Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 23 Aug 2019, 19:28 (Ref:3923904)   #101
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So far it seems as if

Spec P2
2x High Class Dallara
1x Carlin Dallara
1x Panis-Barthez Onroak
1x Inter Onroak
1x Eurasia Onroak (second possible)

Non-Spec P2
1x APR Onroak-Judd
1x Panis-Barthez Onroak-Judd
1-?x RWR Onroak-TBA
1x RLR Oreca-Nissan
1x? Inter TBA-TBA

So I guess it seems that the Realm of Oreca does not extend to Asia in the spec class, and in the non-spec side Judd still shines

Last edited by Deleted; 23 Aug 2019 at 19:35.
Old 24 Aug 2019, 09:37 (Ref:3923978)   #102
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Most of the cars in AsLMS are second hand. These are the cars that were sold by other teams when they bought orecas.
Old 25 Aug 2019, 21:59 (Ref:3924177)   #103
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
But even teams that have canned their non-Orecas in favor of Orecas are here with non-Orecas. Like High Class, they didn't have to bring old ditched Dallaras here, but they did
Old 26 Aug 2019, 05:07 (Ref:3924194)   #104
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Using the old car for AsLMS means you don’t have to ship it back and fourth. If they want to use the Oreca then it’ll be running between WEC/ELMS events. That might just be logistics.

Also, no need to bring s gun to a knife fight I suppose. It’s not like the competition level is as high as ELMS or WEC.
Old 26 Aug 2019, 06:28 (Ref:3924196)   #105
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
So far it seems as if

Spec P2
2x High Class Dallara
1x Carlin Dallara
1x Panis-Barthez Onroak
1x Inter Onroak
1x Eurasia Onroak (second possible)

Non-Spec P2
1x APR Onroak-Judd
1x Panis-Barthez Onroak-Judd
1-?x RWR Onroak-TBA
1x RLR Oreca-Nissan
1x? Inter TBA-TBA

So I guess it seems that the Realm of Oreca does not extend to Asia in the spec class, and in the non-spec side Judd still shines

Already booked my accommodation for the Bend event.

So ATM 11 P2 cars but how many P3?

Seems several Teams have bought the new gen P3 cars and will run plus how many GT cars and can Australian GT or non Series regulars run in this event?

Should be good and unique for Australia.
Old 27 Aug 2019, 10:53 (Ref:3924322)   #106
Deleted
Veteran

I wouldn't trust on the P2 numbers yet, and they are effectively 2 different classes too

Anything other than usual Onroak-Norma rundown in P3 would be nice but wouldn't hold breath on that one

And yes obviously anyone from Aussie circles can join as long as their equipment is homologated
Old 18 Sep 2019, 08:30 (Ref:3928648)   #107
Deleted
Veteran

The NASCAR project is materializing indeed
https://www.lemans.org/en/news/asian...erodrome/52744
Old 25 Oct 2019, 11:52 (Ref:3936692)   #108
Deleted
Veteran

Not too long for the opener. I am actually quite looking forward to the first two events, more than any other sportscar series at the moment (with the exception of MEL, if I could actually watch it). The second round is obvious, because of the two decade gap since last ACO cars visit to Australia, but also Shanghai since this will be the very first time to see how the two generations of P2 play together. Plus on top of course the unbopped engine competition in "AM" between Nissan and Judd (theoretically others too) which you can't see anywhere else anymore
Old 25 Oct 2019, 15:58 (Ref:3936735)   #109
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Not too long for the opener. I am actually quite looking forward to the first two events, more than any other sportscar series at the moment (with the exception of MEL, if I could actually watch it). The second round is obvious, because of the two decade gap since last ACO cars visit to Australia, but also Shanghai since this will be the very first time to see how the two generations of P2 play together. Plus on top of course the unbopped engine competition in "AM" between Nissan and Judd (theoretically others too) which you can't see anywhere else anymore
Oh and I forgot, even the newer spec P2 class is somewhat interesting in itself considering it's not just Oreca-fest but we have mostly Dallaras and Onroaks it seems like
Old 28 Oct 2019, 17:37 (Ref:3937368)   #110
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Wish they would run on more obscure (read: lower than Grade 1) tracks like Okayama (Aida) or Autopolis in Japan, Madras (Chennai) in India or any track in China with some decent elevation (is there one??).

Anyway, there's plenty of choice on the official FIA Grade 2 list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rade#Grade_Two
Old 28 Oct 2019, 17:49 (Ref:3937371)   #111
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
any track in China with some decent elevation (is there one??).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utc24Hlo4T8 (Skip to 36 minutes in to skip the safety car).

This one is amazing, but probably far too small for LMP2s. I think they made modifications to it. Looks more suitable than I last remember.
Old 28 Oct 2019, 20:14 (Ref:3937386)   #112
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utc24Hlo4T8 (Skip to 36 minutes in to skip the safety car).

This one is amazing, but probably far too small for LMP2s. I think they made modifications to it. Looks more suitable than I last remember.
It's Grade 2 so yes, technically it can host Sportscars (+ GTs).

However, did it get a Tilke makeover or something? No elevation (to speak off), lots of crappy, low gear, tight corners and way too much tarmac runoff in places. Not what I had in mind at all when I was referring to 'obscure', definitely not my cup of tea and I actually think the track is horrible. I would probably prefer Zhuhai if I'm honest (and Zhuhai is not exactly close to the top half of my list of great tracks so that's saying something).

To make sure we're talking about the same track, this is the clip I watched: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuN2jLbgw_U
Old 28 Oct 2019, 20:21 (Ref:3937388)   #113
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Edit: I've got my circuits mixed up because they're in the same region.

https://www.racingcircuits.info/asia...l#.XbdOVej7QuU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X-hA8SLMRc

I like this circuit. It has elevation and flowing corners rather than just squared off apexes. Relatively slow, and yes there's a lot of tarmac run off, but there is grass and gravel. Maybe too slow for LMP2.
Old 29 Oct 2019, 01:07 (Ref:3937407)   #114
Coach Ep
Veteran

Quote:
Edit: I've got my circuits mixed up because they're in the same region.

https://www.racingcircuits.info/asia...l#.XbdOVej7QuU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X-hA8SLMRc

I like this circuit. It has elevation and flowing corners rather than just squared off apexes. Relatively slow, and yes there's a lot of tarmac run off, but there is grass and gravel. Maybe too slow for LMP2.
Wow, that's really twisty for a while. It's Zhejiang and agreed, I prefer this one over Ordos. It's modern and unknown, would love to see the series race there, especially with the P2s crowding each other and the rest of the field in the twisty part and then stretching their legs on the straights.
Old 29 Oct 2019, 13:02 (Ref:3937475)   #115
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Also, whilst there is a lot of tarmac run off, there is a 6 foot wide strip of grass around the circuit. So mistakes are still punished.

Not sure LMP2s would fit. But I'd like to see them try.
Old 29 Oct 2019, 13:18 (Ref:3937478)   #116
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

This is not a racing series for Asian teams but for those European teams that failed a ticket to Le Mans 24 hrs. As so, best keep them in the Asian F1-tracks. Life itself is complicated
Old 29 Oct 2019, 18:41 (Ref:3937518)   #117
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Also, whilst there is a lot of tarmac run off, there is a 6 foot wide strip of grass around the circuit. So mistakes are still punished.

Not sure LMP2s would fit. But I'd like to see them try.
Zolder was originally going to be on the 2012 LMS calendar and that's narrow and twisty too, so I'm sure they could do it if they just wanted to

Anyway I think I'd have Asia(-Pacific) calendar of this sort
1 - Okayama
2 - SUGO
3 - Zhuhai
4 - Marina Bay (F1 support sprint races)
5 - Australia, almost anywhere

Two Japans instead of zero Japans and not the boring Fuji or too-big-for-this-Suzuka
Old 29 Oct 2019, 19:26 (Ref:3937524)   #118
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Zolder was originally going to be on the 2012 LMS calendar and that's narrow and twisty too, so I'm sure they could do it if they just wanted to

1 - Okayama
2 - SUGO
3 - Zhuhai

Two Japans instead of zero Japans and not the boring Fuji or too-big-for-this-Suzuka
This Big Bend circuit in Aussieland looks alright. I like Okayama too.
Old 30 Oct 2019, 02:15 (Ref:3937564)   #119
Coach Ep
Veteran

Suzuka would work just fine and can handle a lot of cars so that would be a plus.

Not sold on Big Bend, it looks too long and makes me think of Miller MSP/Utah Campus (or whatever it's name is nowadays) which I didn't particularly liked.
Old 30 Oct 2019, 12:29 (Ref:3937629)   #120
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

1 - Okayama
2 - SUGO
3 - Zhuhai

Okayama and Sugo would be great, I agree with some above suggesting Ningbo.

I cant imagine multi class racing working at Marina Bay, its very tight.

I keep my opinion neutral on the Bend until we see Multiclass racing there. The GT3 races ive seen online at the Bend have been ok, but that may have not been down to the track.

Is ASLMS using the long or shorter configuration of the track?
Old 30 Oct 2019, 16:27 (Ref:3937672)   #121
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
I keep my opinion neutral on the Bend until we see Multiclass racing there. The GT3 races ive seen online at the Bend have been ok, but that may have not been down to the track.

Is ASLMS using the long or shorter configuration of the track?
Full 7km layout
Old 30 Oct 2019, 16:30 (Ref:3937673)   #122
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
I'm willing to wait to see what it's like in multi-class format. Some circuits work well, despite being meh circuits. Fuji and Mexico have been butchered, but produced decent multi-class dynamics. I actually think those 2 circuits work better for multi-class than single.
Old 30 Oct 2019, 16:33 (Ref:3937675)   #123
Deleted
Veteran

If they had actually managed to get the LMP3 Australia Cup going for this year, I think that may have boosted the Bend grid considerably with guests, but now I don't think there will be much local movement
Old 4 Nov 2019, 13:34 (Ref:3938520)   #124
Deleted
Veteran

Bratislava returns again with their old Oak-Nissan
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2019/1...e-defence.html

Too bad there isn't a GTE Lamborghini (I'm not counting the ages old Gallardo GT2) or better yet GT1 anymore, otherwise I might've said our old favorite backmarker could've made it's LM return soon
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2019/1...ans-entry.html

It will be their first ACO race since Zhuhai 2010, where they actually somewhat shockingly took GT1 pole over Larbre Saleen, as well as over GT2 cars and the Porsche "GT3" Hybrid

Last edited by Deleted; 4 Nov 2019 at 13:40.
Old 4 Nov 2019, 18:07 (Ref:3938585)   #125
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Quote:
If they had actually managed to get the LMP3 Australia Cup going for this year, I think that may have boosted the Bend grid considerably with guests, but now I don't think there will be much local movement
LMP3 Australia was an expected fiasco. LMP3 is not a national series material.