Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 18 Dec 2017, 10:15 (Ref:3787836)   #26
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Confirmed:
Old 18 Dec 2017, 12:15 (Ref:3787845)   #27
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very good calendar IMO
Old 18 Dec 2017, 13:01 (Ref:3787853)   #28
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Yep looks good - I can't wait to see them on the GP loop at Brands - should be awesome out on the quick bits

I thought the Lausitzring wasn't going to be used for motorsport any more? Or is that after next season?
Old 18 Dec 2017, 13:44 (Ref:3787855)   #29
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Yep looks good - I can't wait to see them on the GP loop at Brands - should be awesome out on the quick bits

I thought the Lausitzring wasn't going to be used for motorsport any more? Or is that after next season?
not quite - Lausitzring is now owned by DEKRA, who may hire it out for race events, but DEKRA will play no part in promoting an event. DTM was specifically mentioned as a continuing event.
Old 18 Dec 2017, 13:58 (Ref:3787859)   #30
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Gerhard Berger, CEO of DTM’s umbrella organisation ITR adds: “I’m delighted that DTM keeps on racing at the Lausitzring – even after the circuit was sold. With the new owner DEKRA, our long-term partners, we could make sure that the Eastern-German DTM enthusiasts also will be provided spectacular touring-car racing".

Is it really that difficult for Eastern-German DTM enthusiasts (!) go to Norisring or Hockenheim? It's only 450 km. It's like for me to go to Nizhny Novgorod racetrack - not a problem for an enthusiast.
Old 18 Dec 2017, 16:02 (Ref:3787885)   #31
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think it's better to use the GP loop at Brands, the racing may not be any better than it was on the Indy circuit, but at least it should be a better spectacle.
Old 19 Dec 2017, 13:27 (Ref:3788073)   #32
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I think it's better to use the GP loop at Brands, the racing may not be any better than it was on the Indy circuit, but at least it should be a better spectacle.
True. The GP loop is spectacular and will be amazing to watch those cars on the really quick bits. I agree, the racing won't be any better, to be honest I think Donington would have been a better fit if they wanted to see good racing. However I love Brands and am willing to make the journey for such a great track.
Old 11 Jan 2018, 12:16 (Ref:3791996)   #33
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Someone just pointed out to me that the DTM entry on the MSV/Brands Hatch event calendar website has gone missing.

Whether that's coincidence, mistake or meaningful I've no idea!
Old 13 Jan 2018, 23:24 (Ref:3792558)   #34
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Next two years Sat1 will do TV coverage in Germany.
Old 14 Jan 2018, 14:26 (Ref:3792685)   #35
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Brands GP is being fenced during the winter thanks to DTM.

They did the same in 2011 on the inside of Druids.
Old 29 Jan 2018, 12:22 (Ref:3796584)   #36
jee
Rookie

Denmark
jee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mathias Ekström is retiring from DTM and will only drive in World RX this year
Old 29 Jan 2018, 12:58 (Ref:3796595)   #37
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
Brands GP is being fenced during the winter thanks to DTM.

They did the same in 2011 on the inside of Druids.
Absolutely gutted by this news. The GP loop of Brands was one of the few segments of major UK circuit that hadn't ruined by restrictions and high fencing: I regret wishing that the DTM would return to Brands now!
Old 29 Jan 2018, 16:38 (Ref:3796651)   #38
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jee View Post
Sad to see Eki go, but delighted that Robin Frijns will get his seat. The guy should be in F1.
Old 29 Jan 2018, 16:53 (Ref:3796656)   #39
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Absolutely gutted by this news. The GP loop of Brands was one of the few segments of major UK circuit that hadn't ruined by restrictions and high fencing: I regret wishing that the DTM would return to Brands now!
Not just fencing, there are some areas that are now off limits to spectators.

https://www.autosport.com/national/n...-be-restricted
Old 29 Jan 2018, 16:56 (Ref:3796657)   #40
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jee View Post
His seat will be taken by Robin Frijns. Will be interesting to see how he'll get along with the car!
Old 29 Jan 2018, 19:52 (Ref:3796690)   #41
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
Cinghio44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Frijns is very talented and surely will win races if not titles in DTM. But it's a shame to lose Eki, he was still fast and last year had a chance to win the 3° title. Would have been great to see him in action for another year at least...
Old 29 Jan 2018, 21:29 (Ref:3796707)   #42
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Sad to see Eki go, but delighted that Robin Frijns will get his seat. The guy should be in F1.
Could not agree more, would love to see him get in through the back door in a Hartley fashion.
Old 6 Feb 2018, 16:24 (Ref:3799015)   #43
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
https://www.autosport.com/dtm/news/1...r-future-rules

An interesting idea, and one I’ve been pondering for a while (though I had initially thought GT3). Back to the days of the DRM.
Old 6 Feb 2018, 16:38 (Ref:3799017)   #44
NSX_LeMans
Racer

NSX_LeMans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wouldn't that be bad for ELMS? They have few GTE entries already, with a more popular series running those cars it could reduce it even further.

EDIT: Although ELMS has the Le Mans Automatic Invitations thing.
Old 6 Feb 2018, 17:09 (Ref:3799026)   #45
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
https://www.autosport.com/dtm/news/1...r-future-rules

An interesting idea, and one I’ve been pondering for a while (though I had initially thought GT3). Back to the days of the DRM.
That would definitely revive my interest for the series, though Frijns in an Audi does that a bit already as well
Old 7 Feb 2018, 10:52 (Ref:3799275)   #46
Mark0994
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade
Mark0994 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.touringcartimes.com/2018...al-season-dtm/
Pascal Wehrlein returns for Mercedes’ final season in the DTM
Old 7 Feb 2018, 11:32 (Ref:3799292)   #47
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Not surprised Wehrlein is back in the DTM, it's still a shame he couldn't find a seat in F1
Old 13 Feb 2018, 15:32 (Ref:3800975)   #48
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Spanish racecar driver Daniel Juncadella will return with HWA Mercedes-Benz.
Old 21 Feb 2018, 17:25 (Ref:3802970)   #49
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Allegedly DTM is working on the night race in Misano this year. This would mean avoiding the clash with Belgian GP at that weekend. Honestly I think it's a very interesting idea, would be fun to see DTM racing in the dark.
Old 21 Feb 2018, 17:29 (Ref:3802971)   #50
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
Cinghio44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
I think it's a very interesting idea, would be fun to see DTM racing in the dark.
Yes would be interesting. If I well remember, the Blancpain raced there in the night some years ago