Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 29 Jun 2009, 14:30 (Ref:2493331)   #1
lml698
Racer

England
Glos
lml698 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AMOC, Snetterton, 18/19 July, 2009 [incl. Martini trophy race revived !! (3 hr)]

The AMOC have revived the famous old Martini Trophy race. It is a 3 hr enduro race and is being held as part of their 2 day Snetterton meeting on July 18th.
Eligible cars are any sports or GT cars built after 1970. Tyres are free. There are mandatory pit stops and refueling.
For any further info please contact Martin Attack at AMOC. <comps@amoc.org> 01865 400400
Should be good fun !!!

Last edited by John Turner; 29 Jun 2009 at 17:02.
Old 29 Jun 2009, 16:01 (Ref:2493392)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Perfect timing. 1970? I'm sure that isn't historic is it?
Old 29 Jun 2009, 17:01 (Ref:2493432)   #3
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mark, I've been looking forward to this announcement for a while. Excellent news - and well done, I believe, to Martin Atack for pushing on with this one. I attended a couple of the original Martini Internationals in the late 60's, early 70's, at Silverstone. Peter, I know that you are joking and probably pulling the leg of the purists but they will have to put up with the fact that from my own point of view, I have an arbitrary cut off date of 15 years for historic racing; hence my coverage of series for much later cars! And, it's a rolling 15 years, too!

Oh, and just for the record, spectators can now get back to the outside of the startline at Snetterton, via the back of the Bombhole and Coram again. The run off areas have been extended around here although the earthworks haven't been completed. Good news particularly for the 3 hour events since it means that anoraks like me can watch and photograph from more locations!
Old 29 Jun 2009, 17:04 (Ref:2493434)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
and well done, I believe, to Martin Atack for pushing on with this one. Peter, I know that you are joking
Yes.

Should I build a car for this? Or indeed a TVR Taimar might suit.
Old 30 Jun 2009, 08:40 (Ref:2493754)   #5
lml698
Racer

England
Glos
lml698 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peter

Please contact Martin direct to check on the suitability of any potential cars.

Mark C
Old 15 Jul 2009, 21:18 (Ref:2502479)   #6
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd adapt Mark's. So who is going? It should be a great weekend!
Old 17 Jul 2009, 18:45 (Ref:2503452)   #7
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well John, I'll be there in my other role this weekend, out on the bank somewhere no doubt waving what looks likely be rather damp bits of various coloured cloth if todays weather is anything to go by!!

Should be a great weekend - and good to see another super 3hr event with such a historic pedigree being reinstated at a great circuit with such a history of endurance racing - well done to Martin and the AMOC team.

Terry
Old 21 Jul 2009, 20:36 (Ref:2505715)   #8
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you to all the competitors, officials and especially all the marshals who endured the relatively high winds and showers during a good weekend's racing.

A special thank you to the crew on Pit Exit on Saturday and to the team on Russell on Sunday for all your efforts and for putting up with me too!

I did at one stage have a strong feeling of deja-vu when I saw the Porsche lose it on the exit of Coram and head straight across the track behind Fantasy Island (Russell In Post) across the grass at high speed towards the Russell Barrier/Tyre Wall, although possibly not as much as our Flag Marshal Russell did a year or so ago when a similar Porsche managed a similar thing!

John - great to meet up and have a natter as always - hope you managed to get some good shots!

It was fairly quiet at Russell on Sunday - that is until I saw Richard S heading in our direction with camera at the ready - decided it was then a good time to pick up the, til then, little used report pad - which, due to Richard's magnetic effect, was soon being filled in several times! Even resulted in me getting detention outside the Head Masters office for 30mins at the end of the day - thanks Richard!!

Terry
Old 22 Jul 2009, 07:07 (Ref:2505863)   #9
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Terry, it was good to meet up again, and yes Richard causes trouble wherever he goes!

This was an interesting meeting with loads of potential to develop. I'm guessing that the relatively short notice of this double header and holidays contributed to a couple of depleted grids. I also wonder why Snetterton isn't as popular amongst competitors as it ought to be. However, even where we were short of cars, there was good racing to liven up the proceedings.

I'll do my usual, starting with some Pit & Paddock shots but I'm playing catch up at the moment and fairly well occupied over the coming days, so it might be a while before I really get going on this thread. However, that shouldn't stop anyone else posting their accounts/views of this weekend.

Last edited by John Turner; 23 Jul 2009 at 08:14.
Old 23 Jul 2009, 08:17 (Ref:2506456)   #10
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Pit & Paddock

A few shots taken on Saturday morning.
Attached Thumbnails
2009AMOC18July 003wb.jpg   2009AMOC18July 004wb.jpg   2009AMOC18July 007wb.jpg  

2009AMOC18July 010wb.jpg   2009AMOC18July 012wb.jpg   2009AMOC18July 031wb.jpg  

Old 23 Jul 2009, 11:57 (Ref:2506542)   #11
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
JT as usual you have whetted my appetite for what is to come...
Old 23 Jul 2009, 20:07 (Ref:2506806)   #12
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm a bit confused. Not unusual really but i had thought that the Martini 3 hour race was a Historic race but it appears from the race report in this weeks Autosport to have been dominated by very modern Aston Martin N24s, A Porsche GT3 & even a Honda Integra DC5 took part. I wasn't aware that it was actually a Britcar round!
Old 23 Jul 2009, 20:42 (Ref:2506837)   #13
restyles
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bridgham, Norfolk.
restyles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I also see from todays Autosport that the 3hr Martini Trophy will be run at the Horsefall meeting at Silverstone next year. BOO !! I love those long races even if they are for more modern machinery. I know that it will attract a better entry than running it at Snett, but I dont live 8 mins from Silverstone !! Why is it that Snett does not attract good entries these days ? It did in the 60's when it took 3 days to get here from the next county.
Apologies for increasing your workload Terry !!

Richard (The magnet) S
Old 24 Jul 2009, 09:16 (Ref:2507039)   #14
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
I'm a bit confused. Not unusual really but i had thought that the Martini 3 hour race was a Historic race but it appears from the race report in this weeks Autosport to have been dominated by very modern Aston Martin N24s, A Porsche GT3 & even a Honda Integra DC5 took part. I wasn't aware that it was actually a Britcar round!
I think that the longer term approach to this race is yet to be determined. From a personal point of view it would be good to have a race for the post 1970 2 -litre cars (T212, B19 etc) plus maybe an invitation class to ensure a good sized grid. I think that the main thing is that the Martini Trophy has been resurrected; it has a great history and was always an AMOC run race; in fact I believe it was the only race with International status run by a car club, so it has a special historical significance. Everything was done at short notice this year so, yes, some of the cars were Britcar cars, and apart from a couple of older V8 Astons and an older Porsche, the cars were modern and included 6 N24s. I think given the short notice, the fact that it was during the holiday period and, as Richard has mentioned some competitors seem to have an aversion to Snetterton, it was as good a revival of the Martini as we could have expected. As you will see from Autosport, Martin Atack is considering the possibility that it will run, next year, at the St John Horsfall meeting at Silverstone, which historically, is the circuit associated with this race. However, nothing is cast in stone, so it's a case of 'watch this space'!
Old 30 Jul 2009, 11:01 (Ref:2511556)   #15
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Race 1 - Aston Martin Historic Championship

6 starters; 6 finishers.

A very disappointing entry for the first race of the day, it was programmed to go 30 minutes, but reduced to 20 minutes, due, I suspect to inadequate entry list. Given the attendance of a number of Astons from the period covered by this race, at the Silverstone Classic the following weekend, we have to consider the likelihood that some were 'saving' their cars for the latter event.

For 3 or 4 laps it looked as though we had a race for the lead on as David Reed (53 - DB2) was shadowed by Nick Ruddell (40 - DB2/4 MkIII) - see pic 2, but eventually Reed stretched away to win by nearly 19 seconds. Mark Midgeley was 3rd in another DB2 (52 - pic 6). The only pre war Aston was the MkII of Jim Campbell (26 - pic 4) who finished 4th. Doug Barker was 5th in his DB2/4 Mk1 (42 - pic 1) and Graham Barker, 6th in his DB2/4 MkII (45 - pic 5)
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5119wl6.jpg   IMG_5132wl6.jpg   IMG_5135wl6.jpg  

IMG_5141wl6.jpg   IMG_5180wl6.jpg   IMG_5197wl6.jpg  

Old 1 Aug 2009, 07:51 (Ref:2512975)   #16
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Race 2 - Austin Healey Championship

23 starters; 15 finishers.

A 40 minute race sponsored by Lackford Engineering this was a very lively affair although we did lose a number of cars through mechanical woes. We had no less than 4 different leaders with some good dicing through the field. Visiting Swede, Anders Schildt, on a 'racing holiday' put his Healey 3000 (68) on pole and took the lead from the off, pursued by 3 other big Healeys (see Pic 1) who all led at one stage or another. Schildt held onto the lead for several laps but came under increasing pressure from Hugo Holland-Bosworh (52) - see pic 3 - who eventually got ahead but then had to pit to clear his screen of oil, possibly from the Schildt car as that had started to suffer gearbox problems. Schildt resumed the lead but was then hunted down by Marc Campfield (9) who had finally shaken off a tenacious David Smithies - see pic 4. In the meantime, a couple of the battles that raged down the field were between Harvey Woods (83 - Ashley Sprite - 13th) and Mark Lister (4 - Sprite - 14th) - see pic 2, and between Robin Lackford (57 - Frogeye Sprite - 3rd) and Drew Cameron (12 - Frogeye Sprite - DNF) - see pic 5. The final pic shows Patrick Harris (9), who went on to finish 5th (Continued in next post.)
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5217wl6.jpg   IMG_5230wl6.jpg   IMG_5258wl6.jpg  

IMG_5279wl6.jpg   IMG_5286wl6.jpg   IMG_5337wl6.jpg  

Last edited by John Turner; 1 Aug 2009 at 08:18.
Old 1 Aug 2009, 08:16 (Ref:2512981)   #17
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Race 2 - Austin Healey Championship (continued)

The first pic shows Mark Potter in his BN7 (61). He went onto finish 6th. Pic shows the pretty profile of the Ashley Sprite. Pic 3 shows Anders Lotsengard locking up his wheels (62 - 11th) whilst, Robert Rawe (18) goes the whole hog by spinning out of the Russell Chicane before going on to finish 7th - see pic 4. A little later Mark Potter did the same thing. Pic 5 shows Marc Campfield (2), now safely esconced in the lead with a few seconds cushion to David Smithies. However, he was not win either, as on lap 22 he pulled into the pits to retire with engine maladies. Thus David Smithies found himself in the lead and took the chequered flag, after 28 laps. It was a classic example of 'to finish first, you first have to finish'. The pace of the front four had been such that when he crossed the line, he was fully 70 seconds ahead of 2nd place Eric Woolley (16 - see last pic), who had benefited from the attrition ahead of him.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5365wl5.jpg   IMG_5403wl6.jpg   IMG_5471wl6.jpg  

IMG_5477wl6.jpg   IMG_5566wl6.jpg   IMG_5673wl6.jpg  

Old 2 Aug 2009, 09:06 (Ref:2513767)   #18
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Race 3 - 1950's Sports Car Team Challenge

22 starters; 18 finishers.

I believe this race series was born out of an idea of Mark Campbell's about 3 years ago. It is becoming, for me at any rate, one of the attractions of the AMOC meetings and I think that entries are getting bigger. We had a lovely grid of cars for Snetterton, and having gone through my shots, I'm going to have to spread this over 3 posts to do it justice. First 3 home of each team score, although not every team is able to field 3 cars on every occasion. No matter, it provides a great array of cars - have a look at pic 2 - Aston, Jaguar, Sunbeam Alpine, Alfa, Austin Healey, Lancia!

On pole was the Frogeye Sprite (54) of Xavier Sanz de Acedo and he took the lead initially from the Aston DB MkIII (40) of Nicholas Ruddell - see pic 1. On lap lap 3, Adrian Johnson (52) overtook Ruddell to take 2nd going into the Esses only to take to the grass on the exit - see pic 3. I think Ruddell and the other pursuers decided to back off whilst Johnson sorted himself out as he retained 2nd place and was soon glued to the leader's tail. Pic 4 shows Graham Oakins in his Alfa Romeo Guilia Sprint (67) which was eventually to finish 17th. Car 8 is Andrew Mitchell's pretty Bristol Special built using a 401 as a basis. Unfortunately, it failed to finish. The final pic shows the Austin Healey 100M (56) of Nils-Frederick Nyblaes getting out of shape at the exit of the Esses. He finished 12th.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5733wl6.jpg   IMG_5736wl6.jpg   IMG_5770wl6.jpg  

IMG_5782wl6.jpg   IMG_5806wl6.jpg   IMG_5877wl6.jpg  

Old 2 Aug 2009, 09:45 (Ref:2513782)   #19
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Race 3 - 1950's Sports Car Team Challenge (continued)

95 is the AC Ace of Gavin Henderson which finished 14th, The next pic shows the dice for the lead, shortly to lap two of the 3 Lancia Aurelia B20s in the race. The DB2 is not a big car; it's just that the Frogeye is so small! Note the darker green of newly seeded grass for extended run off area in the Bombhole and the marshal's post set further back. Pic 3 is of Mark Pangbourne's Austin Healey 100M (98). In the second half of this half hour race, he was really motoring and looked likely to challenge Johnson, who was by then the leader, only for the Healey to run out of fuel 3 laps from the end. Johnson had earlier taken the lead from the Frogeye going into the Esses, only to repeat his earlier excursion onto the grass and hand the lead back. He did eventually hit the front and make it stick despite further offs here, and Sanz de Acedo retired the Sprite after 13 laps, the Aston winning by some margin after Pangbourne's retirement. Pic 4 is of the Jaguar XK120 (87) of Glenn Tollett and the Sunbeam Alpine of Bryn Griffiths (88) enter the Esses side by side. They emerged safely out the other side, too! Tollett was 6th and Griffiths, 7th, so they stayed close as only 2 seconds separated them at the flag. Car 34 is the Sunbeam Alpine Le Mans which finished 9th. Some may question why a model from the 1960s is allowed in, and it is true that all the Alpines in this race were post 1960. However, the Alpine has its roots (Rootes!) firmly in the 1950s, being signed off in 1957 with production started in 1959. Besides the Alpine, apart from lying between two decades, does give away performance to its early 1960s contemporaries, the MGBs and TRs, so this is a good place for it, I feel. Nicholas Ruddell has just lapped the Lancia Aurelia B20 (19) of Chris Gawne who was to finish 16th. Ruddell finished 2nd albeit 26 seconds behind the Johnson DB2.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5914wl6.jpg   IMG_5919wl6.jpg   IMG_5922wl6.jpg  

IMG_5926wl6.jpg   IMG_5937wl6.jpg   IMG_5971wl6.jpg  

Last edited by John Turner; 3 Aug 2009 at 09:29.
Old 2 Aug 2009, 10:22 (Ref:2513806)   #20
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Race 3 - 1950's Sports Car Team Challenge (continued)

I don't know what happened to Andy Shepherd at the start because he was well back in the pack despite having qualified 5th. However, he really entertained with his press on driving, the AC Ace (5) displayiong a considerable degree of roll. He had charged back up to 3rd by the end and, by my reckoning, sealed the team win for the 'Ace of Diamonds' team. Car 7 is the Austin Healey 100M of Austen Wells who finished 8th. A member of the 'Healey Hares' team, I think that they would have secured the team win had Pangbourne not run out of fuel. Pic 3 shows Louise Kennedy's Lancia Aurelia B20 (65). I spoke at some length to her about the car during the meeting; she loves the way it drives and it suits her down to the ground. Louise was by far the quickest of the B20s in the race, lapping some 4 seconds quicker than her team mates, made a great start although did drop back after quicker cars got by but still finished 13th. Car 48 is Stephen Chapman's Sunbeam Alpine Harrington, last of the classified runners. There was a good battle between Bryn Griffiths Alpine (88) and Peter Shaw's Alfa Romeo Guilia Sprint (79) which was resolved very much in the Alfa's. In fact Shaw was a late and welcome addition to this field and his drive was rewarded with a fine 4th place. Finally, the third of the Aurelia B20s was that of Tim Burrett (30) who finished 15th.

Even now I haven't found room for 3 of the Astons, but they did appear in Race 1 and at least one, the DB2 (but see pic 2 of of #18) Anne Reed who finished 5th in this race, will appear in a later race.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6007wl6.jpg   IMG_6039wl6.jpg   IMG_6052wl6.jpg  

IMG_6067wl6.jpg   IMG_6121wl6.jpg   IMG_6127wl6.jpg  

Last edited by John Turner; 3 Aug 2009 at 09:27.
Old 3 Aug 2009, 08:55 (Ref:2514411)   #21
LAK
Racer

LAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
John - what fabulous pictures! And a brilliant commentary to go with it as well - in the cockpit you don't often get to see how the race develops so it's wonderful to hear (and see) what went on.

You're certainly right that this 50's Challenge has really got a lot of people's interest. Although not all cars are technically "FIA" it is of no matter as all the cars are handicapped based on previous performance. Therefore the handicappers set an expected finishing position and if you beat it you get points, match it you get zero and come lower you lose points. The team's points are then added up and winners declared.

Despite being a bit quicker than my team mates I didn't actually beat my expected finishing position (I think I went too fast at Silverstone!) but my team mates Tim and Chris did so we were delighted to actually win the handicap race for the second time out of 3 races (Team Squadra Elfanti Rossi Corse). Thanks very much to my team mates.

The next event is on Sunday at the Bentley drivers weekend which we're really looking forward to. I've allowed my better half to take over the controls and we hope for another good performance by the team although the handicappers may well adjust our handicap based on Snetterton's result.

And when we get to Thruxton in September we may well have a 4th Aurelia in the team - now how fantastic would that be!

Thanks again John.
Old 3 Aug 2009, 09:35 (Ref:2514443)   #22
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Louise, thanks for kind comments, and also explaining the team points scoring system. I've been trying to establish the basis for a while without any joy, so I just took a 'flyer' at how it worked. So well done to your team! I have family commitments this coming weekend so will miss the BDC; however, Thruxton is definitely on the cards.
Old 5 Aug 2009, 06:58 (Ref:2515918)   #23
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Race 5 - AMOC Classic Championship.

15 starters; 12 at the restart and 7 classified finishers.

A race of two parts since an accident led to a stoppage and restart. Chris Scragg was on pole with his modified V8 (3) and took the lead, but made it look harder than it was because Les Goble, after disposing of the fast starting second row of Robert Rawe (19 - DB4) and Darren McWhirter (37 - Zagato bodied DB4) glued his modrn Vantage GT4 to the back of the big V8. Rawe and McWhirter were having there own dice just a little way behind. It all fell apart when the McWhirter car drppoed a copios amount of fluid and came to a halt. Stephen Byrne (8) spun on the fluid going into Riches and hit the barriers doing his freshly restored DB4 no good at all. This brought out the redflags, and at the same to time Martin Brewer pulled his DB5 off track.

Pic 1 shows the first lap, Scragg having already gone through whilst Goble is yet to pass either Rawe or MacWhirter. Pic 2 is of the Byrne car in pristine condition. The next one is of the lead battle. 88 is Pat Cookes's V8 Vantage which finished 6th after the restart. Pic 5 shows Robin Reed's DBS (17) and David Scott's N24 which finished 5th after the restart. The last pic is of Martin Brewer's DB5 (53).
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7541wl6.jpg   IMG_7567wl6.jpg   IMG_7579wl6.jpg  

IMG_7640wl6.jpg   IMG_7635wl6.jpg   IMG_7565wl6.jpg  

Old 5 Aug 2009, 07:38 (Ref:2515928)   #24
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Race 5 - AMOC Classic Championship (continued)

The stoppage gave me time to get round to the Esses, so the next pic shows Scragg exiting them whilst Goble is entering. Scragg was in no mood to hang around and this time just drove off into the distance to win by nearly 35 seconds over 12 laps! With no MacWhirter at the restart, it was Alan Hudd (90) who took the challenge to Rawe for 3rd place, but Rawe retired. However, Hudd still didn't take the final podium position having been relegated to 4th by Tom Black's Vantage N24. Pic 3 is of Julian Bailey Watt's V8 (5) and pic 4 is Richard Butler's series 2 V8 (98). Car 66 is the Robert MacVicar DB 4, and 14 is Paul Hipwell's V8 which finished 7th. Interestingly the Butler, MacVicar, Bailey Watt's and Reed cars were disqualified (hence no placings for them) later following post race scrutineering, 3 for being under weight, and the other, Robin Reed for having vented discs, so you see, things do get checked occasionally. In the case of Reed, there seems to be a strong argument that it is not wise to race a DBS with the standard discs, but is currently outside AMOC regs. It is also possible that Butler may be reinstated as it seems there may have been a misinterpretation of the regs.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7698wl6.jpg   IMG_7717wl6.jpg   IMG_7729wl6.jpg  

IMG_7763wl6.jpg   IMG_7764wl6.jpg   IMG_7777wl6.jpg  

Old 9 Aug 2009, 06:45 (Ref:2518239)   #25
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shame I was otherwise occupied for this one John! Fabulous photos by the way.Would have been good to have caught up with a few old friends as well.Louise,good to hear the cars getting sorted now and if I had of been there,I wouldn't have tried to wind you up,honest!