Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 10 Sep 2021, 11:44 (Ref:4072926)   #301
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now we will see what the real price is when the number crunchers who are going to front the money really get involved. It won't be what Skaife and cohorts want to pay it will be what the lenders want to give them after having a good look at the deal. No finance = no deal.
Old 10 Sep 2021, 12:12 (Ref:4072931)   #302
dirtymacca
Racer

dirtymacca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will the teams still own their REC's if their stake is bought as part of the sellout?
Old 11 Sep 2021, 06:24 (Ref:4073033)   #303
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
getting closer ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Now we will see what the real price is when the number crunchers who are going to front the money really get involved. It won't be what Skaife and cohorts want to pay it will be what the lenders want to give them after having a good look at the deal. No finance = no deal.
Bruin Capital are the money & the chief has Nascar on his CV.
https://bruincptl.com/team/

The locals involved are Barclay Nettlefold and Craig Kelly, neither lightweights in a business sense.

Skaife is a figure head for the bid, important to the fans, the spin, no more.

I sense this bid does not require the teams to sell their 35% interest as the Adderton bid did.
Old 12 Sep 2021, 09:24 (Ref:4073219)   #304
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A bid hasn't been this exciting since Sir Speedy Thexalot danced the dance to extract himself and his Aussie partner in the Kiwi Rio Beverages business to Coca Cola in 2012.

A star was born that day... although we didn't know it a the time..

What will we see here?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 12 Sep 2021, 23:20 (Ref:4073496)   #305
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
A bid hasn't been this exciting since Sir Speedy Thexalot danced the dance to extract himself and his Aussie partner in the Kiwi Rio Beverages business to Coca Cola in 2012.

A star was born that day... although we didn't know it a the time..

What will we see here?
Wasn't Cerebos Gregg's owned out of Singapore?

Speedy did well from the sale, and also the ongoing royalties
Old 13 Sep 2021, 08:44 (Ref:4073575)   #306
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post
Wasn't Cerebos Gregg's owned out of Singapore?

Speedy did well from the sale, and also the ongoing royalties
AU owned NZ and AU was owned by Singapore..
Old 15 Sep 2021, 23:07 (Ref:4074147)   #307
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting interview with Peter Smith in Auto Action and his views on the bid for Supercars.
Old 16 Sep 2021, 03:44 (Ref:4074169)   #308
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
Interesting interview with Peter Smith in Auto Action and his views on the bid for Supercars.
https://autoaction.com.au/2021/09/10...king-on-v8-bid

Edit: Just went to read the article I found / posted the link to.... sadly it is just a tease intro with a "click to subscribe and read the full article"..... Apologies

Last edited by E.B; 16 Sep 2021 at 03:53.
Old 22 Sep 2021, 07:17 (Ref:4074996)   #309
cavvy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
Did he say anything relevant here?
Old 10 Oct 2021, 03:35 (Ref:4077717)   #310
cavvy
Veteran

Suggestion that Troy Bundy is to join the new Supercars management team following his departure from his role working on the Porsche Motorsport programme in Australia.
Old 10 Oct 2021, 14:01 (Ref:4077801)   #311
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy View Post
Suggestion that Troy Bundy is to join the new Supercars management team following his departure from his role working on the Porsche Motorsport programme in Australia.
I rather preferred the body of work consistently brought by his older brother Al.. with Peg, Bud & Kelly in tow… paging Dr Shoe…
Old 10 Oct 2021, 21:37 (Ref:4077906)   #312
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy View Post
He's a good operator and if true, that would be a good move.
Old 10 Oct 2021, 22:26 (Ref:4077911)   #313
db120176
Racer

Australia
Sydney CBD
db120176 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddb120176 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I rather preferred the body of work consistently brought by his older brother Al.. with Peg, Bud & Kelly in tow… paging Dr Shoe…
And hopefully not at all like younger brother Ted
Old 13 Oct 2021, 23:29 (Ref:4078367)   #314
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Al would definitely have his hand on it
Old 14 Oct 2021, 13:39 (Ref:4078436)   #315
cavvy
Veteran

The Aus reporting a new ownership group set to take control in a deal representing less than one-third of its previous sale value.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...3297f51f2cac78

In a transaction set to be announced as soon as Friday, Supercars will be sold in a $100.3m deal to The Australian Racing Group consortium and the TGI Sport consortium, which have joined forces to form one proposal after earlier competing against each other.

..... Supercars recorded “EBITDA before appearance and grid fees” of $23.8m from $118m revenue in 2019, the last completed year of racing that was not interrupted by Covid-19.'

More detail around profitability (ebitda) & the new owners & the expertise they bring to the business they are purchasing.
Well worth a read.
Old 14 Oct 2021, 13:44 (Ref:4078437)   #316
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
So looks like there’ll be some more investment in the series, which should be nice. At least we keep most of the current team on board by the sounds of it. It’s taken time, but glad it’s come good.

Obviously last year wasn’t easy, but the series should be able to be more sustainable now, at least from next year, although it might take a bit to match previous heights for a while, but it’s a good start.

We’ll hear more as time goes on, but it sounds good by the sounds of it. Some outsider investing without taking over from those in the know. Thanks to the Aus for that article
Old 14 Oct 2021, 23:25 (Ref:4078514)   #317
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How long do we give the “partnership” before it breaks down and I’ve had to buy the other out?
Old 15 Oct 2021, 02:24 (Ref:4078525)   #318
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This really worries me. If Supercars and TCR are now kind of owned by the same body could TCR get swept up behind the Foxtel paywall ?

I stopped watching V8s and F1 when that happened in 2014, looks like it could happen again ?
Old 15 Oct 2021, 04:03 (Ref:4078528)   #319
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
This really worries me. If Supercars and TCR are now kind of owned by the same body could TCR get swept up behind the Foxtel paywall ?

I stopped watching V8s and F1 when that happened in 2014, looks like it could happen again ?
ARG seem to have a close relationship with Channel 7, and the owners of ARG have so far seemed to think FTA is important to their product…..maybe this new ownership structure will see Supercars swing a little more back to FTA.

Depends on the TLA/TGI side, they are the ones more likely to favour the $$ signs of pay tv over looking after the sport.

I really don’t see the “partnership” lasting long term. Once they have the ownership, then they’ll battle themselves and one will buy the other out……
Old 16 Oct 2021, 03:26 (Ref:4078675)   #320
cavvy
Veteran

the business side of the new ownership model

Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
ARG seem to have a close relationship with Channel 7, and the owners of ARG have so far seemed to think FTA is important to their product…..maybe this new ownership structure will see Supercars swing a little more back to FTA.

Depends on the TLA/TGI side, they are the ones more likely to favour the $$ signs of pay tv over looking after the sport.

I really don’t see the “partnership” lasting long term. Once they have the ownership, then they’ll battle themselves and one will buy the other out……
I dont see the value of the TV rights as the primary reason for the TLA/TGI involvement including funding from from TGI’s US-based owner, Bruin Sports Capital.

'The new owners were also undertaking a $25m capital raising led by advisory firm Henslow, with investors taking a large slice of the raising offered board seats and personalised VIP experiences at selected Supercars events.'

'A category of “value-add” shareholders would provide $6m in services such as billboards, radio promotion and industry expertise for two years before gaining ordinary shares.'

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...3297f51f2cac78

Last edited by cavvy; 16 Oct 2021 at 03:27. Reason: typo
Old 17 Oct 2021, 01:03 (Ref:4078816)   #321
cavvy
Veteran

QMS, TLA, TGI

Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post

Try this from May 2021 for a better idea of where the TLA/TGI group are coming from:
https://www.mediaweek.com.au/qms-com...sport-capital/
QMS Media (QMS) has announced that it has completed its strategic partnership with Bruin Capital (Bruin). The partnership will see Bruin and Quadrant Private Equity become co-owners of global sports technology company TGI Sport which includes TLA Worldwide (Aust) Pty Ltd and TLA – ESP Limited (UK).

TGI Global CEO, Barclay Nettlefold, said: “The completion of the deal forms a key component of our strategic vision as we set out to create a world leading technology led sports media business. The new partnership will build on TGI’s impressive growth, adding the strategic capabilities, capital and resources of Bruin to diversify and expand the company worldwide.

“We are well positioned to drive significant growth and meet our strategic and financial objectives, particularly with our investment into leading Parallel Advertising (PADS) multiplication technology which is revolutionising the way broadcasters and sporting bodies can segment and regionalise perimeter LED advertising.”

There's more thats about the business model rather than SuperCars, given it was ahead of bids closing.
Old 21 Oct 2021, 05:16 (Ref:4079306)   #322
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RACE

Interesting

Racing Australia Consolidated Enterprises

The sale of Supercars to RACE is due to be finalised this week.

Private outside investment is providing most of the funding in a partial pre-sale flotation.

Under the new ownership, Supercars will be run by a high-powered board of directors, possibly chaired by retiring Triple Eight team boss – and long-time V8 powerbroker – Roland Dane.

The RACE consortium will combine all of Australia’s major motor racing categories under one ownership and management group.
Old 21 Oct 2021, 06:24 (Ref:4079307)   #323
Spec83
Rookie

Spec83 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Various media outlets (… and Adderton) are reporting the preferred consortium are going through a capital raising to actually get the $55M required.

Rather use others money than their own, thats how confident they are - what a mess!!!

Wonder if IPRA regulations will be in for the running of the 2022 championship?? :-D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 21 Oct 2021, 07:02 (Ref:4079308)   #324
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec83 View Post
Various media outlets (… and Adderton) are reporting the preferred consortium are going through a capital raising to actually get the $55M required.

Rather use others money than their own, thats how confident they are - what a mess!!!

Wonder if IPRA regulations will be in for the running of the 2022 championship?? :-D

Bit silly to spend your own money on an enterprise that's lost north of $250 million from it's value...
Old 21 Oct 2021, 07:15 (Ref:4079309)   #325
Spec83
Rookie

Spec83 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post
Bit silly to spend your own money on an enterprise that's lost north of $250 million from it's value...

Unless you are 100% certain it has bottomed out… the capital raising suggests that might not the case :-/

Either way, its bad news