Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 11 Aug 2020, 13:58 (Ref:3994771)   #126
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Congratulations to VivaGT, he got it half right.

The Mini is a Mini 1000cc That's metric for ?

The Elva is not a single seater

And the Bristol uses a Bristol engine which has six?

Shout out when you have the answer.

I'm wasted here!
Old 11 Aug 2020, 14:17 (Ref:3994776)   #127
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
OUT!
Old 11 Aug 2020, 14:39 (Ref:3994779)   #128
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mini 1, Elva 2, Morgan 3,Ferguson 4,Cooper 5 & Bristol 6
Thats really obscure!!
Old 11 Aug 2020, 14:49 (Ref:3994781)   #129
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
OUT!

Very funny, almost worthy of Viv.
Old 11 Aug 2020, 14:53 (Ref:3994783)   #130
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Mini 1, Elva 2, Morgan 3,Ferguson 4,Cooper 5 & Bristol 6
Thats really obscure!!
What? You had a four and a five, how difficult can it be to work out is was a numbered sequence I despair.

For the dimmer ones here

A one litre Mini, a two seater, Elva, a three Wheeler Morgan, a four wheel drive Fergusson, a Mk five Cooper, and a six cylinder Bristol.

Easy peasy.
Old 11 Aug 2020, 14:56 (Ref:3994785)   #131
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Congratulations to VivaGT, he got it half right.

The Mini is a Mini 1000cc That's metric for ?

The Elva is not a single seater

And the Bristol uses a Bristol engine which has six?

Shout out when you have the answer.

I'm wasted here!
Half right is about right for a half wit!
Thanks Baub
Old 11 Aug 2020, 20:44 (Ref:3994842)   #132
bauble
Veteran

England

OK, something nice and simple; Name the eight cars from the pictures.

All we need is eight marques, no models, drivers, specification, just a makers name.

What could be simpler?
Old 13 Aug 2020, 08:22 (Ref:3995103)   #133
bauble
Veteran

England
Three days and not a single answer! Come on you must be able to get at least one or two right, even Will and Max surely?
Old 13 Aug 2020, 12:08 (Ref:3995149)   #134
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
No worry I guess many are still struggling to name eight cars with only four pictures! Right away you reach the Mega Gonzo level of our club formidable!
Maserati, Lagonda and Maurice but if now we have to make a search in the 10 and more pages……………
Or may there's a reference in another thread or other forum may be… While we are here!
Old 13 Aug 2020, 13:01 (Ref:3995163)   #135
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I must admit I was looking for things like Aston Martin Lagonda or similar.... but got stuck on the Morris Minor!
Then I thought, well, the next four images will appear.
Old 13 Aug 2020, 13:20 (Ref:3995172)   #136
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I must admit I was looking for things like Aston Martin Lagonda or similar.... but got stuck on the Morris Minor!
Every thing you need is there. It's all in the spelling.
Old 13 Aug 2020, 14:23 (Ref:3995196)   #137
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I think Baub's being even more devious than usual on this one!
Old 13 Aug 2020, 14:42 (Ref:3995199)   #138
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I think Baub's being even more devious than usual on this one!
Oh! Dear, it seems that even the brains have locked down on here.

You are looking for an old English racing car, an old French car, an English sports car, and a 'joke car' from Eastern Europe.
How difficult can it be? Do I have to spell it out for you.
Old 13 Aug 2020, 14:52 (Ref:3995204)   #139
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Oh! Dear, it seems that even the brains have locked down on here.

You are looking for an old English racing car, an old French car, an English sports car, and a 'joke car' from Eastern Europe.
How difficult can it be? Do I have to spell it out for you.
Usually, yes!
Old 13 Aug 2020, 16:06 (Ref:3995219)   #140
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought this one was like your signature!!.
Maserati, Lagonda, Morris & Farrellac were all easy enough.
Can not see where to look now, even now I know what to look for.
Old 13 Aug 2020, 16:12 (Ref:3995223)   #141
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Maserati, Lagonda, Morris & Farralac were all easy enough.
Then I read your signature!
Even though I now know what to look for I can not see where to look!
I can not make Skoda out of any of the pictures and hat has to be the "joke" car.
Old 13 Aug 2020, 16:40 (Ref:3995232)   #142
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I can not make Skoda out of any of the pictures and hat has to be the "joke" car.
Maserati has ERA in it.. Morris has Mors, Farellac has AC and Lagonda has Lada
Old 13 Aug 2020, 16:43 (Ref:3995233)   #143
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
I really thought someone would twig the secret;

LAgonDA
MasERAti
MORriS
FarrelAC

Back to the drawing board.
Old 13 Aug 2020, 16:59 (Ref:3995237)   #144
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
And now you forget to congratulate as should Mike Crow. Mike is

Sorry Mister Crow but your level is well above our Stupido Club. Next time, may be, who knows with those weird koueschions!

Another one, Bob?
Old 13 Aug 2020, 17:15 (Ref:3995242)   #145
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
And now you forget to congratulate as should Mike Crow. Mike is

Sorry Mister Crow but your level is well above our Stupido Club. Next time, may be, who knows with those weird koueschions!

Another one, Bob?
Sorry Mike, obviously our posts crossed. Well done.

I told you it was easy.
Old 13 Aug 2020, 17:25 (Ref:3995247)   #146
bauble
Veteran

England
OK Gerry something dead easy for you.

What do these cars have in common?

Old 13 Aug 2020, 18:01 (Ref:3995254)   #147
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
They are all Red.
Old 13 Aug 2020, 18:04 (Ref:3995255)   #148
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Seriously though, this is much easier.It is the name of a city.
Old 13 Aug 2020, 19:29 (Ref:3995270)   #149
bauble
Veteran

England
That's right RB they were all made in Glasgow,
Old 13 Aug 2020, 19:36 (Ref:3995271)   #150
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is meant to be dead easy?

Last edited by 356sc; 13 Aug 2020 at 19:43.
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60