Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 8 Dec 2001, 21:25 (Ref:183756)   #1
Invincible
Racer

New Zealand-Maori
Warrington
Invincible should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Donington Park Formula 3 Start 1996 (I believe)

http://tbk.fameflame.dk/videos/open_wheel/crash735.mpg

Who was involved, i'm convinced the car that stalled was a Stewart but who drove it?

I'm also convinced the black car that rolled was Paula Cook, it was ccertainly a member of the Cook family

But who else was involved, and who won?

what year was it? Was it 1996?

Anyone hurt? coz it looked bad.

Can anyone help me please?
Old 8 Dec 2001, 23:04 (Ref:183788)   #2
Takuma
Racer

Takuma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PSR drivers in 96 were Ralph Firman and Johnny Kane.

I remember that Chris Clark was involved in the crash, he recieved brusing but nothing more.

All of this is from memory, if anyone has access to the results please add to the information
Old 9 Dec 2001, 11:18 (Ref:183880)   #3
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It says the file can't be found.

Sorry.
Old 9 Dec 2001, 12:09 (Ref:183907)   #4
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
man you gotta get away from that site invincible

I havent looked at the file but I believe I know the one you are refering to and yes the Stewart cars were Johnny Kane and Ralph Firman...I dont really know who else was involved but i believe Paula Cook may have been as well and yes I think she was the one that rolled..i will have to hunt throught my tapes again to find out though.
Old 9 Dec 2001, 12:11 (Ref:183909)   #5
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Donington Park Formula 3 Start 1996 (I believe)

Quote:
"F3:- Norwich's Ralph Firman was back to his best as he put his Paul Stewart Racing Dallara on pole for Sunday's British Formula Three race at Donington. Firman edged out teammate Jonny Kane by just two-tenths of a second with a lap of 1 min 30.313 secs. "We made a few detailed changes to the set-up. That helped termedously," Firman said afterwards. Belgian Kurt Molleckens (1:30.810) will start third on the grid - his best-ever qualifying performance since joining Formula Three last year.

F3:- Yorkshire company director Paula Cook escaped unhurt in an horrific shunt on the start-line in the British Formula Three Championship race at Donington. Her Dallara rolled spectacularly after colliding with two other spinning cars as the field charged off the grid. The incident came when the race was re-started after a three-car collision at Redgate Corner on the opening lap. The cars got away safely third time around and Colombian Juan Pablo Montoya won comfortably from Darren Manning over a reduced 12-lap distance."
Old 13 Dec 2001, 00:43 (Ref:185273)   #6
MichaelC
Veteran

MichaelC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now that's a great trivia question - Paula Cook and Juan Montoya in the same race. No disrespect to Ms. Cook, but there's a bit of a gap there...
Old 13 Dec 2001, 07:09 (Ref:185335)   #7
Takuma
Racer

Takuma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paula could drive very well, I remember her getting a number of top 10 qualifying positions and top 6 finishes. Ok not F1 material, but a very competent performance, better than some drivers who went on to race in F1, (stand up Mr Diniz and Inue!!!!)
Old 24 May 2020, 19:37 (Ref:3978117)   #8
MDCutting
Rookie

England
Somewhere in the UK
MDCutting should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know this incident as it was Brian Smith in the Autocredito backed TOM'S who struck the rear of the Firman car, for the second time that season! The first time was at Silverstone for the opening round and was probably a worse impact in terms of speed, but it didn't trigger such a spectacular chain reaction. Incidentally Paula also tested with TOM'S on at least one occasion.
Old 24 May 2020, 21:53 (Ref:3978129)   #9
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I remember it as I was marshalling at the exit of the Esses and we saw the car above the pit buildings.
Old 25 May 2020, 14:16 (Ref:3978217)   #10
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3vkmMghpDo