Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > WTCC & European Touring Car Series

Old 1 Oct 2019, 12:47 (Ref:3931276)   #16
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
If AJ is ahead of CT but only just in round 3 and the title comes down to that last race, I think youíll see a DNF from both of them Ďaccidentallyí
Unless Cammish is within 20pts.
Old 1 Oct 2019, 12:50 (Ref:3931277)   #17
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should be interesting, it's the first time in a couple years we've had more than 2 drivers to focus on!
Old 1 Oct 2019, 15:52 (Ref:3931309)   #18
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Cammish has really established himself as the lead driver in the team. He's really come on leaps and bounds this season and he has been rewarded by a shot at the title. Whatever happens he can hold his head up proud for the effort he has put in
Old 1 Oct 2019, 16:34 (Ref:3931315)   #19
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well i will be there Saturday and Sunday, so much better than watching it on itv4.
Old 1 Oct 2019, 18:56 (Ref:3931342)   #20
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Iíve got actual money on AJ so I think itís unlikely heíll win as I never win anything.

I think itíll be Turkington and I think if he does win, he wonít return next year.
To be honest, I think Colin is quite safe until WSR is supported by BMW. Probably the team's not fully funded by BMW (or BMW UK) but they must give some ££ to the team. So as Turks is de facto a team leader, I think he's quite certain to retain his seat.
Old 1 Oct 2019, 19:41 (Ref:3931345)   #21
Robin Marriott
Racer

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I mean I think he’ll call it a day, not the team. One more title and he equals Rouse’s record, I’m just not sure he’ll go for another.
Old 1 Oct 2019, 19:52 (Ref:3931348)   #22
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
To be honest, I think Colin is quite safe until WSR is supported by BMW. Probably the team's not fully funded by BMW (or BMW UK) but they must give some ££ to the team. So as Turks is de facto a team leader, I think he's quite certain to retain his seat.
And he hasn't moved to the mainland to retire.
Old 1 Oct 2019, 20:14 (Ref:3931351)   #23
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I mean I think he’ll call it a day, not the team. One more title and he equals Rouse’s record, I’m just not sure he’ll go for another.
why not ?

wouldn't he want 5 titles to be greatest BTCC driver of all time ?

people forget he is the indy champion of 2007-2008 so he sort of already has 5 titles

Last edited by porsche962fan; 1 Oct 2019 at 20:27.
Old 1 Oct 2019, 20:55 (Ref:3931355)   #24
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
wouldn't he want 5 titles to be greatest BTCC driver of all time ?

people forget he is the indy champion of 2007-2008 so he sort of already has 5 titles
If Indy titles count towards being the greatest of all time, then I think Matt Neal might have something to say about that distinction.
Old 1 Oct 2019, 22:12 (Ref:3931369)   #25
Pickles
Racer

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
If Indy titles count towards being the greatest of all time, then I think Matt Neal might have something to say about that distinction.
Is that Matt Neal, BTCC Independent Champion 1991-2005?
Old 1 Oct 2019, 22:39 (Ref:3931371)   #26
James Kaye
Rookie

James Kaye should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Is that Matt Neal, BTCC Independent Champion 1991-2005?
Ahem
Old 2 Oct 2019, 09:03 (Ref:3931406)   #27
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Neal won it in 93, 95, 99, 00, 05 and 06
Old 2 Oct 2019, 10:13 (Ref:3931424)   #28
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Matt Neal with low ballast to qualify well and then 'play the team game'? Yeh, go on then.
Old 2 Oct 2019, 10:42 (Ref:3931429)   #29
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlbtcc View Post
Matt Neal with low ballast to qualify well and then 'play the team game'? Yeh, go on then.
The thing is, realistically what could TOCA or the stewards do if Neal were to torpedo Turkington or Jordan out of the race? The worst that would happen is that Neal would get points or a grid penalty. Nothing would happen to Dynamics or Cammish.
Old 2 Oct 2019, 11:39 (Ref:3931437)   #30
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
The thing is, realistically what could TOCA or the stewards do if Neal were to torpedo Turkington or Jordan out of the race?
They could apply Regulation 4.2.4:

'Where in the opinion of the BTCC Clerk any competitor(s), team(s) and/or manufacturer(s)/constructor(s) has gained an unfair advantage (whether inadvertently or not) from a breach of the Regulations either by its own actions or those of another competitor the BTCC Clerk may after giving the parties a right to be heard impose any one or more of the following penalties upon such competitor(s) and/or team(s) and/or manufacturer(s)/constructor(s) in order to remove or otherwise compensate for such advantage:-
4.2.4.a. reprimand
4.2.4.b. fine: Future participation in the Championship shall not be permitted until this fine is paid
4.2.4.c. time penalty
4.2.4.d. exclusion from the event or any part thereof
4.2.4.e. one or more of the above penalties may be imposed as appropriate'