ref:3957891)   #264
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
I am not sure words like James Brayshaw and professional belong in the same sentence
I reckon he is a great caller and is a professional in that he can provide analysis and commentary on both AFL and Cricket.

I guess he was a cricketer, and is an AFL club CEO

come to think of it, imagine if Roland Dane was in commentary ever week.

Supercars commentators are light years ahead of Eddie Everywhere...
Old 17 Feb 2020, 07:47 (Ref:3957918)   #265
DJRTP1217
Rookie

DJRTP1217 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The guys that do the 12 hour, and in addition, Matt Naulty, would absolutely nail the commentary team . . . informative, excitable, and non biased.
Old 17 Feb 2020, 08:09 (Ref:3957923)   #266
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJRTP1217 View Post
The guys that do the 12 hour, and in addition, Matt Naulty, would absolutely nail the commentary team . . . informative, excitable, and non biased.
If you mean Richard Crail then he has the advantage of being enthusiastic but his tiresome habit of describing every driver as a "superstar" or some other equally inane superlative is almost enough for this viewer to switch off.
Old 17 Feb 2020, 08:27 (Ref:3957927)   #267
one five five
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJRTP1217 View Post
12hrs commentators not biased????

Craill - media manager of the entire event
Hindy & Jonny Palmer - Radioshow is hired by Supercars Media to commentate on a Supercars Events organised race

Shea Adam is with Radioshow and Chad Neylon is with Supercars media

The impartial parts of the commentary on the 12hr telecast was Chris Stubbs, Mark Beretta and Charlie Robinson!!
Old 17 Feb 2020, 08:38 (Ref:3957932)   #268
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The uncertainty in the series past 2020 might make it hard to get what they might have wanted before today’s Holden announcement.
Old 17 Feb 2020, 13:07 (Ref:3958005)   #269
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
If you mean Richard Crail then he has the advantage of being enthusiastic but his tiresome habit of describing every driver as a "superstar" or some other equally inane superlative is almost enough for this viewer to switch off.
Spot on.

And the incessant references to Supercars and the Bathurst 1000 was tiresome. You had Matt Campbell and Van Gisburgen running nose to tail with 10mins left after 12 hours and Craill wants to wax lyrical about the time they raced a v8 car together?

And how many times did he roll out the “some guy called Lowndes, have you heard of him? I think he might be fast” or “some guy called Dixon, he might of won a few things, I’m not sure” “haha yeah the boys, did you see what I did there!” So tiresome and someone probably needs to deliver a quiet word to him ASAP. Or better yet get Noonan in there.

There real star of the commentary team was Johnny Palmer, well balanced, informative and not trying to pat himself on the back whilst commentating
Old 17 Feb 2020, 20:31 (Ref:3958065)   #270
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
More than any other sport motor racing has a problem with pr hype masquerading as commentary.I’m not sure if they realise that most of their audience sees through this and they all finish up with zero credibility.
An exception would be the Sky Sports F1 team that are not too timid to be critical where warranted.
Old 17 Feb 2020, 21:01 (Ref:3958068)   #271
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
12hrs commentators not biased????

Craill - media manager of the entire event
Hindy & Jonny Palmer - Radioshow is hired by Supercars Media to commentate on a Supercars Events organised race

Shea Adam is with Radioshow and Chad Neylon is with Supercars media

The impartial parts of the commentary on the 12hr telecast was Chris Stubbs, Mark Beretta and Charlie Robinson!!
But Charlie's fiancé was driving in the race!
Old 21 Feb 2020, 07:15 (Ref:3958921)   #272
Mixer
Veteran

https://www.channelnews.com.au/chann...ares-slump-17/

Ch10 owner CBS has an earnings slump, I can't see after the Holden withdrawal and the trouble in media land, that Supercars is going to get a big rights deal, or anybody else.

BBL might have got the last good one.
Old 21 Feb 2020, 08:24 (Ref:3958932)   #273
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It seems inevitable that the series is going to take a very cold bath on any future media rights, almost a perfect storm so to speak. I think this might be the reason they have made zero comment about any future plans because anything they say will further devalue the media rights.
Old 21 Feb 2020, 08:52 (Ref:3958937)   #274
Mixer
Veteran

So sell streaming direct. 79 bucks each all you can eat. No middleman
Old 21 Feb 2020, 10:24 (Ref:3958967)   #275
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
So sell streaming direct. 79 bucks each all you can eat. No middleman
Its called Foxtel