Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 2 Jul 2000, 21:39 (Ref:20977)   #1
Graham
Veteran

Graham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I drooled and drooled along Westway - not only over the gorgeous historic Frazer Nashes, Coopers, that Cologne Capri (was it a real one?), 250F, D-Type (etc) but the, perhaps 150, TVRs there and in the car parks. Hogs heaven, don't you know. 3 films gone - just like that...

I think I may have jinxed poor Rick though - I watched as he got punted off at Quarry on the first lap. What happened, old stick?

Got a nice blurred pic of a dust cloud c/o my autofocus. Damn thing. Those tyres gave that Ferrari a good drubbing.

Were you there Jeff? Were you stood at Tower again?

Hope to have some of my pics developed later in the week. Will post some up.
Old 2 Jul 2000, 21:45 (Ref:20979)   #2
Graham
Veteran

Did I miss anything on Saturday. Or did the same stuff happen today?
Old 3 Jul 2000, 06:57 (Ref:21060)   #3
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We had lots of other stuff on Saturday - including MG's, Mono's and Road Saloons. So two really good days....

Poor old Rick, got tangled up on the first corner - after qualifing pretty well.. There was a mere shrug of shoulders.

Best effort of the weekend was the Maestro driver who managed to dislocate his knee after hitting the barriers at Quarry, the accident didn't warrant the injury!
Old 3 Jul 2000, 09:52 (Ref:21073)   #4
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Lee Purnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Were you at Quarry Dan?
I thought Rick made a blinding start, how many cars would he have taken around the outside? 3 or 4?? Damn fiesta.
Oh yeah, and I won a prize on saturday for the fasted time on that F1 sim
Not sure what it is yet though??
Bloody good two days though.
ps. we should talk quietly, we can't be heard talking about C***e
Old 3 Jul 2000, 10:58 (Ref:21083)   #5
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
stefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had fun on Saturday - though it seems I missed all the historic cars (except for Dan's), which is a shame. I'll post a link to the photos in the cool sites forum.
Old 3 Jul 2000, 11:07 (Ref:21087)   #6
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was at Quarry on Saturday and Esses yesterday.. So saw all that happened at Quarry..

Missed the Jag simulator, in fact missed all the displays as well.

Does anyone know what happened at Thruxton yesterday, I passed lots of race cars on my way back home. Shame that two really good meetings clashed.
Old 3 Jul 2000, 18:20 (Ref:21173)   #7
Graham
Veteran

I took a picture of Rick going round the outside of several cars at Quarry, but sadly the 'tete a tete' with the Fiesta(?) was bloked by other cars.

What happened to R. Broadhead and J. Howell in the Minis?

(if we're not allowed to talk about Combe, then others should start posting topics about the meetings they just went to... Peter! How was Thruxton?)
Old 4 Jul 2000, 10:24 (Ref:21343)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham
Peter! How was Thruxton?)
FAST

Speak to Yelwoci, I was too busy to notice
Old 4 Jul 2000, 11:09 (Ref:21353)   #9
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
I hope you didn't go off Peter....

Thruxton is certainly quick... did you notice the re-surfacing?? Meant to make a difference..

So what happened then???
Old 4 Jul 2000, 13:22 (Ref:21361)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As I said I was a bit too busy really.

I made a pretty ordinary start and lost three places. Got two of them back by the end of lap one but I got stuck behind Malc Best who made his Capri pretty wide. My fastest lap was on lap three but all my laps from two to 8 were within half a second of each other. It proved that Malc was holding me up because his fastest lap was .5 secs slower than mine.

Unfortunately I got my first non-points finish for some time. Mainly due to the lack of revs in my engine. I need a group 1 cam so that I can rev higher and get the power further up the range. I was flat out in top (7k RPM) on the rev limiter from Church up to the chicane and so lost out. I overtook Malc at post 11 on lap 6 (ask Peter Weston he was "flagging" at that post) but Ian Drew, in his Capri, left the track in front of me (he was trying to pass Yelwoci) so I backed off and Malc re-passed me.

The officials flagged the first six by mistake on lap nine but took the flag in as Malc and I went past nose to tail. I lined Malc up and then slammed everything on because the leaders had slowed and were across the track! A seriously dangerous situation.

Opposite lock through Church is great fun. As to the surface. It was faster but I actually went slower than before because Malc was in front of me. I reckon its worth two seconds a lap.
Old 4 Jul 2000, 14:52 (Ref:21373)   #11
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maestros at Combe

According to the founder of the Maestro Owner's Club, he's heard only from someone at the MGOC that "there were a lot of bent Maestros at Combe." Can anyone who was there give me more details of what happened??
Old 4 Jul 2000, 15:12 (Ref:21385)   #12
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Lots of bent Maestros... lots and lots..

Firstly there was a large crash at the first bend (Folly), a few went off at high speed, bouncing off the pit lane wall etc..

Then with 2 laps to go, we had 3 arrive at Quarry backwards and all caught up together - all of which were very bent. At the same time, another appeared backwards (distracted) and hit the tyre wall hard. He managed to dislocate his knee in the process..

Boshy Bosh Bosh...
Old 4 Jul 2000, 17:17 (Ref:21413)   #13
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Lee Purnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dislocated knee? That is quite bad actually, I did my hip and that hurt like hell.
I hope the driver will be ok.
I quite enjoyed the Maestro race, it was quite good.
I thought it was a bit like watching the minis, they were going around Camp Corner two and three abreast. Great stuff!
Old 4 Jul 2000, 17:48 (Ref:21429)   #14
Graham
Veteran

And I missed it...

I think Stefan should have his membership of this site revoked, don't you? His photos put mine to shame and I'm bloody jealous... oh, and he deals drugs and he forced his Fresian into prostitution. "Big Bessie - udderly yours for a bale of hay"
Old 4 Jul 2000, 18:36 (Ref:21440)   #15
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
stefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Two bales, and no less. One bale gets you half an hour with the goat. Ask for Susan.
Old 4 Jul 2000, 18:59 (Ref:21447)   #16
CAR 42
Rookie

CAR 42 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well what can I say
That A-- H--- in the fiesta had brain fade he pushed the go pedal instead of the brake and punted me off
just because I got passed him on the start + 5 others
Just wait till the next race
Richard broadhead had a front wheel bearing go so he stopped
and julian mini stopped after a few laps but not to sure why
but will find out.
Will I be there on the 5th Aug that's a sure 100% bet
New wing all ready on the car just have to do the door/bonnet and rear quarter damage and replace a few bits scrap yard here I come.

MAD RICK
p.s sorry for language but it make's you mad.
Old 4 Jul 2000, 19:02 (Ref:21450)   #17
CAR 42
Rookie

CAR 42 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
P.S Nearly forgot to say I found the TVR nut at last
Hi Graham nice to meet you.

MAD RICK
Old 4 Jul 2000, 19:45 (Ref:21475)   #18
Graham
Veteran

Sorry Stefan, one bale of hay is the price for you in your spiderman costume, isn't it?

Nice to meet you too, Rick. Pity Lee wasn't around. I trust the subsequent nightmares are not too bad?