Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who will go to Jaguar if Webber joins Williams this year?
Wilson 2 6.90%
Wirdheim 14 48.28%
Davidson 8 27.59%
(dare we say it) Verstappen 2 6.90%
Other 3 10.34%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11 Jul 2004, 23:37 (Ref:1033556)   #26
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
The loss of points to Williams will be worth millions in terms of next years start money. As per Jaguar but then Jaguar isn't that likely to score that many more points-maybe 5 at the most. This gives them a chance to sort out someone they might want next year. Besides if Ralf comes back but is released by Hungary then what happens if we get musical chairs-Mark to Williams, Ralf to Toyota, Panis or da Matta to Jaguar...
Old 11 Jul 2004, 23:51 (Ref:1033565)   #27
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
Why isn't he switching for Hockenheim then? Surely Williams have seen enough of Gené, and woudn't get much real idea of Pizzonia from 1 race?

Previous reportsa have said that an announcmenet will be amde at Hungary, so this seems unlikely to be the case. I'll believe it when (if) I see it.
You are only allowed to have 4 drivers for the year. So, if this rumour is true, Gene must drive in Germany. If Pizzonia had a go, then only he or Gene could drive for the remainder of the year.
Old 11 Jul 2004, 23:59 (Ref:1033571)   #28
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Re: Mark Webber to drive for Williams AT HUNGRAY!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Webber
Australian sources said Webber will start his new career in Budapest (Aug. 15).
Not that it had much to begin with, but it was about here this story lost all credibility.

What we have here is some pretty poor journalism. They are all reporting a story that is very well likely, so that when it happens they can say "you heard it here first"

All this is assuming we are complete morons and dont work that out.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 02:16 (Ref:1033617)   #29
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re: Re: Mark Webber to drive for Williams AT HUNGRAY!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
Not that it had much to begin with, but it was about here this story lost all credibility.

What we have here is some pretty poor journalism. They are all reporting a story that is very well likely, so that when it happens they can say "you heard it here first"

As I've said before the australian racing press has managed to link webber with just about every possible seat in F1 since 1999, so to me it's one of those "I'll believe it when I see it" deals.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 05:49 (Ref:1033690)   #30
hgmonaro
Racer

hgmonaro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
..so that when it happens they can say "you heard it here first"
Ch7 eh? Where more time is wasted on telling everyone they broke the story than the story itself! knobs!
Old 12 Jul 2004, 05:58 (Ref:1033698)   #31
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
interesting , sounds like a good plan to me but I will believe it when I see it.

would that promote Weirdheim to a race seat at jaguar ?
I'd like to see that , and would Toyota say goodbye to Zonta and give Ralf the third seat on Gp weekends to get used to the team ?

also not a bad idea really but its all speculation but I'd like to see it
Old 12 Jul 2004, 06:09 (Ref:1033707)   #32
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As much as im a huge webber fan, i cnat help thinking how effective Webber would be if he was put in a Williams with sweet FA testing.

the car would be totaly different to the Jag, different setups, diffrent characteristcs , different crew, probably even different tyres.

Without any testing, i jsut dont think hes going to be on the pace. Even Montoya said that Gene needed more time in the car to come to grips with it as a race package, instead of a testing mule.

Last edited by HDTVKSS; 12 Jul 2004 at 06:09.
Old 13 Jul 2004, 02:32 (Ref:1034899)   #33
Venom XR
Racer

Australia
Venom XR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An article in today's Herald Sun (Melbourne) quotes Mark Webber as saying "As far as you can ever say anything in F1, I don't believe I will be in anything other than a Jaguar for the rest of this season."

Mark goes on to say he wishes to accumulate more points for the Jaguar team as a reward for their hard work. He also dedicated his 8th position to departed Minardi sporting director John Walton.
Old 13 Jul 2004, 04:55 (Ref:1034952)   #34
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If I was Webber I'd not be too eager to go to Williams in 2004, seal the deal for 2005. I agree with the above, with no testing does he really want to be judged against JPM in a car that appears to be very difficult to drive?

Last edited by Snrub; 13 Jul 2004 at 04:56.
Old 13 Jul 2004, 08:04 (Ref:1035004)   #35
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks, Boots, I was wondering what everyone was talking about....if I didn't state clearly enough, I meant who will replace Webber THIS YEAR in the event of him hopping into that Williams earlier than expected... Agreed, Wirdheim may get the chance, it is the most likely, but I'd have to think that Ant would be the most logical. Why have 2 Kliens in a team when you can have a Raikkonen and a Klien?
Old 13 Jul 2004, 08:24 (Ref:1035022)   #36
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!

Quote:

LOL! Well summed up!!! You know Aussie F1 journalism is poor when they say "Fernando ALFONSO crashed out of the USA grand prix yesterday"...and "Taykooma Sayto finished 3rd in the same race"....seriously, how long does it take to find out how to pronounce a name!!???
Old 13 Jul 2004, 08:47 (Ref:1035048)   #37
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Sun is reporting that Nick Heidfeld is in negotiation to test for Williams this week ahead of a possible move to Williams for the rest of the season.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,3-2004320468,00.html
Old 13 Jul 2004, 08:50 (Ref:1035053)   #38
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Heidfeld will do a solid job - and it would give Timo Glock a well deserved opportunity in the Jordan.
Old 13 Jul 2004, 08:54 (Ref:1035056)   #39
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Webber will drive for Jaguar for the rest of this year.
Old 13 Jul 2004, 09:42 (Ref:1035093)   #40
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've merged the discussion on Webber/Jaguar/Williams as there is overlap on the subjects!
Old 13 Jul 2004, 10:01 (Ref:1035109)   #41
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by deeks6
You are only allowed to have 4 drivers for the year. So, if this rumour is true, Gene must drive in Germany. If Pizzonia had a go, then only he or Gene could drive for the remainder of the year.
My understanding is taht you're only allowed 2 unenforced driver changes. Gené for Webber was enforced, but there are perfectly allowed to replace Gené twice, if they want to (although I'm not sure why deeks quoted me here, he was agreeing with me).

Interesting to see Heidfeld put forward - presumably he would get a chance for the rest of the season, with the potential of proving himself for a future drive? Jordan could use the cash, and Glock probably deserves a regular chance. if they get Mercedes or Toyota engines 2005 could be better for Jrodan, so they might be tempted to lean towards that.
Old 13 Jul 2004, 10:09 (Ref:1035119)   #42
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
jiggly_puff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i can't see DC wanting to partner ralf next year.....surely hes going to jag!
Old 13 Jul 2004, 15:09 (Ref:1035485)   #43
jet
Racer

Netherlands
Harderwijk (Netherlands)
jet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My vote goes to Davidson.It's about time that Davidson gets a race seat he is really quik and i'll like to see him race
Old 13 Jul 2004, 15:27 (Ref:1035507)   #44
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I doubt DR would be happy with Ant joining a rival outfit mid-season...

In the post-Canadian GP Autosport, I think I remember reading that Glock's backers are willing to up the financial ante to get him into a race seat, so perhaps they could come to an agreement with EJ and that'd help free up Heidfeld?

It'd be a great break for him and well deserved, but he'd struggle against Montoya in that car...