Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 22 Mar 2000, 19:17 (Ref:4790)   #1
Neil C
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Nations
People's Republic of Ann Arbor, Michigan
Neil C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The banner shows a T-shirt and cap w/ the 10/Tenths logo. Yet I can find no such merchandise anywhere in the "Shop".

Where are they? I like the cap.
Old 22 Mar 2000, 22:55 (Ref:4791)   #2
Invader
Veteran

Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Like a politician, I will answer you question with another question.
Can anyone who would definitely want to purchase a Ten-Tenths cap or T-shirt please post their wants on this thread.
Old 23 Mar 2000, 00:00 (Ref:4794)   #3
Toth
Racer

Toth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah I want stuff, shirts, caps etc. But I have no creditcard. If I can pay otherwise, I'll buy stuff.
Old 23 Mar 2000, 01:08 (Ref:4792)   #4
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I want a cap. And a t-shirt.
As long as I don't have to pay with a credit card. Because I don't have one. A credit card that is.
And I want a sticker with the URL of 10 Tenths to put on my car.
Old 23 Mar 2000, 05:11 (Ref:4793)   #5
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would love to buy some stuff, but once again i'm in Gerard's boat as far as payments would be involved. I am in the process of changing my wardrobe from a sports clothing one to a motoring one...
Old 23 Mar 2000, 13:53 (Ref:4795)   #6
Neil C
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Nations
People's Republic of Ann Arbor, Michigan
Neil C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would buy a cap. And unlike most of my creditable friends, I do have a credit card.

I suggest the web address be embroidered on the back of the cap. probably on the adjustment strap.
Old 23 Mar 2000, 14:24 (Ref:4796)   #7
Anakin
Rookie

Anakin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm with Neil. I'd like a cap (I do have a credit card) and I like the idea of spreading the URL around.
Old 23 Mar 2000, 18:59 (Ref:4797)   #8
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Two caps and one T-shirt. Do have a credit card and will have cash this weekend after Frenzy wins in Brazil (okay, stop laughing.)

Preferably before Le Mans, please. Thank you kindly.
Old 24 Mar 2000, 01:53 (Ref:4798)   #9
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
yep me too
Old 24 Mar 2000, 14:29 (Ref:4799)   #10
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's my hand up here in the back.
I'll take a cap and Tee.
Old 27 Mar 2000, 18:07 (Ref:4800)   #11
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ooh t-shirt please!
Old 27 Mar 2000, 18:34 (Ref:4801)   #12
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
erm... [where's that search button ?]... oh, here it is...
http://tentenths.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000062.html

Sorry folks. Sales of Peter's shirts haven't picked up, so i'm not going to risk getting lumbered with a pallet load of T's which no-one wants to buy!
Old 27 Mar 2000, 23:22 (Ref:4803)   #13
Toth
Racer

I would have bought some if I didn't have to pay with a credit card.
Old 28 Mar 2000, 00:54 (Ref:4802)   #14
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I ordered one of Peter's shirts a month ago and still haven't received it. Service like that I can get in any store in Canada.
Old 28 Mar 2000, 20:07 (Ref:4804)   #15
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Okay, there are so many people out there would like a t-shirt with "10/10ths" on it and it isn't happening.

Designing a t-shirt and getting it printed can be expensive in itself and I can understand the fact that Craig does not want to get lumbered with the cost if people aren't going to buy.

How about this. Those who want a 10/10ths t-shirt pay up front and then Craig gets the t-shirts and sends them out to us (obviously taking into account the cost of p&p). If he doesn't get enough interested, we get a refund and nobody loses out. What do ya think?

And for those that want to pay by cheque, can send it to my address (requested by email only) as I am in rented accomodation at the mo and won't be here forever. Feasible?
Old 29 Mar 2000, 00:24 (Ref:4805)   #16
Liz
Veteran

I'll go along with that, as long as I can have your name and a permanent address before I send you any money.
Old 29 Mar 2000, 04:13 (Ref:4806)   #17
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sounds fair to me, on Liz' terms.

Liz, I got my shirts pretty quickly from Iconic Memory, I think it was about a week. Peter C. was very friendly and chatty, and I got some rather nice Emails from him. Try Emailing for info, he may be able to track it down for you.
Old 30 Mar 2000, 04:57 (Ref:4807)   #18
Liz
Veteran

OK - I did get a notice today that my fabulous poster of GV (sponsor plug!) is on its way to me by Ground Vehicle of some sort. Forza Gilles! Quick and easy.
Old 30 Mar 2000, 22:21 (Ref:4808)   #19
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be quite happy to give you my home and work details to ensure that you trust me with the cheque. I will not even consider banking the cheques unless the production of the t-shirts were to go ahead.

Anyone else interested?

Craig? Time to find out the price of producing some 10/10ths t-shirts to see how many you would need interested?
Old 30 Mar 2000, 23:15 (Ref:4809)   #20
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm interested!
Old 31 Mar 2000, 01:22 (Ref:4810)   #21
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't mind a Ten Tenths Polo shirt as long as isn't Grey and Wedgewood Blue with Yellow stitching!

Seriuosly fellow BB'er's. Where do I send my cheque...?
Old 31 Mar 2000, 10:46 (Ref:4811)   #22
Toth
Racer

Count me in.
Old 1 Apr 2000, 22:11 (Ref:4812)   #23
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks for the interest folks but, as stated elsewhere, we will not be offering any 10 Tenths merchandise for sale until it is commercially viable. Judging by the response to the various promotions which we have run in the past, it would not be at this time. It doesn't matter how many people say, 'ooh, that's a nice idea, put me down for three', what matters is how many people cough up the cash.

As i've also said in the past, we will reconsider our position in this matter at a later date and, if it can be proved to us that this is a viable opportunity, we will gladly exploit it. Until then...
Old 2 Apr 2000, 02:23 (Ref:4813)   #24
Liz
Veteran

But how can you prove it until you have tried it and see if it is or not? That is not a Smart Remark - it's just honest puzzlement. :confused:
Old 2 Apr 2000, 08:39 (Ref:4814)   #25
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Because, as I am the management, I am allowed to make decisions which may appear crazy, foolish, or plain daft to the outsider - it's a perk of the job

Seriously, for the time being, I have made my decision. This doesn't mean that I will not revise this decision at some point in the future, if circumstances change but, jedging from my experience in running this site for the past two years, this would not be a sensible venture to undertake at this time.

However, maybe now is a good time to run a little survey amongst all these interested parties to see how much they would be prepared to pay for a T shirt if and when we found a solution ? Let us know folks, and we'll see what we can suss out.