Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 5 Apr 2007, 22:50 (Ref:1884511)   #1
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Francesca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Slot cars: Scalextric V TCR

I remember having both when i was younger but TCR always held our attention longer....the jam car was cool and being able to switch lanes was just genius...and the cars stay on the tarck!

Unfortunately like the old betamax v VHS fight, the best lost out and Scalextric become a best seller.

Well I've just bought a TCR set on ebay and am looking forward to pulling the trigger on that control and zooming round the jam car, my back wheels swinging out as I go sliding round a corner. try that on your Scalextric!

Anyone else got fond memories of TCR?
Old 5 Apr 2007, 23:01 (Ref:1884521)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Scalextric demands far more skill!
Old 5 Apr 2007, 23:29 (Ref:1884540)   #3
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
My first Scalextric was the Walter Wolf Race Set.

Christ I'm old
Old 6 Apr 2007, 09:38 (Ref:1884759)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mine was the Cooper Climax.
Old 6 Apr 2007, 11:44 (Ref:1884842)   #5
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Mine was the Flintstones.
Old 6 Apr 2007, 12:22 (Ref:1884866)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Anyway TCR is for girls oh wait!
Old 6 Apr 2007, 14:18 (Ref:1884925)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My first Scalextric was a Mini Metro one, must have been the eighties when I got it (that makes me feel very old somehow!).

I got another in the mid nineties, a touring car set with a Paul Radisich Ford Mondeo and a Johnny Cecotto BMW I think.

Then I went mad and got some F1 cars and all sorts of crazy accessories and then it all went in the loft and got wrecked.

Damnit, I need a Scalextric now!
Old 6 Apr 2007, 16:27 (Ref:1884987)   #8
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca
Well I've just bought a TCR set on ebay and am looking forward to pulling the trigger on that control and zooming round the jam car, my back wheels swinging out as I go sliding round a corner. try that on your Scalextric!
Er, you can do that with Scalextric too.
Old 6 Apr 2007, 16:39 (Ref:1884996)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

[anorak]You could get cars that stayed on the track anyways. I had a Silk Cut Jag (I think) that had a fully rotating slot blade. You could achieve crazy speeds round the corners. [/anorak]
Old 6 Apr 2007, 19:51 (Ref:1885097)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Magnetraction. Shouldn't this be in Armchair. Or in this case crawling on the floor?
Old 6 Apr 2007, 20:29 (Ref:1885119)   #11
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bought a micro Scalextric for my 4yr old at Christmas. Already he has the makings of a SaxMax driver......off into the barrier at first corner every time and then blames someone else for punting him off!
Old 7 Apr 2007, 09:28 (Ref:1885334)   #12
F.O.F.
TeaTotal
Racer

Ireland
dublin
F.O.F. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
...the jam car was cool and being able to switch lanes was just genius..
you can do that with scalextric now aswell
i never had TCR but i dont really care cause scalextric rules!
Old 7 Apr 2007, 09:32 (Ref:1885337)   #13
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Unfortunately like the old betamax v VHS fight, the best lost out and Scalextric become a best seller.
No, VHS and Beta were the same era, Scalex existed 30 years before TCR and was a best seller decades before TCR was dreamt up.
Old 7 Apr 2007, 14:20 (Ref:1885440)   #14
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Francesca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
pardon me for not showing my age!
Old 22 Jul 2007, 14:32 (Ref:1970072)   #15
Abbie44
Rookie

United Kingdom
East Riding of Yorkshire
Abbie44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
why does everyone continue to diss saxmax? its no different to stock hatch.
Old 22 Jul 2007, 16:11 (Ref:1970204)   #16
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Huh?

Are you a Sax Max driver? If you are then you obviously display all the skills of being in the right place at the right time.

Wrong forum.
Old 22 Jul 2007, 17:54 (Ref:1970325)   #17
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My first scalextric set was the red and blue mini metro set. Then me and and my dad started to collect it, and had loads of stuff including the old pit lane piece, then we gradually stopped playing it and my dad sold most of it. I wish we had it all back now

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 22 Jul 2007, 19:02 (Ref:1970399)   #18
Abbie44
Rookie

United Kingdom
East Riding of Yorkshire
Abbie44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Huh?

Are you a Sax Max driver? If you are then you obviously display all the skills of being in the right place at the right time.

Wrong forum.
haha, i've been working on that skill for a while now
Old 22 Jul 2007, 19:20 (Ref:1970419)   #19
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
kelvin88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had a TCR set and the switching lane thing was fine except the outside err.. grove was faster than the inside one so the option for actually passing anyone was voided. Naa, Scalextric was better. My first set was Stockcars. Stick Shifter and Fender Bender i beleive were there names! lol!