Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 9 Jul 2009, 18:33 (Ref:2498546)   #26
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
blahblah pesimistic.
As Barnum said-- a sucker is born every day.

The races after Sebring next year will determine if the IMSA has become a total cluster-f/ck.
Old 9 Jul 2009, 20:22 (Ref:2498602)   #27
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Riebe View Post
As Barnum said-- a sucker is born every day.

The races after Sebring next year will determine if the IMSA has become a total cluster-f/ck.

Don't attack the poster, and don't dodge the auto-censor, Bob...watch the language...

Mod hat off...Now back to your regularly scheduled mantra, Bob....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 9 Jul 2009, 20:37 (Ref:2498615)   #28
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
The entry list has also been updated to identify Westbrook and Stuck as driving the VICI Porsche. A nice pairing at that!

DK
I heard from an ALMS journalist , while at Le Mans that Stuck jr , wasnt a very quick driver at all and is a posing and arrogant cheeky pup ?
Old 9 Jul 2009, 20:38 (Ref:2498617)   #29
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Sounds good. Are they still running the 2008 car or did they get a new one?
I do believe they now have the new car.

DK
Old 9 Jul 2009, 20:43 (Ref:2498623)   #30
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I heard from an ALMS journalist , while at Le Mans that Stuck jr , wasnt a very quick driver at all and is a posing and arrogant cheeky pup ?
I didn't think that Stuck and Pastorelli did too bad at the last race and this time he gets paired up with Westbrook who is a step up from Pastorelli. So they should do ok.

DK
Old 10 Jul 2009, 04:25 (Ref:2498763)   #31
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt View Post
Don't attack the poster, and don't dodge the auto-censor, Bob...watch the language...

Honestly, I just wish some people would just stop running around screaming,"THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!"

*sigh* I guess that's just the way it is....
Old 10 Jul 2009, 04:56 (Ref:2498768)   #32
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is a race thread! Lets all keep it to that please.

L.P.
Old 10 Jul 2009, 04:58 (Ref:2498770)   #33
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
I sure hope so....
Old 10 Jul 2009, 06:32 (Ref:2498792)   #34
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
As much as anything, the new configuration has fouled things up royally at Lime Rock. They made No Name Straight shorter, and the turn at the end of it tighter. So you're a bit slower coming in to attempt to overtake, have to panic brake more, and it's made that swing over to driver's left to get a good line a good bit more critical. The West Bend chicane doesn't create overtaking potential within a given class, especially with those tires right there. It ruins a great corner, creates more scope to crash and tear up cars, and makes The Downhill faster because it's now flat for the prototypes. They were saying that that final turn was perhaps too hazardous because of the speed, and now they've gone and made it quicker if anything.

I think they've worked out a lot of the pitch sensitivity issues with the LMPs, so the place would probably be less apt for crashes if they just let the guys loose on the unchicaned, 1.53-mile, original course.
Old 10 Jul 2009, 08:31 (Ref:2498824)   #35
Lola T70
Racer

Lola T70 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
As much as anything, the new configuration has fouled things up royally at Lime Rock. They made No Name Straight shorter, and the turn at the end of it tighter. So you're a bit slower coming in to attempt to overtake, have to panic brake more, and it's made that swing over to driver's left to get a good line a good bit more critical. The West Bend chicane doesn't create overtaking potential within a given class, especially with those tires right there. It ruins a great corner, creates more scope to crash and tear up cars, and makes The Downhill faster because it's now flat for the prototypes. They were saying that that final turn was perhaps too hazardous because of the speed, and now they've gone and made it quicker if anything.

I think they've worked out a lot of the pitch sensitivity issues with the LMPs, so the place would probably be less apt for crashes if they just let the guys loose on the unchicaned, 1.53-mile, original course.

I think the reason they changed it was not enough run off area and repaving it in it's old configuration would only make it faster and effective run off even less. Double edged sword I suppose.

Last years race was good though, Brabs mad round the outside overtake on Bernard!
Old 10 Jul 2009, 12:36 (Ref:2498941)   #36
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Zurbert82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I think the new uphill corner is great and has opened up a completely new vantage point for fans and photographers. It's miles better than the old concrete triangle chicane on the top of the hill. The West Bend chicane however is a bit of a disappointment, but how do you come to the conclusion that the downhill is quicker as a result? That doesn't make sense to me. The old West Bend was basically flat out for the LMP's...
Old 10 Jul 2009, 13:41 (Ref:2498969)   #37
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Stuck Jr's pace so far this year in the ALMS would indicate that this ALMS journalist knows bugger all.
Old 10 Jul 2009, 14:03 (Ref:2498977)   #38
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I can do some double checking, but I'm quite certain that there was a much more pronounced lift for The Downhill with the original West Bend. If not all the time, it seems there are circumstances now where the LMPs will take The Downhill without a lift. If there is still a lift, then the LMP cars are still doing similar speeds to what had been the case, and the West Bend has failed to slow them for The Downhill, which was the objective of that exercise in the first place.

No, the original West Bend was not so flat in the LMPs as you imagine. If anything, it required a bigger lift than The Downhill did. West Bend has a smaller radius than The Downhill, and takes the cars through more degrees of rotation.
Old 10 Jul 2009, 18:03 (Ref:2499082)   #39
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Quote:

man·tra (mntr, mn-)
n.
1. Hinduism A sacred verbal formula repeated in prayer, meditation, or incantation, such as an invocation of a god, a magic spell, or a syllable or portion of scripture containing mystical potentialities.

OMMMMMM- May Tim Northcutt become a Yugo-- May Tim Northcutt become a Yugo....
Old 10 Jul 2009, 19:05 (Ref:2499106)   #40
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You gotta admit, Bob...You have certain themes that you consistently raise on many mostorsports subjects...

Some people here could probably recite them verbatim....

Otherwise, a rather humorous post

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 10 Jul 2009, 19:48 (Ref:2499137)   #41
Danny_GT2
Veteran

Ireland
Lucan, Ireland
Danny_GT2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
@ least there are more than 3 LMP2's & cos of that, VDS Racing have a good chance @ scoring points, even though their car is 4-5 years old :lol:
Old 10 Jul 2009, 20:13 (Ref:2499153)   #42
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Stuck Jr's pace so far this year in the ALMS would indicate that this ALMS journalist knows bugger all.
Is there information on Stuck Jr's pace on which either you or "the journalist" base your opinions? The teams get lap-by-lap data. Have you seen that?
Old 10 Jul 2009, 20:22 (Ref:2499159)   #43
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
*DP*
Old 10 Jul 2009, 20:23 (Ref:2499160)   #44
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWK View Post
Is there information on Stuck Jr's pace on which either you or "the journalist" base your opinions? The teams get lap-by-lap data. Have you seen that?
No i havnt seen there lap by lap data, but being in the UK all i have to look at during the races is the live timing, and it is the lap times shown in the last lap column when a driver is in the car that i base my opinion on
Old 10 Jul 2009, 21:37 (Ref:2499188)   #45
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Quote:
You gotta admit, Bob...You have certain themes that you consistently raise on many mostorsports subjects...

Some people here could probably recite them verbatim....

Otherwise, a rather humorous post
Not a problem, as you can still type, I'll have to find another chant.

I believe what I believe, and I have been around long enough to have found out, believing close is good enough, changing with the wind, or having hope beyond hope, ain't worth squat.
Old 11 Jul 2009, 03:34 (Ref:2499273)   #46
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Its not that they made the No Name Straight shorter (by only a few car lengths), its that they made the uphill turn much slower with the tighter single line chicane. Same with the West Bend – slower, single line chicane. With that, I don’t believe that the Downhill is now faster because the P cars go thru flat, that they start the run at a very much reduced speed to begin with allows them to go flat thru the turn. The two chicanes do the intended purpose of slowing the cars down, but at the cost of better racing. The chances of seeing a finish line pass nowadays are nil as the cars have to go single file thru the West Bend now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbert82 View Post
I think the new uphill corner is great and has opened up a completely new vantage point for fans and photographers. It's miles better than the old concrete triangle chicane on the top of the hill.
While there are new vantage points for the new uphill, there aren’t any great ones like the old uphill and chicane. The dramatic viewing angles just aren’t there anymore.
Old 11 Jul 2009, 03:39 (Ref:2499275)   #47
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I believe what I believe, and I have been around long enough to have found out, believing close is good enough, changing with the wind, or having hope beyond hope, ain't worth squat.
Its a lot like Coyote sex or at least the same result.
Old 11 Jul 2009, 03:57 (Ref:2499278)   #48
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"While there are new vantage points for the new uphill, there aren’t any great ones like the old uphill and chicane. The dramatic viewing angles just aren’t there anymore."

Amen.
Old 11 Jul 2009, 07:26 (Ref:2499303)   #49
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Quote:
man·tra (mntr, mn-)
n.
1. Hinduism A sacred verbal formula repeated in prayer, meditation, or incantation, such as an invocation of a god, a magic spell, or a syllable or portion of scripture containing mystical potentialities.

OMMMMMM- May Tim Northcutt become a Yugo-- May Tim Northcutt become a Yugo....

Why must you always resort to this?
Old 11 Jul 2009, 14:58 (Ref:2499506)   #50
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is a race thread!!!!!!!!! Quit stirring the pot!!!!!!!

L.P.