Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Feb 2019, 23:23 (Ref:3884503)   #101
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Ferrari's turn and they have opted for their traditional Red
Nothing traditional about that red. Completely different to before!
Old 15 Feb 2019, 23:54 (Ref:3884510)   #102
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Interesting use of the word completely, not one I was previously aware of.
Old 16 Feb 2019, 01:30 (Ref:3884527)   #103
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Its a brilliant marketing campaign given the limitations they have to work with. You see people talking about it and you wonder "what exactly is Mission Winnow". You Google it. You find the website. You read the description. You leave with zero clue as to what it is. But you leave with one name in your head...

"Philip Morris International"

It is effectively an alternative logo for Philip Morris that sort of looks like the old one. Think of it as a "rebranding" for areas in which the old brand can't be mentioned.

Richard
With all that rebranded Minnow Wission money, they better win both the WDC and WCC. It's been a while.
Old 16 Feb 2019, 09:46 (Ref:3884570)   #104
Hammerdown
Racer

United Kingdom
Clevedon, UK
Hammerdown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting to see the divergence of opinions about liveries. All highly subjective of course, which is why it’s so hard to get them signed off by management when there are so many conflicting opinions and sponsorship considerations. Most of them end up looking as though designed by committee because they were. As a graphic designer used to dealing with often ridiculous client requests I can only say I don’t envy the people who have to deal with this. Personally I think theMcLaren is quite strong, although there are a few things I think ‘wrong’. The red and the two similar shades of blue aren’t good. But the thing that really bugs me is the downward slope of the black. Makes it look like the rear suspension has collapsed. (Come to think of it, looks like they’ve gone for a much lower rake than last year.) The Racing Point livery looks like a bad day at the Barbie factory. When it comes to actual physical designs of the cars, ‘fantastic’ is not the word I’d use to describe the Alfa. Personally I think it looks like a dog’s dinner, but that’s just my opinion. Just goes to show.
Old 16 Feb 2019, 11:05 (Ref:3884587)   #105
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Apparently Ferrari are using a different shade of red to save on weight
Old 16 Feb 2019, 13:17 (Ref:3884603)   #106
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
with Resta(?) having left Ferrari for Sauber
Call me cynical, what makes you think he has left Ferrari? For me he has been seconded to Sauber or whatever their name is this week to bring it into the Ferrari orbit a lot more.
Old 16 Feb 2019, 16:39 (Ref:3884626)   #107
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I count 14
a grey one on top just ahead of the halo and on the mirrors as well...i might be up to 18.

but i suspect that with 20 cigs in a pack there has to be 20 logos on the car!
Old 16 Feb 2019, 16:56 (Ref:3884630)   #108
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
a grey one on top just ahead of the halo and on the mirrors as well...i might be up to 18.

but i suspect that with 20 cigs in a pack there has to be 20 logos on the car!
I missed the wing mirrors, so my count is now 16. but you could be right with the pack of 20 LOL
Old 16 Feb 2019, 18:36 (Ref:3884650)   #109
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Call me cynical, what makes you think he has left Ferrari? For me he has been seconded to Sauber or whatever their name is this week to bring it into the Ferrari orbit a lot more.
from what i recall he left without the need for any gardening leave so there may be something more to it. dont think its cynical though but rather quite the opportunity for Sauber.
Old 16 Feb 2019, 18:50 (Ref:3884653)   #110
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
I believe the Sauber name has now gone from the Team name? And, yes, of course, Kimi is there with all his experience from Ferrari.
Old 16 Feb 2019, 18:57 (Ref:3884656)   #111
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
I believe the Sauber name has now gone from the Team name? And, yes, of course, Kimi is there with all his experience from Ferrari.
Sauber are now Alfa Romeo Racing.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...a-romeo-racing
Old 17 Feb 2019, 08:06 (Ref:3884746)   #112
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Apparently Ferrari are using a different shade of red to save on weight
But wouldn't a light red actually be called pink?
Old 17 Feb 2019, 09:26 (Ref:3884760)   #113
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 17 Feb 2019, 09:49 (Ref:3884764)   #114
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Williams will miss the first day of testing after they already had canceled suturdays shakedown, the car is not ready yet.
Old 17 Feb 2019, 12:54 (Ref:3884795)   #115
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
Williams will miss the first day of testing after they already had canceled suturdays shakedown, the car is not ready yet.
Ouch!

Richard
Old 17 Feb 2019, 20:18 (Ref:3884883)   #116
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
From Sky Sports, this will be the driver line up for the first tests such as they are known at the moment.

F1 winter testing: Week One line-ups

Team - Day One Day Two Day Three Day Four
Mercedes - Bottas/Hamilton TBC TBC TBC
Ferrari - Sebastian Vettel Charles Leclerc Sebastian Vettel Charles Leclerc
Red Bull - Max Verstappen Pierre Gasly Max Verstappen Pierre Gasly
Renault - TBC TBC TBC TBC
Haas - Romain Grosjean Kevin Magnussen Grosjean/Fittipaldi Fittipaldi/Magnussen
McLaren - Carlos Sainz Lando Norris Carlos Sainz Lando Norris
Racing Point - Sergio Perez Lance Stroll Sergio Perez Lance Stroll
Alfa Romeo - Kimi Raikkonen Antonio Giovinazzi Kimi Raikkonen Antonio Giovinazzi
Toro Rosso - Daniil Kvyat Alexander Albon Daniil Kvyat Alexander Albon
Williams - No programme Russell/Latifi Latifi/Kubica Kubica/Russell
Old 18 Feb 2019, 00:21 (Ref:3884925)   #117
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
From Sky Sports, this will be the driver line up for the first tests such as they are known at the moment.

F1 winter testing: Week One line-ups

Team - Day One Day Two Day Three Day Four
Mercedes - Bottas/Hamilton TBC TBC TBC
Ferrari - Sebastian Vettel Charles Leclerc Sebastian Vettel Charles Leclerc
Red Bull - Max Verstappen Pierre Gasly Max Verstappen Pierre Gasly
Renault - TBC TBC TBC TBC
Haas - Romain Grosjean Kevin Magnussen Grosjean/Fittipaldi Fittipaldi/Magnussen
McLaren - Carlos Sainz Lando Norris Carlos Sainz Lando Norris
Racing Point - Sergio Perez Lance Stroll Sergio Perez Lance Stroll
Alfa Romeo - Kimi Raikkonen Antonio Giovinazzi Kimi Raikkonen Antonio Giovinazzi
Toro Rosso - Daniil Kvyat Alexander Albon Daniil Kvyat Alexander Albon
Williams - No programme Russell/Latifi Latifi/Kubica Kubica/Russell
I sort of like all those colours; a bit Racing Point.
Old 18 Feb 2019, 11:18 (Ref:3884979)   #118
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Glad to see the new cars out, looking forward to the season already
Old 18 Feb 2019, 11:25 (Ref:3884981)   #119
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
According to Scott Mitchell at Autosport, the Williams car is still at the factory being finished, so you would imagine Tues PM or more likely Wed morning at the earliest before we see them on track at Barcelona?
Old 18 Feb 2019, 12:24 (Ref:3884990)   #120
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
According to Scott Mitchell at Autosport, the Williams car is still at the factory being finished, so you would imagine Tues PM or more likely Wed morning at the earliest before we see them on track at Barcelona?

it's a 1600 KM drive, so that will take a wile
Old 18 Feb 2019, 12:51 (Ref:3884995)   #121
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Surely they’ll have to fly it down, it must be two days in a truck even if you’re double manning! Maybe they’ve got one of these (without the branding).....
Attached Thumbnails
D083C9C5-C87E-47B3-A013-554300EC5E88.jpeg  
Old 18 Feb 2019, 12:52 (Ref:3884997)   #122
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Van and trailer. Unmarked. Base to track circa 18 hours via tunnel.
Old 18 Feb 2019, 13:00 (Ref:3884998)   #123
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
You’re problem right, but I think my idea far more fun.....
Old 18 Feb 2019, 13:03 (Ref:3884999)   #124
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Williams confirm Wednesday at the earliest.

Old 18 Feb 2019, 13:19 (Ref:3885006)   #125
peebee2
Veteran

All rather bizarre. They must have known this some time ago, and PR making them look very bad yet again, unless found an unexpected fundamental problem.

Normal practice would be to send the car as it is and then fly bits out as they are ready, which would generally save a lot of time and get the car on track much earlier than this way.