Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 13 Sep 2019, 18:48 (Ref:3927770)   #1
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Laguna Seca 2019

This is happening as we speak. First practice is almost over and the entire Proto field is within 1.2 seconds. quite a bit more spread in gtlm with the Porsches at the bottom. I'm guessing they are holding back.
Old 13 Sep 2019, 19:06 (Ref:3927771)   #2
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
This is happening as we speak. First practice is almost over and the entire Proto field is within 1.2 seconds. quite a bit more spread in gtlm with the Porsches at the bottom. I'm guessing they are holding back.
Their new sponsor is US Concrete and they're personally delivering bags of it around the track to lucky fans?
Old 13 Sep 2019, 20:15 (Ref:3927787)   #3
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Their new sponsor is US Concrete and they're personally delivering bags of it around the track to lucky fans?

We could use those to build some retaining walls in T4...
Old 14 Sep 2019, 00:21 (Ref:3927818)   #4
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Code Talking. I can't believe there were no BoP changes in GTLM prior to the race. Porsche is not going to want to invite any BoP for Petit (yes, my opinion).
Old 14 Sep 2019, 22:53 (Ref:3927996)   #5
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Acura sweeps front row, Park Place withdrawn after accident in qualy.

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/t...ont-row-sweep/
Old 15 Sep 2019, 08:22 (Ref:3928061)   #6
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I hope they keep the bop the same for the last race. Let them finish the year as is and see what they really have.
Old 15 Sep 2019, 17:24 (Ref:3928154)   #7
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hooray, I can watch this one live!!
Old 15 Sep 2019, 17:48 (Ref:3928161)   #8
belt driven
Racer

United States
NE exurban ATL
belt driven has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
If this race plays out anything like Road America; I might rethink my Petit plans. Wondering which turbo will win reminds me of the Petits I skipped in the late oughts because wondering which Audi would win was less than fascinating.
Old 15 Sep 2019, 19:03 (Ref:3928167)   #9
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by belt driven View Post
If this race plays out anything like Road America; I might rethink my Petit plans. Wondering which turbo will win reminds me of the Petits I skipped in the late oughts because wondering which Audi would win was less than fascinating.
So the race being decided by one of the 5 turbo cars is boring? Lots can happen in the race, you should go.
Old 15 Sep 2019, 19:11 (Ref:3928169)   #10
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Hooray, I can watch this one live!!
I'm going to watch until the Saints game starts, then i hit record

I am having trouble with the imsa radio stream. again.
Old 15 Sep 2019, 19:12 (Ref:3928170)   #11
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by belt driven View Post
More room for me and my idiot friends, then!
Old 15 Sep 2019, 19:14 (Ref:3928171)   #12
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
I'm going to watch until the Saints game starts, then i hit record

I am having trouble with the imsa radio stream. again.
I'm going straight NBCSN until I get tired of the commercial breaks.

I've not watched a recorded race yet this year. Ain't nobody got time for that!

EDIT - The ad breaks are relentless. Searching for a youtube stream.

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 15 Sep 2019 at 19:21.
Old 15 Sep 2019, 19:15 (Ref:3928172)   #13
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I got back from the meat store and cigar shop in time to watch the start. Got a little "bangy" at the corkscrew.

And I love the track map talk after the start of the race...
Old 15 Sep 2019, 19:23 (Ref:3928175)   #14
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I got back from the meat store and cigar shop in time to watch the start. Got a little "bangy" at the corkscrew.

And I love the track map talk after the start of the race...
ARe you saying you would rather watch the race? Now we have some other segment with Mclaren
Old 15 Sep 2019, 19:32 (Ref:3928180)   #15
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Thanks for the race thread, and I can't believe I am watching live (I almost hesitated writing that for fear of fate tipping the satellite out of orbit).

Go Pfaff!
Old 15 Sep 2019, 19:38 (Ref:3928181)   #16
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Seems like some early stops for the protos and especially the gtlm cars. If they only made it 33 minutes, this will be a lot of stops in the race.
Old 15 Sep 2019, 19:46 (Ref:3928184)   #17
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
ARe you saying you would rather watch the race? Now we have some other segment with Mclaren
Yeah, he has to be upper brass at Fox and NBC that just totally don't get motor sports coverage. Or maybe I don't know how the money works.
Old 15 Sep 2019, 19:48 (Ref:3928186)   #18
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Seems like some early stops for the protos and especially the gtlm cars. If they only made it 33 minutes, this will be a lot of stops in the race.
It should be a two or three stop race, right? Short stinting the first one then changing driver on next stop with one last stop for fuel and maybe tires?

EDIT - Joey Hand and Ford already making a driver change. 35 mins for Dirk and 2 hours for Joey. I'd be peeved if i were Dirk. Others changing drivers, too...
Old 15 Sep 2019, 20:06 (Ref:3928191)   #19
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
THe acuras swap places in traffic.

jdc car takes a spin through the beach
Old 15 Sep 2019, 20:15 (Ref:3928195)   #20
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Major action among classes and we switch to onboards of various cars just circulating.
Old 15 Sep 2019, 20:21 (Ref:3928196)   #21
belt driven
Racer

United States
NE exurban ATL
P2 strikes again
Old 15 Sep 2019, 20:28 (Ref:3928197)   #22
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Major action among classes and we switch to onboards of various cars just circulating.
It's like they have a plan going in and they just stick with it rather than covering the event.
Old 15 Sep 2019, 20:29 (Ref:3928198)   #23
Jameson
Racer

Jameson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Am I the only one who can't listen to Shea Adams squeaking and singing on the IMSA stream? Douche comment, I know, but I've waited years before getting it out. Alright, back to racing..
Old 15 Sep 2019, 20:45 (Ref:3928202)   #24
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Is that Pat Long on NBC commentary crew?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson View Post
Am I the only one who can't listen to Shea Adams squeaking and singing on the IMSA stream? Douche comment, I know, but I've waited years before getting it out. Alright, back to racing..
People seem to either enjoy her well enough or despise her. I'm watching ads on NBCSN so I can't give my opinion on her today

I wish IMSA would show the races live on their Roku app.
Old 15 Sep 2019, 21:06 (Ref:3928208)   #25
belt driven
Racer

United States
NE exurban ATL
55 dead... Trans