Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 11 Jun 2003, 01:26 (Ref:627741)   #26
bacon sandwich
Racer

United Kingdom
basildon essex
bacon sandwich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
:confused:
Is it me though or is racing not always RACING anymore ?
Certainly this year, there aren't many meetings I've been to where I've thought, yeah what a great race!
No disrespect to any of the guys peddling the cars meant at all, but it just seems that the cars are getting further and further spread out and grids are getting smaller.
We've obviously had the debate re entry fees - I understand about the grids - but there don't seem to be as many dices going on down the field anymore.
Is it just that I've been going to the wrong meetings, being a bit disillusioned at the moment or that competitors are more concerned about having a go - stiffer penalties if it goes wrong, worried about damaging the car, etc.
As I say I'm not having a go at any of the drivers - I'm sure they are all trying and hopefully having fun. It just doesn't seem quite so close to me as has been in the past.
Old 11 Jun 2003, 11:13 (Ref:628109)   #27
G_Ilott
Racer

United Kingdom
Dorset, UK
G_Ilott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TVRs and Minis used to be absolute nutters in the mid 90's but I think now they have attracted more profesional outfits and better drivers. Hence, I think, the difference between drivers and cars is greater.

Plus, ever faster cars I've found means ever greater gaps between them. There are exceptions to the rule, naturally.

My brother and I became a little disillusioned with both series and stopped making the effort to go and see them, merely watching them if they happened to be at a circuit with something else.

And how could they get rid of the yellow rim around the Tuscan's tyres? Eeediots.
Old 11 Jun 2003, 15:14 (Ref:628394)   #28
Red Dog
Racer

Red Dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually I don't nip up to Scotland for the morning paper - I prefer the radio!
Cadwell is the furthest circuit for me at about 240 miles. It's also across country and is a very very long way on a Friday night. Seven and a half hours once...
Old 12 Jun 2003, 00:15 (Ref:629036)   #29
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I live in Brisbane, the third largest city in Australia. The nearest circuit is Queensland Raceway, 65 miles away. The farthest is Barbagallo Raceway, 3,000 miles away. I don't get there to often.
Old 12 Jun 2003, 14:07 (Ref:629480)   #30
Red Dog
Racer

Red Dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Woah 3000 miles?! Do you put the car on a trailer Mr Patterson?
I don't think my trailer would make it that far.... lets see.....3000 miles from Poole would get me to The Sahara Desert in Africa, or Canada going West, or the Ural Mountains going East or the Arctic going North but now I'm being silly, as I don't have any ice tyres for my race car.

I have visited Brisbane on business a couple of times. Very warm and humid.I rather liked it but had to leave all too soon to report to the boss in Sydney.(I had a job there for a few months)