Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7 Nov 2016, 16:02 (Ref:3686251)   #1
Chappelli
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
New Zealand
Auckland
Posts: 1,164
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not a good look..... Dirk Klynsmith knocked out.

http://www.newshub.co.nz/sport/kiwi-motorsport-figure-filmed-kicking-photographer-at-supercars-2016110712
Chappelli is offline  
Quote
Old 10 Nov 2016, 06:42 (Ref:3686915)   #2
on_to_it
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
New Zealand
New Zealand
Posts: 930
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli View Post
http://www.newshub.co.nz/sport/kiwi-motorsport-figure-filmed-kicking-photographer-at-supercars-2016110712
Not a good look, but it was nothing more than a storm in a teacup fuelled by some tosspot with a cell phone who made it public. "Kicking" the media said: I saw a clumsy ankle tap. And the guy who got shoved hammed it up because I believe he knew it was being recorded. Ted is a pussycat, and I'm sure there was more to this than was apparent. The expression "taken out of context" comes to mind. Look, you all know there was an altercation in the pits recently between two similarly aged "gentlemen" who took exception to each others behaviour. Nothing came of it as far as I know; probably only because some prick didn't video it on his phone and make it public.
on_to_it is offline  
Quote
Old 11 Nov 2016, 09:30 (Ref:3687134)   #3
JimW
Subscriber
Veteran
 
JimW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
Posts: 3,346
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by on_to_it View Post
Not a good look, but it was nothing more than a storm in a teacup fuelled by some tosspot with a cell phone who made it public. "Kicking" the media said: I saw a clumsy ankle tap. And the guy who got shoved hammed it up because I believe he knew it was being recorded. Ted is a pussycat, and I'm sure there was more to this than was apparent. The expression "taken out of context" comes to mind. Look, you all know there was an altercation in the pits recently between two similarly aged "gentlemen" who took exception to each others behaviour. Nothing came of it as far as I know; probably only because some prick didn't video it on his phone and make it public.
So you think this would have been OK if only it had not gone public?

Does that apply to all criminal activity?

Jim
JimW is offline  
__________________
Life is not safe, just choose where you want to take the risks.
Quote
Old 15 Nov 2016, 07:13 (Ref:3688183)   #4
on_to_it
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
New Zealand
New Zealand
Posts: 930
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimW View Post
So you think this would have been OK if only it had not gone public?

Does that apply to all criminal activity?

Jim
Did I imply a "yes" to either of your questions in my post?

Jim, don't be a ****. Read my post again in case it's not clear. Neither of us know the events prior to the recording but I'm comfortable there was more to it as Ted claimed. It was all over in seconds because Ted walked away while Dirk hammed up the grievous bodily harm. If you want to be pedantic about the "definition" of criminal activity, you go right ahead. But this was a storm in a tea-cup as I said, and I stand by that.

Life is full of imperfect people behaving oddly in undesirable situations; none of which needs further action especially in a court of law.

Grow up and don't be so PC.
on_to_it is offline  
Quote
Old 15 Nov 2016, 11:18 (Ref:3688231)   #5
JimW
Subscriber
Veteran
 
JimW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
Posts: 3,346
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by on_to_it View Post
. . .
Grow up and don't be so PC.
Wow; I doubt that any of my friends would believe that I have just been called "so PC".

You are just wrong.

Jim
JimW is offline  
__________________
Life is not safe, just choose where you want to take the risks.
Quote
Old 16 Nov 2016, 08:33 (Ref:3688459)   #6
275 GTB-4
Veteran
 
275 GTB-4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Australia
Sydney NSW, Australie
Posts: 3,163
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by on_to_it View Post
Did I imply a "yes" to either of your questions in my post?

Jim, don't be a ****. Read my post again in case it's not clear. Neither of us know the events prior to the recording but I'm comfortable there was more to it as Ted claimed. It was all over in seconds because Ted walked away while Dirk hammed up the grievous bodily harm. If you want to be pedantic about the "definition" of criminal activity, you go right ahead. But this was a storm in a tea-cup as I said, and I stand by that.

Life is full of imperfect people behaving oddly in undesirable situations; none of which needs further action especially in a court of law.

Grow up and don't be so PC.
Quote of the Month:

Life is full of imperfect people behaving oddly in undesirable situations; none of which needs further action especially in a court of law.

275 GTB-4 is offline  
__________________
The good old days sure seem like a long time ago!!
Quote
Old 18 Nov 2016, 19:10 (Ref:3689135)   #7
on_to_it
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
New Zealand
New Zealand
Posts: 930
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimW View Post
Wow; I doubt that any of my friends would believe that I have just been called "so PC".

You are just wrong.

Jim
Then we'll agree to differ shall we Jim, and move on.
on_to_it is offline  
Quote
Reply

Bookmarks




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
look out, look out robert77 Marshals Forum 15 7 Jul 2005 09:44
ETC good but not as good as BTC? Eddie_harasym WTCC & European Touring Car Series 10 8 Oct 2002 23:35
Was Dirk Muller conned? pink69 Sportscar & GT Racing 13 7 Aug 2002 17:50
Was Dirk Muller conned? pink69 WTCC & European Touring Car Series 8 1 Aug 2002 16:22


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 21:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2018 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.