Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 27 Jan 2012, 03:45 (Ref:3017586)   #301
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Guy Smith drives Speed 8 with a journo:

Old 27 Jan 2012, 06:05 (Ref:3017617)   #302
pdxracefan
Racer

United States
Oregon
pdxracefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post

Never mind the journalist. If you want to know what's going on in Guy's head, just watch his eyes. Amazing stuff!

Old 27 Jan 2012, 08:31 (Ref:3017648)   #303
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
That looked brutal, but amazing.
Old 30 Jan 2012, 22:12 (Ref:3019129)   #304
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Sportscars modified to fit a passenger + race tracks = potential for... well... do I need to say more? Joao Barbosa takes his wife for a spin around Daytona in a two-seater DP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=updyP...ature=youtu.be
Old 30 Jan 2012, 22:19 (Ref:3019136)   #305
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Sportscars modified to fit a passenger + race tracks = potential for... well... do I need to say more? Joao Barbosa takes his wife for a spin around Daytona in a two-seater DP.

That is total gold.... He blatantly had the evil smile on the go
Old 2 Feb 2012, 09:08 (Ref:3020146)   #306
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hilarious!!
Old 2 Feb 2012, 10:04 (Ref:3020184)   #307
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

I feel bad for Joao, he must have been scared to **** with her screaming and, yelling and almost hitting him and the gear shift several times .

If Sportscar racing should even get boring, then we should strap hysterical women beside the drivers
Old 2 Feb 2012, 10:07 (Ref:3020186)   #308
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Shhhsssss! The ACO might be listening.........
Old 3 Feb 2012, 20:39 (Ref:3021221)   #309
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3aRG...feature=fvwrel

Old 3 Feb 2012, 21:15 (Ref:3021235)   #310
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedblood View Post

For me, one of the most wonderful sounds I have ever heard on a race track..... I loved those cars Thank you
Old 3 Feb 2012, 22:22 (Ref:3021250)   #311
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post

Have to say, I'm just a smidge jealous........ok, maybe a bit more than a smidge.

Old 5 Feb 2012, 15:55 (Ref:3021843)   #312
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
For me, one of the most wonderful sounds I have ever heard on a race track..... I loved those cars Thank you
Gorgeous video, just a pity trying to concentrate with the handycam shaking so much made my eyes go funny
Old 5 Feb 2012, 23:02 (Ref:3021976)   #313
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Really hope something like this appears in the Blancpain Revival Series this year, needs to be seen again!

However I clicked on a couple of related links and came across this rather pleasant Norma on a hill climb - if only all prototypes with Judd V8's sounded like this!

http://youtu.be/lPieNL9K7cw
Old 5 Feb 2012, 23:59 (Ref:3021989)   #314
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Same event, 10 minutes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-7bIRa_9qw
Old 6 Feb 2012, 11:02 (Ref:3022087)   #315
Steptoe
Racer

England
10618 miles from Le Mans - NSW Australia
Steptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not sure if these have been on before apologies if they have but the Targa was awesome so worth watching again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzijm6feCK4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Albnb3xQdo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF_oF...endscreen&NR=1
Old 6 Feb 2012, 19:28 (Ref:3022309)   #316
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=updyPbEJ8f4

Joao Barbosa with Passenger in a 2 Seater DP at Daytona .
Old 6 Feb 2012, 19:38 (Ref:3022314)   #317
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Victor beat you to that one Walter at post #304.....
Old 6 Feb 2012, 19:42 (Ref:3022317)   #318
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Sorry
Old 7 Feb 2012, 07:35 (Ref:3022498)   #319
Speed Merchant 91
Rookie

United States
Gilbert, Arizona
Speed Merchant 91 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure if this has been posted or not, but here's Hurley Haywood throwing around the Audi 90 Quattro IMSA GTO car from the 1989 Del Mar GP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q5meb2yB0w

Mark Blundell's pole lap from the Le Mans 1990. Just watch in awe as Blundell fights to keep this 1000+ horsepower beast under control
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1ECE...eature=related

Some Wesbank Modified Saloon car action from 1992, one of the most underrated series, at least during its heyday
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHGZn0_mGhE
Old 7 Feb 2012, 10:56 (Ref:3022591)   #320
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Terrific that Blundell lap He could hardly complain about traffic, could he? Lucky he didn't catch the car in front in the final chicanes.......
Old 7 Feb 2012, 17:17 (Ref:3022728)   #321
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfOEJ...layer_embedded

-16 Degrees at the Nürburgring . Not a Sportscar or GT but very impressive .
Old 8 Feb 2012, 12:46 (Ref:3023142)   #322
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Could have been posted before but I ran into these ones.

From the ´86 WSC race at Brands:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQos0TH6jxs (part 1, you´ll find the other 3 there as well).

Great interview with Eddie Cheever at the beginning of part 4!

Also great to watch is the last lap of the IMSA GTP series on the old Palm Beach street track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRbMlwJam_U
Old 13 Feb 2012, 21:32 (Ref:3025457)   #323
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Random video-related thought:

The #5 Mercedes-Benz CLR that flipped during the race at Le Mans in 1999 carried an onboard camera. I suspect the onboard footage of that moment should exist somewhere buried deep inside the ACO's video archives, and we know that Peter Dumbreck walked away from that crash... I wonder why we have never seen that piece of footage.
Old 13 Feb 2012, 21:34 (Ref:3025459)   #324
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Could have been posted before but I ran into these ones.

From the ´86 WSC race at Brands:
Lovely. I was there........ I kept hoping for a shot of the South Bank to see if I could spot my yellow MG......

Last edited by Aysedasi; 13 Feb 2012 at 21:40.
Old 13 Feb 2012, 22:06 (Ref:3025475)   #325
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Random video-related thought:

The #5 Mercedes-Benz CLR that flipped during the race at Le Mans in 1999 carried an onboard camera. I suspect the onboard footage of that moment should exist somewhere buried deep inside the ACO's video archives, and we know that Peter Dumbreck walked away from that crash... I wonder why we have never seen that piece of footage.
Interesting one. I think if it did exist they'd have used it. They don't seem to be shy in carting out that bit of exterior footage at every available opportunity.

Would have been insane to watch!