Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 2 Feb 2012, 12:43 (Ref:3020277)   #726
Javi
Veteran

Javi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well, if in a couple of hours Dome appears in the LM list we will be more than happy anyhow, and I am sure they will do pretty well, wether they go for speed or reliability... Hopefully they won´t do a AMR-One! (no speed, no reliability!)
Old 2 Feb 2012, 12:44 (Ref:3020278)   #727
DeathOrGlory
Racer

DeathOrGlory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe they saw Audi #2's relentless pace last year and thought, hey, maybe we can do that. Different way of skinning a cat you know. Le Mans may be an endurance race, but there are many different ways of winning Le Mans.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 12:48 (Ref:3020281)   #728
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
I doubt that you can win Le Mans, if you refuse to do a 24 hours test.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 13:20 (Ref:3020294)   #729
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
I doubt that you can win Le Mans, if you refuse to do a 24 hours test.
It is an unorthodox choice, but Dome is funding this themselves and they know what they want to accomplish. Setting a goal of going quickly is worth shooting for when you only have 1 chance at this. Like they said, they could be taken out by somebody else in the race, or have a flat or something that would ruin the race. What this says to me is that they really want to run the S102 at LeMans but have realistic expectations on a result. They understand how hard a 24 hour race is and all the things that can go wrong.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 13:46 (Ref:3020304)   #730
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very happy to see Henri at La Sarthe, can't wait to see the car.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 13:54 (Ref:3020308)   #731
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is fantastic news but despite the heavy updates to the S102, I can't help but question whether the car will still be competitive. After all, a lot has changed since 2008, the changes in aero regs and engine regs could either work towards or against the S102.

Has any kind of test programme been announced yet? dis-regarding the lack of a 24 hour test of course.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 14:07 (Ref:3020318)   #732
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Frankly I think Dome is looking to make a statement given Toyota's entry. Recall Dome's rather strange announcement in 2010 where they "withdrew" from Le Mans racing:

http://www.mulsannescorner.com/gradu...om_le_mans.pdf

It's my belief that the timing of that announcement in August 2010 coincided with NDA's signed by Dome regarding their involvement with the Toyota LMP project. There is a Dome-Toyota connection. This IS NOT internet rumor. Now, no one is officially saying what that is, but I have been told specifics off the record. That it's such an apparently sensitive subject I've been loath to say more. And for today's topic specifics aren't important (for the historical record they are and I am in pursuit in the truth of the matter). But my impression is of a jilted Dome looking to make a statement against Toyota on the track at Le Mans this year. Frankly I think it will make a very interesting story.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 14:29 (Ref:3020323)   #733
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
I'll be cheering for Dome for certain. The S102 might be the prettiest car of it's generation. Shame about putting the BHF on it though.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 14:39 (Ref:3020327)   #734
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
wow, i couldn't believe this was true! I've got to get to Spa or LM now, anyone up for a joint jaunt from around the UK?
Old 2 Feb 2012, 14:47 (Ref:3020330)   #735
ianroke
Rookie

United Kingdom
South Yorkshire
ianroke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
wow, i couldn't believe this was true! I've got to get to Spa or LM now, anyone up for a joint jaunt from around the UK?
I went last year for the first time and loved it. I would love to go again but not sure I can make the finances work. Is it more expensive this year?
Old 2 Feb 2012, 16:01 (Ref:3020412)   #736
J.C.
Racer

United States
Sleepy Hollow, New York
J.C. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great to see Dome back. It would be even better if the car was powered by a Nissan engine. I know Nissan are happy with LMP2, but this would be a great opportunity to jump on with Dome + the Pescarolo team...
Old 2 Feb 2012, 16:07 (Ref:3020420)   #737
I love 04s
Racer

United Kingdom
I love 04s has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MulsanneMike View Post
Frankly I think Dome is looking to make a statement given Toyota's entry.........

But my impression is of a jilted Dome looking to make a statement against Toyota on the track at Le Mans this year. Frankly I think it will make a very interesting story.
Very nicely put. I dont think its any coincidence that the Toyota at least appears to have borrowed a lot of DNA from the S102.....
Old 2 Feb 2012, 18:05 (Ref:3020530)   #738
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Great news
Old 3 Feb 2012, 15:14 (Ref:3021063)   #739
FĂ©lix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
FĂ©lix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFĂ©lix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dome is redoing the front bodywork to fit wider fronts too. It lands in France late February for a mid/end of March shakedown.
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-9454.html

On the EI forum, it's also mentioned that the car is currently in the windtunnel, that the Japanese driver could be Seiji Ara (since Super GT conflicts with the Spa race), that Dome is sending some engineers over and that Pescarolo is basically only fielding the car - not renting it or authorized to modify it.
Old 3 Feb 2012, 15:49 (Ref:3021074)   #740
Tom87
Racer

England
Tom87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love 04s View Post
Very nicely put. I dont think its any coincidence that the Toyota at least appears to have borrowed a lot of DNA from the S102.....
Up until quite recently I'd always assumed that Dome would be involved with the Toyota project in some way, I'd love to know what the real backstory between the two has been.
Old 3 Feb 2012, 16:10 (Ref:3021082)   #741
FĂ©lix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
FĂ©lix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFĂ©lix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MulsanneMike View Post
Frankly I think Dome is looking to make a statement given Toyota's entry. (...) But my impression is of a jilted Dome looking to make a statement against Toyota on the track at Le Mans this year. Frankly I think it will make a very interesting story.
It seems you're right Mike. In this article, Henri Pescarolo say something like:
"Dome came to me. It's entirely a Dome project, paid by them for one year. It's a turnkey project, it costs me nothing. I can't say everything but they have a very specific reason to show their potential at Le Mans. I let you guess what reason."

(Ce sont eux qui m'ont contacté. C'est donc un projet complètement Dome, entièrement financé par eux pour un an, clé en mains. Ça ne me coute rien. Je ne peux tout vous dire mais ils ont une raison très précise de montrer leur potentiel au Mans. Je vous laisse deviner lesquelles.)
Old 3 Feb 2012, 17:04 (Ref:3021118)   #742
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FĂ©lix View Post
It seems you're right Mike. In this article, Henri Pescarolo say something like:
"Dome came to me. It's entirely a Dome project, paid by them for one year. It's a turnkey project, it costs me nothing. I can't say everything but they have a very specific reason to show their potential at Le Mans. I let you guess what reason."

(Ce sont eux qui m'ont contacté. C'est donc un projet complètement Dome, entièrement financé par eux pour un an, clé en mains. Ça ne me coute rien. Je ne peux tout vous dire mais ils ont une raison très précise de montrer leur potentiel au Mans. Je vous laisse deviner lesquelles.)
Thanks for finding that Felix, more evidence. See today's latest for the rest: http://www.mulsannescorner.com/newsjan12.html (apologies for the blatant promotion)
Old 3 Feb 2012, 17:38 (Ref:3021127)   #743
I love 04s
Racer

United Kingdom
I love 04s has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom87 View Post
Up until quite recently I'd always assumed that Dome would be involved with the Toyota project in some way, I'd love to know what the real backstory between the two has been.
Whatever the specifics are...its not pretty! Great fuel for the fire between them at Le Mans though. Qualifying and the first couple of hours should be very entertaining.
Old 3 Feb 2012, 17:51 (Ref:3021134)   #744
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
A good show in qualifying and in the first laps is a better marketing ad than a respectable, altough discreet, reliable run to midfield. And i prefere Dome doing that than no-Dome...!
I agree with this 100%. Dome has very little realistic chance to win. Thus, to lead the first lap, or even better, the first few laps would leave a much better impression than finishing 6th or 7th. Nice to see Dome back and hopefully, they can pull off their plan.

DK
Old 3 Feb 2012, 18:17 (Ref:3021153)   #745
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hopefully they won't harpoon one of the TS030's into the first corner. I like a bit of a rivalry though hopefully it brings out the best in Dome.
Old 3 Feb 2012, 18:33 (Ref:3021163)   #746
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love 04s View Post
Whatever the specifics are...its not pretty!
What the Dome - or the Toyota? For me, the Dome is very pretty indeed. If they can blend the BHF in well, all the better.....
Old 3 Feb 2012, 21:03 (Ref:3021231)   #747
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
So I take it this may have been a Toyota DOME but Toyota decided to drop them and go it alone? I'm sure there is more to it, but I look forward to both cars.
Old 3 Feb 2012, 22:25 (Ref:3021252)   #748
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
http://www.mulsannescorner.com/newsjan12.html
Old 4 Feb 2012, 10:28 (Ref:3021384)   #749
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The TS030 was fully designed and built by TMG, apart from the powertrain which was TMC. Dome were not involved in the TS030
Old 4 Feb 2012, 11:10 (Ref:3021396)   #750
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe the only indirect invovlment of dome is that toyota before the building of TS030 did some tests using a dome 101.5 (a very funded rumor but i don't know if toyota really confirmed). TMG in last years built f1 cars, so i guess that they know how project, build and develope a car, for sure they don't need the help a small manufacter like dome.