Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 15 Oct 2004, 11:20 (Ref:1125128)   #1
Gracer
Rookie

Gracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who deserves a full time gig?

There has been a lot of talk lately about who is going where and a lot of names have been thrown around, especially about drivers who dont have a full time gig in the main game. (Fabian Coulthard, Andrew Jones, Dean Canto, Greg Ritter, etc) Just wondering, out of the drivers who aren't full time at the moment, who do you all think deserves a drive the most?
Old 15 Oct 2004, 12:50 (Ref:1125208)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In no particular order...

- Cameron McLean
- Steve Owen
- Alex Yoong
- Greg Ritter
- John McIntyre
- Matthew White
- Dean Canto
- Kurt Wimmer
- Tony D'Alberto
- James Small
- Adam Macrow
- Alan Gurr
- Fabian Coulthard
- Mark Noske
- Owen Kelly
- Damian White
- Allan Simonsen
- Nathan Pretty
- Matt Halliday

..... but there would have to be a 60 car field to accomodate them all...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 15 Oct 2004, 14:31 (Ref:1125282)   #3
MRJUCY
Veteran

Australia
At the pub
MRJUCY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll add Luke Youlden to your list
Old 15 Oct 2004, 15:55 (Ref:1125359)   #4
streaty
Rookie

streaty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kerry Wade
Grant Johnson
Clint Harvey
Old 15 Oct 2004, 20:23 (Ref:1125539)   #5
amaroo
Rookie

amaroo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peter Brock
John Cleland
Jim Richards

Old 16 Oct 2004, 11:51 (Ref:1125908)   #6
pplater
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
pplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm. who does deserve a full-time gag.
TC, obviously. Can't listen to his lispy, spitty, whiny banter.
Old 16 Oct 2004, 13:58 (Ref:1125954)   #7
lowndes6
Racer

lowndes6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Greg Ritter, Cameron McConville and Dean Canto are three drivers that SHOULD have drivers on 2005 in my opinion
Old 16 Oct 2004, 15:08 (Ref:1126003)   #8
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Two things about your list GTRMagic, i'm not sure sure about Alex Yoong - i think another year of Konicas would do it.

And Alan Gurr couldn't possibly race again, we all know his career has ended.....

I thought McConville already had a contract with GRM for 2005.
Old 16 Oct 2004, 20:25 (Ref:1126170)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by twig
Two things about your list GTRMagic, i'm not sure sure about Alex Yoong - i think another year of Konicas would do it.
Had a certain multiple Australian champion not been around 4 seconds a lap slower for his 58 laps behind the wheel, this car would have gone very very close to not having lost its 2 laps... and ended up in the top 10... and looked like a relative hero, a comeback from the dead... as ever, behind every result there is a story...

Quote:
Originally posted by twig
And Alan Gurr couldn't possibly race again, we all know his career has ended.....
I was wondering whether about Mr Gover's more than Mr Gurr's....

Bargs fenced the HYL car in the warmup all those years ago, he is here, several years later, earning a living from his chosen sport....
Old 17 Oct 2004, 03:40 (Ref:1126422)   #10
Placebo
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Placebo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by lowndes6
Greg Ritter, Cameron McConville and Dean Canto are three drivers that SHOULD have drivers on 2005 in my opinion
Greg Ritter - expect to see him in FPR car next year.
Cameron McConville - driving for GRM (assume you mean Cameron McLean).
Dean Canto - couldn't agree more!
Old 17 Oct 2004, 07:18 (Ref:1126475)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I wouldnt mind a full time driving gig next year... beats working for a living
Old 17 Oct 2004, 07:44 (Ref:1126482)   #12
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i wonder if it really does GTR. stood under the bobjane overpass on sunday night at bathurst and watched all the cars being driven back to the pits, only one of the drivers (i guess theey were the mechanics) was smiling (ingalls) although cute blonde in one of the cars.

We were thinking out loud how awesome it would be to have that job
Old 17 Oct 2004, 07:44 (Ref:1126483)   #13
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You're right GTR, there is a story. Neil McFadyen was suffering cramps during his stint, which, leaving his preparation, or perhaps lack thereof aside, shows the lack of actual time inside the car, or perhaps who the seating position was catering for.

Unfortunately there are a lot of muscles in the body that are used in driving these cars (most notably lower back mucles) that are best developed by actually driving the cars. And if your seating position was even a little bit out, then the strain on these muscles, particularly under braking, will very quickly lead to cramping and spasms.
Remember, that Neil did a double stint, so he didn't have a chance to adjust his seating position between stints. It's to his credit he didn't crash the car. The fact that he was so slow was more likely because he was in pain and didn't want to compound the problem by hitting a wall, so he was extra cautious.

McFadyen would have had the least seat time of any of the drivers in WPS, since he didn't do the Sandown race. McIntyre has also had more testing while Yoong has been doing Konicas. Plus the car was a bucket of junk since Yoong's accident earlier in the week.

Unfortunately it's a shame that the decisions of the team owner have compounded the misery of his drivers. By leaving Alex Yoong in the car to the end he came within two minutes of getting the car disqualified under the 3.5 hour continuous driving rule. Alex collapsed once he got out of the car. In the circumstances, Alex drove very well.
Old 17 Oct 2004, 12:50 (Ref:1126628)   #14
Crowestar
Racer

Australia
Crowestar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nathan Pretty for the second GRM car. I reckon this guy would be great if he had 12 months experience behind the wheel. He's shown it before and I think he is well worth getting the gig.

I think Mr Gore is a bit greedy getting Craig Baird to drive for him next year cause he has some good drivers under his nose. As Mr Baird is driving next year for Mr Gore I don't think Mr Yoong will be getting a gig. Probably another year in Konica or whatever it will be, would be good for him.

Although Greg Ritter is a good driver I would be signing Paul Radisish for FPR. His experience would be greatly needed in that team. Ritter I think needs a season in Konica because although he excells in the long distance races, they say in a big step up to the big time. He will become champion if he participates but the experence would be needed.