Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 19 Mar 2003, 10:10 (Ref:541014)   #1
H16
Racer

H16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Status of factory MG squad?

I know that Dyson are planning to run Le Mans, and Banna Joes might, but what is the status of the factory squad? If it still exists, who will be running it? Chamberlen?

I figured that this might be in jeoperdy when Mark Blundell, spokesman for the company, went to drive for Bentley. I hope they show up, but I feel that Dyson will represent the MG and Lola companies very well regardless.
Old 19 Mar 2003, 11:11 (Ref:541035)   #2
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
There was a provisional entry for Sebring from RML - likely to enter a factory car at LM. Autosport ran a story saying that Huge would be running a second factory-backed car.
Old 19 Mar 2003, 17:05 (Ref:541327)   #3
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought they were dead. ( no evidence for that, i just got the feeling) I'm glad someone will be representing them. It has an unfulfilled potential as a winner, and this year is the last opportunity they'll get to take advantage of their weight
Old 19 Mar 2003, 17:22 (Ref:541339)   #4
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
"this year is the last opportunity they'll get to take advantage of their weight"

Not so - Check out the news piece on dailysportscar during Sebring week
Old 19 Mar 2003, 17:33 (Ref:541351)   #5
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm not registered at DSC.
Old 19 Mar 2003, 17:43 (Ref:541361)   #6
courage
Rookie

courage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fab I'll come for the PQ and maybe for the race(my parents have a hotel room but the "bac de francais" is on friday morning... I have to drive for 400 km and I don't know the date of my "oral"
So wait and see
Old 19 Mar 2003, 18:26 (Ref:541400)   #7
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pirenzo, DSC is free for now, until they get their new server sorted. Try http://www.dailysportscar.net.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 19 Mar 2003, 18:46 (Ref:541415)   #8
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Didn't Johnny Kane drive for them, and McNish, also????

You could check the MG X-Power website to see if they are still breathing, but the last time I looked, their stories were about Dyson's team...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 19 Mar 2003, 19:17 (Ref:541444)   #9
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
From what I understand, MG are yet to confirm there motorsport plans for this year, that includes in the BTCC, Rallying and Sportscar. Hopefully will all become clear when the Le Mans entry comes out.