Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 27 Sep 2018, 08:57 (Ref:3852902)   #1251
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3marinadrive View Post
He's a big boy not like Jake who is a little boy.....

Mr. Gilham was working with an experienced professional with Mr. Caine...all the other boys driving for him in 2018 were in a very different place....

Michael knows his shizzle....

He didn't have a contract unlike Jake......

Jake and Mike and Bobby...very different.

Mike is on board again for 2019 ...he now works full time for Team HARD...as in he sets up his own car etc....

Notice how Bobby's sponsors are now Team HARD's sponsors too...

Mr. Gilham is VERY clever.

He is probably the best salesman ever.

He knows how to make people believe in the dream.

Shame he doesn't know how to look after his team...

That would explain why at least 10 of his staff now work for AmD

RCIB left..

Lets see who leaves next?

If you treat people like sh*t tHEY will LEAVE!!!
Appreciate from your posts your clearly very close to the Hill camp, and I respect that.
However Gilham is no worse than almost any other team manager, especially Bartrum!

I wouldnt have mentioned it if this wasnt a pot-kettle-black with Caine and Gilham announcing at the start of the season they will be "bringing a season long challenge together" followed by Gilham stating when Caine stood aside at Knockhill "He has been part of our team for a long time and will continue to be so"
Clearly for Mr Bartrum grabbing a driver from another team is a case of "Do as I say, not as I do"
Old 27 Sep 2018, 09:18 (Ref:3852905)   #1252
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Remember those family commitments that meant Michael Caine had to stand down from BTCC duties?
https://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/2...-brands-hatch/

They say Motorbase is like a family
Some interesting choice of phrase in the article(s) and quotes. It reads to me that Caine will no longer be on the BTCC grid (or even in any car) after this weekend:

'Michael Caine [...] making his homecoming to the Motorbase Performance squad'

'We’ve always joked about me retiring in a pair of Motorbase overalls and this meeting is the last race of the season so who knows'
Old 27 Sep 2018, 09:20 (Ref:3852906)   #1253
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
Clearly for Mr Bartrum grabbing a driver from another team is a case of "Do as I say, not as I do"
Bartrum's already on the defensive over the inclusion of Caine this weekend:

'Despite what some have been saying, Michael is not there to interfere with the championship in any way.'
Old 27 Sep 2018, 09:25 (Ref:3852907)   #1254
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

'Despite what some have been saying, Michael is not there to interfere with the championship in any way.'
So if this is just an end of season jolly, Team Hard couldnt have run him in a Ginetta as part of their being "part of the team and will continue to be so for a long time to come"..?

Loyalty and Integrity are after all the basis of how Bartrum deals with people
Old 27 Sep 2018, 10:13 (Ref:3852918)   #1255
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

caine is in a porsche this weekend. not a btcc car.
so what's this got to do with btcc?
Old 27 Sep 2018, 10:25 (Ref:3852920)   #1256
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
Not sure. Possibly worth asking redshoes who raised the topic in this thread?

Caine himself mentions how good it is to be back in the TOCA package, so alludes to being around the BTCC teams....
Old 27 Sep 2018, 11:04 (Ref:3852926)   #1257
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
to me its not an issue of "not being in a BTCC car", the issue is that Team Hard have on 2 separate statements stated that Caine is part of their team 1 - for the season, and 2 - continuing for the long term.
I would have no issue him turning out for another team if it wasn't Bartrum tho made such a fuss about drivers being loyal etc.

Also is relevant on account of how Gilham has allegedly stopped another of his drivers (Hill) racing elsewhere
Old 27 Sep 2018, 11:22 (Ref:3852929)   #1258
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Perhaps the question should be asked to the providers of the official BTCC website why they include the Porsche races on their page?
http://www.btcc.net/calendar/brands-hatch-gp/

Or maybe why the Dunlop BTCC official twitter feed highlights other parts of the TOCA package?
https://twitter.com/DunlopBTCC/statu...63482118180864

Or does a driver who drove a BTCC car this season, who is appearing at a BTCC event, not carry relevance once they are no longer in a car?

If that is the case - why, in a BTCC thread, was Shedden's performance in TCR discussed when he was no longer in a BTCC car?
Quote:
reverse grid pole remember
Quote:
that wasnt WTCR
it was the normal TCR international series with a LOT lower level of competiton to WTCR.
Old 27 Sep 2018, 11:29 (Ref:3852933)   #1259
Masterchef
Rookie

Masterchef should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know if tintop Tuesday still exists? I never manage to listen live and the 'listen again' on sound cloud hasn't been updated since Thruxton.
Old 27 Sep 2018, 11:30 (Ref:3852934)   #1260
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Perhaps the question should be asked to the providers of the official BTCC website why they include the Porsche races on their page?
http://www.btcc.net/calendar/brands-hatch-gp/

Or maybe why the Dunlop BTCC official twitter feed highlights other parts of the TOCA package?
https://twitter.com/DunlopBTCC/statu...63482118180864

Or does a driver who drove a BTCC car this season, who is appearing at a BTCC event, not carry relevance once they are no longer in a car?

If that is the case - why, in a BTCC thread, was Shedden's performance in TCR discussed when he was no longer in a BTCC car?
there you go being purposefully obtuse again.

i was responding to your post;

so i ask again. what does bartrum saying about interfering in the porsche championship have anything whatsoever to do with the btcc thread? unless of course you forgot that caine is not driving for bartrum in the btcc (which is what probably happened but you cant admit it).
Old 27 Sep 2018, 11:35 (Ref:3852937)   #1261
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterchef View Post
Does anyone know if tintop Tuesday still exists? I never manage to listen live and the 'listen again' on sound cloud hasn't been updated since Thruxton.
Yep it's still going, was on a couple days ago I believe. Wouldn't know about re-watching them though.
Old 27 Sep 2018, 11:37 (Ref:3852938)   #1262
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:

so i ask again. what does bartrum saying about interfering in the porsche championship have anything whatsoever to do with the btcc thread? unless of course you forgot that caine is not driving for bartrum in the btcc (which i think has happened).
The relevance is that Caine and Hard have by way of statement implied they are committed to working together for the long term.
It seems more than a little disingenuos for a team who spoke with such whiter than white terms about loyalty and integrity to suddenly take a driver from a team which is still an active rival in their primary series, make a fanfare about him being "home" when it's been implied his furure was elsewhere.
Old 27 Sep 2018, 11:50 (Ref:3852943)   #1263
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterchef View Post
This week was the first episode for several months. I believe Alan Hyde moved house and hadn't been able to set up his studio until recently.
https://soundcloud.com/tintoptuesday
Old 27 Sep 2018, 12:52 (Ref:3852955)   #1264
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
i was responding to your post;

so i ask again. what does bartrum saying about interfering in the porsche championship have anything whatsoever to do with the btcc thread? unless of course you forgot that caine is not driving for bartrum in the btcc (which is what probably happened but you cant admit it).
Given that the quote from Bartrum is from an article that is about the Carrera Cup GB, and refers to the Pro-Am Title that Dan Vaughan is aiming for, I am acutely aware that Caine is not driving in the BTCC.

He is a driver from this season though, competing in the BTCC support package, having resigned from another BTCC team quoting that he is unable to fulfil his commitments.
The team he is now driving for also competes in the BTCC, and their team manager has assumed the moral high ground recently regarding another BTCC driver who they had signed for the season and then sought a driver elsewhere (allegedly).

Perhaps you are being too obtuse to identify the link between Caine driving in the Carrera Cup GB, Dave Bartrum's public criticism of a driver they had signed for this season, the apparent contractual situation of another driver from the team Caine left this season and the BTCC 2018 in-season discussion?
Old 27 Sep 2018, 13:11 (Ref:3852958)   #1265
touring fan01
Veteran

maybe you are just too italian for me to make any sense out of
Old 27 Sep 2018, 14:19 (Ref:3852969)   #1266
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
maybe you are just too italian for me to make any sense out of
Location does not equal nationality.

What has the nationality of a poster (or their location) got to do with the BTCC 2018 in-season discussion?
I am at a total loss to understand why you have raised the point of nationality - as if that has any relevance on what is posted?

So far we have seen a number of driver changes this season, and quite often the departing driver has not been seen elsewhere on the grid.
Caine seems to buck that trend which is interesting here, and I wonder if that is partly down to teams already putting their 2019 deals into place?

Perhaps Gilham is content to see Caine race elsewhere because 'The Volkswagen CC has been extensively developed and we now believe we have a package to rival any other team and driver combination on the grid'?
Old 27 Sep 2018, 15:49 (Ref:3852982)   #1267
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
This all seems to be getting overly heated & personal.
The way I see it is that (apparently) Michael Caine said earlier in the year that due to (unspecified) family commitments he would be unable to complete the season in The BTCC. (Sorry, but I haven't the time to check back to see how many meetings he has subsequently missed. Clearly his family commitments don't preclude him from racing this weekend).
Now he is racing this weekend in the special celebrational Porsche race at Brands Hatch in what looks like a one-off race. This is a championship that he has been heavily involved in previously (so has history), and the team that are running him (who also happen to run cars in The BTCC) is a team that he's been heavily involved with previously (so again has history).
We don't know what involvement Porsche have had in this for example in getting a previous star driver back for the special race, and it is certainly getting all parties involved plenty of publicity.
I fail to see the need for all this negativity.
Old 27 Sep 2018, 20:20 (Ref:3853038)   #1268
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
I don't see it as negativity, considering the characters involved and circumstance bought on throughout the season it's more completely hypocritical on both characters involved
Old 28 Sep 2018, 08:10 (Ref:3853078)   #1269
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think Caine has dealt with this well and I hope he does well in the Porsche
Old 29 Sep 2018, 09:15 (Ref:3853231)   #1270
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Don't think Tom Chilton likes the Subarus!

"...the centre or gravity's too low and they shouldn't be in the championship..."
Old 29 Sep 2018, 09:49 (Ref:3853236)   #1271
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post

"...the centre or gravity's too low and they shouldn't be in the championship..."
Do you have a link to where he is quoted as saying that?
Be interesting to see the context....
Old 29 Sep 2018, 09:58 (Ref:3853237)   #1272
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Do you have a link to where he is quoted as saying that?
Be interesting to see the context....
Just after FP1 in an interview with Alan Hyde.
Old 29 Sep 2018, 11:50 (Ref:3853240)   #1273
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Tom Chilton is a perennial underachiever, full of **** and shouldn't be in the championship.
Old 29 Sep 2018, 12:13 (Ref:3853243)   #1274
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
An underachiever who’s still mathematically in the title fight? Pull the other one
Old 29 Sep 2018, 13:00 (Ref:3853256)   #1275
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Just after FP1 in an interview with Alan Hyde.
Ah, thanks.
Was he asked specifically about the Subarus, or did he bring it up first?

He's competing with a Toyota and BMW for the title, so strange to even mention them?