Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 20 Aug 2008, 01:00 (Ref:2271923)   #51
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
Most definitely. I was not trying to be contrary - I think we both get what is going on, and where the issues lie when it comes to independent development. I was just trying to clarify in order to strengthen the argument to those who don't see it right away.

Wesoloski's quote seems to strengthen LAA's position - GM/Corvette Racing seems to be pretty impressed with the outfit, enough to risk association with the effort further through their pilots driving for the team on their own time. I bet if they decide to bite, it will be on a selective basis - and I bet LAA is pretty much top on that list!
I, also, would agree with those thoughts. I wonder, if they do decide to (GM), how much will hinge on which chassis it is to go in? In other words, and not trying to anger anyone, would a Pesca be a candidate with their lack of budget?

L.P.
Old 21 Aug 2008, 17:16 (Ref:2272835)   #52
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
adding to the pescarolo fact as well that they're car is showing its age and hasnt changed that much apart from the engine since mid-late 2005, unless pescarolo are building a new car.
Old 21 Aug 2008, 17:23 (Ref:2272840)   #53
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only due to lack of funds.

There are some very capable people in that team, but money has always been an issue with that team. Not even windtunnelwork can be afforded, instead they use a French airstrip. Which is a shame, i would love to see that team unleashed.
Old 21 Aug 2008, 17:52 (Ref:2272851)   #54
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslak Vind

There are some very capable people in that team, but money has always been an issue with that team. Not even windtunnelwork can be afforded, instead they use a French airstrip. Which is a shame, i would love to see that team unleashed.
I would agree.
But at the moment I am not sure if the Pesca is a good choice for the scenario. Now if they had budget, it could very well be a different story.

L.P.
Old 21 Aug 2008, 18:59 (Ref:2272890)   #55
SebringMG
Veteran

United Kingdom
SebringMG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Personally i would prefer to put my money into the hands of Oreca-Courage given the choice - The Pesca really needs a new chassis and without a massive injection of funds i cannot see it really cutting it.....
Old 21 Aug 2008, 21:45 (Ref:2273002)   #56
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslak Vind

true, henri's team is incredibly capable, more than a match for the likes of Audi and Peugeot its just the fact that the car is outdated and in desperate need of a new chassis etc etc.

i believe though that henri chooses not to do windtunnel work on the pescarolo, they use some method by which they whizz up and down a airstrip and use some sensory doo da's to measure the drag and so on, hence why the pescarolo is so damn good at high speed tracks and at lemans, predominantly because the car has a low drag coefficient.

the GM powerplant programme would be much better in the hands of oreca courage or shock horror, epsilon as the car's potential has yet to be fulfilled but putting it in the hands of epsilon is a big gamble, could work and it could blow up in people's faces.

as was said on pesca's end, the new red bull sponsorship that is coming along, will it replace the playstation sponsorship or run alongside that sponsor?
Old 21 Aug 2008, 22:02 (Ref:2273012)   #57
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GT1 or LMP1 Engine ? Hmmmmm Ilmor builds BIG boat racing V8s and V10s.
Old 22 Aug 2008, 01:30 (Ref:2273083)   #58
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone heard if Binnie or Pierre Bruneau are to return in 2009?
Old 22 Aug 2008, 01:56 (Ref:2273085)   #59
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptkablamo
Has anyone heard if Binnie or Pierre Bruneau are to return in 2009?
?? Binnie did have the car out for a test and tune 3 weeks ago at Lime Rock.

L.P.
Old 22 Aug 2008, 04:45 (Ref:2273104)   #60
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Hmm, WF01/Acura?? link

L.P.
Old 22 Aug 2008, 07:26 (Ref:2273153)   #61
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting news about the 909H, and I agree on the views on Franck Montagny.
Old 22 Aug 2008, 08:39 (Ref:2273186)   #62
geeteeone
Racer

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes, UK
geeteeone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
Weren't there a couple of different Saleen Ford V8 specs, yet all homologated/legal.
Certainly ACEMCO used both Elan and Hutter built V8s in their Saleens at various times. No idea who built the engines for Konrad, Zakspeed or ORECA. I think as long as they are all based on the engine homologated in the road car, it doesn't matter who the builder is.
Old 22 Aug 2008, 13:25 (Ref:2273346)   #63
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeteeone
Certainly ACEMCO used both Elan and Hutter built V8s in their Saleens at various times. No idea who built the engines for Konrad, Zakspeed or ORECA. I think as long as they are all based on the engine homologated in the road car, it doesn't matter who the builder is.
That's the interesting point, theoretically someone could use the V12 from the 550/575, or Enzo based V12 from the MC12, even if they could not get a supply from the factory.

It would defeat the purpose of buying an off the shelf, developed, engine, but if the restrictor break is still in place, it could be worthwile.
Old 22 Aug 2008, 15:24 (Ref:2273394)   #64
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Has anyone started to deal with the lifting problem yet? I mean has there been a solution to the cars becoming airbourne when turned sideways in an incident?
Old 22 Aug 2008, 15:24 (Ref:2273395)   #65
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeteeone

I think you will find that to be true, as long as it is under the authorization of the homologation holder.
A prime example of the overall situation is the Lucchini debacle and the fact that Lucchini refused to re-certify the car after work was done to it!

L.P.
Old 22 Aug 2008, 16:35 (Ref:2273427)   #66
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Mariantic says no new car for next year...
Old 22 Aug 2008, 16:56 (Ref:2273438)   #67
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
I think you will find that to be true, as long as it is under the authorization of the homologation holder.
A prime example of the overall situation is the Lucchini debacle and the fact that Lucchini refused to re-certify the car after work was done to it!

L.P.
That may just be the chassis due to safety concerns, afterall they can switch engine types race to race.

Last edited by JAG; 22 Aug 2008 at 17:02.
Old 22 Aug 2008, 17:49 (Ref:2273480)   #68
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG

L.P.
News about what they changed on the chassis? If they changed something of the tub itself and removed/added carbon fibre somewhere, I totally understand that.
Racing Box has no chassis to scrap on a chrash test?

Last edited by ger80; 22 Aug 2008 at 17:51.
Old 22 Aug 2008, 20:05 (Ref:2273538)   #69
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9/89
Has anyone started to deal with the lifting problem yet? I mean has there been a solution to the cars becoming airbourne when turned sideways in an incident?
last i heard was the ACO were going to review the situation and go from there, then we had the peugeot and kruse schiller blowovers and the ACO said modifications to the car's wings would be made but apart from that i dont think anything else has been said about it, seems people's memories are pretty short on the whole thus far, as Lemans appears to be a distant memory now as does monza.
Old 23 Aug 2008, 04:13 (Ref:2273645)   #70
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
June 12: "All aero devices on the bottom of the cars will be banned for 2009." (Poissenot)

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/68235

July 14: "Both LMP1 and LMP2 rear wing configurations will be reviewed"

http://www.planetlemans.com/2008/07/...mans-24-hours/

I don't think that's all... might be just missing from the summary.
Old 23 Aug 2008, 11:10 (Ref:2273803)   #71
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis
June 12: "All aero devices on the bottom of the cars will be banned for 2009." (Poissenot)

Are they suggesting the diffusers will be banned too? Surely they provide downforce to keep the car on the road?
Old 23 Aug 2008, 16:28 (Ref:2273897)   #72
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
technically all aero devices on the bottom of the car also extends to the front splitter as well does it not as well as the rear diffuser?
Old 23 Aug 2008, 16:39 (Ref:2273905)   #73
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis

Might be just flat bottoms, which did cause a few cars to take off. Putting in some channels or ribbing that sticks down off the bottom, would prevent sidewaise lift.
Old 25 Aug 2008, 09:09 (Ref:2274881)   #74
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A hint at what's to come perhaps?

http://www.endurance-info.com/2008_L...decalee_65.jpg
Old 26 Aug 2008, 12:11 (Ref:2275554)   #75
JAG
Veteran

England
On Endurance Mag last night Luc Alphand said they are aiming for a protoype, but that may have to wait for 2010.

In '09 they will continue in GT1, provided the class continues, but it may be in FIA GT, which in effect would kill GT1 in the LMS.